Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: McNabb and his "love" for Wentz
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
For some reason, this has sports talk hoppin'

http://www.csnphilly.com/the700level/donov...n-after-one-win
The Franchise
Not sure I'm digging the beard.
Joegrane
I agree about the beard.

In a way he is doing CW a favor by helping the "Wentzlvania wagon" to stay at a reasonable size. If he stays healthy despite the high usage rate, he could have a big year--and a big wagon to go along with it.

QUOTE (The Franchise @ Sep 12 2017, 08:30 PM) *
Not sure I'm digging the beard.

nephillymike
They turned this into a "why do we love Wentz more than we liked McNabb" argument on the airwaves.

What they were missing is that after one game of his second season, the love for McNabb was at least equal to the love for Wentz. This town was juiced.

It was the years of not getting the ultimate prize that followed and McNabb's unpopular passive-aggressive tendencies that have put an end to the McNabb love fest. Not saying coming up short all lies on him, it doesn't, but as the QB, he gets more than his fair share of blame.

If Wentz's career has a similar outcome, with the same odd personality, the result will be the same.
Zero
I don't think he said anything outrageous, but I think Eagle fans would like him to somehow show that he is the best QB in franchise history with some hint of bias. Added to the passive aggressive, he seems to have disassociated himself from his Eagles family.
The Franchise
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Sep 13 2017, 04:20 AM) *
If Wentz's career has a similar outcome, with the same odd personality, the result will be the same.

Regardless of how his career goes, we can pretty much count out any public passive-aggressive behavior from Wentz.
Pila
QUOTE (The Franchise @ Sep 13 2017, 06:58 PM) *
Regardless of how his career goes, we can pretty much count out any public passive-aggressive behavior from Wentz.

I agree. Wentz appears to be entirely more focused on the things that matter insofar as his self-worth, both as a man and as a player.

Donovan had more difficulty in some cases. For instance, Wentz despite being a Jeebus freak, he doesn't give off the jeebus freak vibe of a Tebow-like indoctrinated zombie, proselytizing asshole. He's likable despite that crutch.

On the other hand, Donovan occasionally made his own crutches much more difficult to overcome, not necessarily when things were going well, but rather when they turned difficult. At those times, he allowed his insecurities to dominate his reactions, his personality.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.