Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: GDT - Phi @ KC, 17Sep17
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Pages: 1, 2
CT_Eagle
I figured we could use a game day thread instead of starting a new thread for everything that happens in the game.

Time to get this started.
CT_Eagle

That was a good stop after the 44 yard pass to Kelce.

The Eagles didn't get any pressure on Smith during that drive. Some big holes by the Chief line on the two runs.
CT_Eagle
Not a bad drive. The pass protection broke down on 3 of the plays. Smith needs to make that catch.
The Franchise
I like them putting Jenkins on Kelce. He'll still have a big game, but the only one who might be able to make a play on him is Jenkins.
CT_Eagle
If Watkins goes for the tackle instead of the ball there, the Chiefs are punting
CT_Eagle
The run D did it's job on that drive. The line also got some pressure on the 3rd down. Get defensive series.
CT_Eagle
QUOTE (The Franchise @ Sep 17 2017, 06:24 PM) *
I like them putting Jenkins on Kelce. He'll still have a big game, but the only one who might be able to make a play on him is Jenkins.

I can't think of anyone else who can do the job. Maybe Hicks on the crossing patterns.
CT_Eagle
Sacked on a 3 man rush and damn near a turnover. Unreal.
CT_Eagle
The OL killed that drive.
CT_Eagle
The secondary is dropping like flies
CT_Eagle
dupe
CT_Eagle
Another good series by the defense. Kendricks was great.
CT_Eagle
That is 2 catches Smith should have come down with. The Eagles need WRs to make plays. Especially in tight games like this one.
CT_Eagle
Horrible drive. The OL is sill looking shaky at best.
nephillymike
Andy with three timeouts in the two minute warning.

Let that last play run off 19 seconds off the clock to get down to the 2.00 mark.

Get yo popcorn ready!
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (CT_Eagle @ Sep 17 2017, 01:01 PM) *
Horrible drive. The OL is sill looking shaky at best.

KC's pass rush is no joke. It's a tough matchup.
The Franchise
Entering the 2 minute warning and not a timeout has been called? laugh.gif
CT_Eagle
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 17 2017, 06:05 PM) *
KC's pass rush is no joke. It's a tough matchup.

They are good and I give them some credit but good offensive lines do not allow sacks on 3 man rushes.
CT_Eagle
QUOTE (The Franchise @ Sep 17 2017, 06:06 PM) *
Entering the 2 minute warning and not a timeout has been called? laugh.gif

This is a fast moving game.
The Franchise
Clock running, it's 3rd down - let's let another 25 seconds run off the clock before calling timeout.

Vintage Andy! laugh.gif
nephillymike
QUOTE (CT_Eagle @ Sep 17 2017, 01:08 PM) *
They are good and I give them some credit but good offensive lines do not allow sacks on 3 man rushes.

I think the OL played too much in the preseason and are tired. rolleyes.gif
CT_Eagle
QUOTE (The Franchise @ Sep 17 2017, 06:09 PM) *
Clock running, it's 3rd down - let's let another 25 seconds run off the clock before calling timeout.

Vintage Andy! laugh.gif

He has never been good at clock management. This is a perfect example.
CT_Eagle
Great defensive stand
CT_Eagle
AHHHH Sproles!

Anyone else on this team and I would be calling for their head.
CT_Eagle
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Sep 17 2017, 06:09 PM) *
I think the OL played too much in the preseason and are tired. rolleyes.gif

I think you may be on to something.
CT_Eagle
Great job by the D after the turnover. For that matter, great job in the first half.
CT_Eagle
So after 6 quarters of the 2017 season, I am still waiting for this offense to put together a solid drive. Hopefully in the 2nd half today.
nephillymike
Fucking Elliott.

A 30 yd FG is at least 90% shot.

Inexcusable.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (CT_Eagle @ Sep 17 2017, 01:15 PM) *
Great job by the D after the turnover. For that matter, great job in the first half.

Schwartz has been excellent this year. I'm glad he's dialing up blitzes at what seems to be a much higher rate. Relying on the front-4 to consistently get pressure is just too much.
nephillymike
I love how they are roughing up Smith.
The Franchise
I had a bad feeling on that field goal. It looked like it may have been a crappy hold, but no excuse to leave those points off the board.

At least Ertz not scoring allowed Andy to use his final timeout - he must have been itching to.
CT_Eagle
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 17 2017, 06:25 PM) *
Schwartz has been excellent this year. I'm glad he's dialing up blitzes at what seems to be a much higher rate. Relying on the front-4 to consistently get pressure is just too much.

Agreed. The D is looking solid and Schwartz has done well. The 4 man approach is great because the secondary is not a strength of this team.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (CT_Eagle @ Sep 17 2017, 01:29 PM) *
Agreed. The D is looking solid and Schwartz has done well. The 4 man approach is great because the secondary is not a strength of this team.

Which is why it's even more critical we get pressure. And well timed blitzes seem to be the best answer for that.
CT_Eagle
I still have some concerns about Wentz's accuracy down field. If you look at his stats today they look ok. If you take out the 53 bounce to Ertz, Wentz is 8/15 for 81 yards. That is not a good first half.
The Franchise
QUOTE (CT_Eagle @ Sep 17 2017, 01:34 PM) *
I still have some concerns about Wentz's accuracy down field. If you look at his stats today they look ok. If you take out the 53 bounce to Ertz, Wentz is 8/15 for 81 yards. That is not a good first half.

He's going to put the ball up and give his WR's a chance to make a play. Smith had a couple tough chances and couldn't deliver, but I'd wager he'll get a big one in the 2nd half.
CT_Eagle
That is what I am looking for from Smith.
CT_Eagle
The run blocking looks a lot better with Sproles running this week then when Blount was running last week.
CT_Eagle
Hit Agholar in the hand. The Eagle's WR have to come down with more of those types of passes.

I will say that we have not seen many easy catches dropped like last year. Most of the drops today were tough passes to catch.
nephillymike
Next offensive series, it's time for hurry up offense and maybe that gives a spark.
nephillymike
QUOTE (CT_Eagle @ Sep 17 2017, 01:34 PM) *

Me too. Can't leave TDs on the field every week.
CT_Eagle
Another good series by the D. The pressure from the D line is keeping them in this game.
nephillymike
Can't waste this D effort.

Run the hurry up!
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Sep 17 2017, 01:45 PM) *
Me too. Can't leave TDs on the field every week.

Which plays do you believe Wentz left on the field? I've seen three balls hit receivers in the hands. One in the end zone.

The Franchise
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Sep 17 2017, 01:48 PM) *
Run the hurry up!

Or as it's known to Reid and Pederson, the '8 minute drill.'
CT_Eagle
This should be a TD
CT_Eagle
That was a great drive.

When I talk about methodical drives that are run as designed, that is what I am talking about. Wentz was comfortable in the pocket. Pederson called some runs at the right time. Sproles and Smallwood made good use of those carries. The offensive line did a good job.
nephillymike
Nice drive!

Woo hoo !!
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (CT_Eagle @ Sep 17 2017, 01:58 PM) *
That was a great drive.

When I talk about methodical drives that are run as designed, that is what I am talking about. Wentz was comfortable in the pocket. Pederson called some runs at the right time. Sproles and Smallwood made good use of those carries. The offensive line did a good job.

Yep. 71%. Just how they draw it up wink.gif
CT_Eagle
Dammit
CT_Eagle
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 17 2017, 07:03 PM) *
Yep. 71%. Just how they draw it up wink.gif

Great. Show me the teams that pass for more than 60% over the course of a season. biggrin.gif

Sorry, edit to add, and win a Super Bowl
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.