Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: This win doesn't have me over confident
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
I don't mean to be negative and I'm not panicking, but this win was a lot of bad Skins, good defense and Wentz magic. It's a win and I'm happy, but I just get the feeling that this is at best a second tier team that doesn't have the foundational players or coach to be anything more than entertaining.
Phits
Week 1 Game 1 is not usually a good indication of how the team will perform throughout the season.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Phits @ Sep 12 2017, 09:55 AM) *
Week 1 Game 1 is not usually a good indication of how the team will perform throughout the season.

Amen. I think what it showed most was how badly the current preseason and TC regimen prepares teams for the regular season.
Joegrane
This film review of the defense makes me more nervous about the secondary. They look much like last year's unit, especially after the loss of Darby.

I suggest that you especially look at the review of the Mills Int. The LB blitz saved an easy TD. Mills was SO out of position to defend the pass that he was in position to intercept the ball! Even with the blitz, a good QB would have made the easy pass for a TD.
https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2017/9/...ks-kirk-cousins

QUOTE (Zero @ Sep 12 2017, 05:19 AM) *
I don't mean to be negative and I'm not panicking, but this win was a lot of bad Skins, good defense and Wentz magic. It's a win and I'm happy, but I just get the feeling that this is at best a second tier team that doesn't have the foundational players or coach to be anything more than entertaining.

Pila
I, on the other hand, think every win is clear indication we're Superbowl bound. And when we lose, clear indication that we're 1st pick in the draft bound.

Since when are Eagle fans suddenly allowing reason to override knee-jerk? Go root for the Falcons if you intend on being even-keel Kerry. Sheesh!
CT_Eagle
QUOTE (Zero @ Sep 12 2017, 11:19 AM) *

It shouldn't. The offense was not operating very efficiently. Wentz made some big plays to put points on the board but you cannot rely on that. I want to see a few drives where the Eagles move the ball methodically down the field. No penalties, no crazy Wentz scrambles. Just an offense operating as it is designed to do. When we start seeing that, we will know we have something on offense.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.