Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I hate to bring up Sammy but........lol
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Reality Fan
Funny how a he seems to be throwing the ball downfield....lol.....not shocking when a pretty good QB has a decent couple of WRs to throw to and a few seconds to throw. Already has 7 pass plays of 20 yards or more.....

Sorry....it was just too tempting...lol
mcnabbulous
You don't hate to bring it up at all. You did it all last season until his team started shitting the bed and he ended up with the 19th highest YPA in the league (despite the fact that he set a record for completion %)

Sam looks great when he throws to his first read. That's literally always been the case. Check out his Oklahoma highlights. That's what I did.

You might want to tuck your boner into your waistband until he plays a defense other than the Saints. Keep in mind, they did finish dead last in pass defense last season.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 11 2017, 09:37 PM) *
You don't hate to bring it up at all. You did it all last season until his team started shitting the bed and he ended up with the 19th highest YPA in the league (despite the fact that he set a record for completion %)

Sam looks great when he throws to his first read. That's literally always been the case. Check out his Oklahoma highlights. That's what I did.

You might want to tuck your boner into your waistband until he plays a defense other than the Saints. Keep in mind, they did finish dead last in pass defense last season.

lol...yes, I know....and Minny did not lose their starting tackles for the season and then their replacements for the season and their best WR to nagging injuries and the Rams were the most talent laden roster ever convened while he played there.lolol

I just get a kick out all the stupidity that his stay here inspired. So many don't even realize the idiocy they ran out there. Stuff like now saying you need to give Wentz weapons, well no shit! But another QB doesn't need weapons?..lol

The guy is a good QB who had the misfotune of getting drafted by a bad team in a bad situation(of course he made a gazillion dollars so it is not toalt misfortune). I love how you dismiss circumstance for him but whine and moan for Hack. Funny how you miss that irony.lol Kind of like us facing the 24th ranked passing defense from last year....no a peep about that...lol

Bradford is like any other good QB. Give him decent options and a decent O line and he will do well. it isn't rocket science. The guy is a good QB. He si not Brady but he is pretty good.

If Diggs stays healthy for Minny they are going to go pretty far this year and while I don't want to follow them I would be happy to wager on them and first read Sammy if you have the guts.
Pila
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Sep 12 2017, 03:04 AM) *
Bradford is like any other good QB. Give him decent options and a decent O line and he will do well. it isn't rocket science. The guy is a good QB. He si not Brady but he is pretty good.

If Diggs stays healthy for Minny they are going to go pretty far this year and while I don't want to follow them I would be happy to wager on them and first read Sammy if you have the guts.
I agree. I thought and still think he was very good in most of our games, especially once he got comfortable later that season.

But Wentz promises much more. He just exudes that swag. Almost Agholor like.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Pila @ Sep 11 2017, 10:29 PM) *
I agree. I thought and still think he was very good in most of our games, especially once he got comfortable later that season.

But Wentz promises much more. He just exudes that swag. Almost Agholor like.

I agree, I think that Wentz will be a pretty good QB and I much prefer him to just about anyone right now. He has that presence and it is natural and now he has guys to throw to. I have said this before but I will say it again, I was never a fan of Bradford, never knew much about him but when he came here I researched him. No one would have done well with the Rams in his time there. I thought he looked good here considering who he played with. In Minny no one could have predicted all of the injuries to their O line but now they are young and healthy. If he sucks this year then I will say that it is his fault. What was funny to me was the idea that he only throws short but when he played here they were 2nd in the league in passing plays over 40 yards. Go figure...lol
mcnabbulous
What is the wager you have in mind?
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Sep 11 2017, 09:46 PM) *
What was funny to me was the idea that he only throws short but when he played here they were 2nd in the league in passing plays over 40 yards. Go figure...lol

No one says he always throws short. My point has always been that he either throws deep to his first read or (more often) checks down. Which is why, despite having a great completion percentage, he ranks in the bottom half of the league in ypa. Which is an impressive feat.

The Saints blow on defense.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 11 2017, 10:50 PM) *
No one says he always throws short. My point has always been that he either throws deep to his first read or (more often) checks down. Which is why, despite having a great completion percentage, he ranks in the bottom half of the league in ypa. Which is an impressive feat.

The Saints blow on defense.

So do the Redskins...lol

He ranked in the bottom half of the league in YPA because he had no WRs. Kind of like Wentz last year who was 10 spots below Bradford....and had a good completion %.
Pila
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Sep 12 2017, 03:46 AM) *
I agree, I think that Wentz will be a pretty good QB and I much prefer him to just about anyone right now. He has that presence and it is natural and now he has guys to throw to. I have said this before but I will say it again, I was never a fan of Bradford, never knew much about him but when he came here I researched him. No one would have done well with the Rams in his time there. I thought he looked good here considering who he played with. In Minny no one could have predicted all of the injuries to their O line but now they are young and healthy. If he sucks this year then I will say that it is his fault. What was funny to me was the idea that he only throws short but when he played here they were 2nd in the league in passing plays over 40 yards. Go figure...lol

I knew only of his general shorts clippings. I did no research whatsoever. I just watched him play for the Eagles. He looked good. Sometimes real good. Maybe it was the relative primer of the shitty version of Vick and Foles that gave me that impression. It's possible.
The Franchise
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 11 2017, 09:37 PM) *

Any word on when Geno Smith is playing next?

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
Reality Fan
QUOTE (The Franchise @ Sep 11 2017, 11:47 PM) *
Any word on when Geno Smith is playing next?

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

He is starting a band with Hackenberg...they are playing State College on Saturday at the Rathskeller

tongue.gif laugh.gif tongue.gif
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Sep 11 2017, 10:52 PM) *
He is starting a band with Hackenberg...they are playing State College on Saturday at the Rathskeller

If I'm still making excuses for Geno and Hack when they are Sam's age (3 years and 7 years, respectively) I'd certainly deserve to get shit.

But you sure do seem to be selective in your "whoa is me, he played for the really bad Rams" apology tour when discussing two dudes that are burdened with the Jets.

Also, the skeller serves $1.75 beers on gamedays. That's just good policy.
The Franchise
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Sep 11 2017, 10:52 PM) *

Technically, they're backing up the main band. laugh.gif
The Franchise
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 11 2017, 11:08 PM) *

Well, at least we can agree on that.

cheers.gif
nephillymike
Much like last year's home opener, Sleeves looked top notch for the parts of the game that I saw last night.

Zero
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Sep 12 2017, 06:14 AM) *
Much like last year's home opener, Sleeves looked top notch for the parts of the game that I saw last night.

I like Sleeves but like Wentz more. Good trade for the Eagles.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 12 2017, 12:08 AM) *
If I'm still making excuses for Geno and Hack when they are Sam's age (3 years and 7 years, respectively) I'd certainly deserve to get shit.

But you sure do seem to be selective in your "whoa is me, he played for the really bad Rams" apology tour when discussing two dudes that are burdened with the Jets.

I am not selective at all, I think you misunderstand. I agree that going to the Jets is a disaster for any QB. Getting drafted by a terrible team is difficult and can be career ending for any QB. That is my point. Much like Bradford, neither guy was put in a place where his success was likely, particularly as a rookie.

Rolling Rock by the bucket....best deal in town.
D Rock
Yeah yeah yeah....

Sammy Sleeves would be awesome IF he only wasn't on the worst teams in the history of the game.

Geno Smith would be awesome IF he only wasn't on the worst team in the history of the game.

Sammy, and Geno are so fucking awesome.

rolleyes.gif
D Rock
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Sep 12 2017, 02:14 PM) *
Rolling Rock by the bucket....best deal in town.

Ew.

You mean the loser has to drink that piss, right?
Reality Fan
QUOTE (D Rock @ Sep 12 2017, 10:22 AM) *
Ew.

You mean the loser has to drink that piss, right?

The difference between men and metrosexuals.....lol

Rolling Rock by the bucket is a right of passage....I realize it is not a cool microbrew but in college on a budget it is a gift from the Gods.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.