Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: It may end up being between you guys and us...
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Dreagon
I really wasn't surprised you guys beat the Redskins. I figured y'all would because, like I said earlier, I think that overall the Eagles were simply the better team.

What surprised me was the anemic performance put on by New York. I thought we could beat them, but I didn't figure on it being like that. They have some real problems they need to fix quick or they are hosed. Our defensive line doesn't scare a lot of people, but the Giants O-line made them look like pro-bowlers... and that was with two of our starters suspended! What's gonna happen when they run into teams with a real pass rush? And I'm beginning to wonder if Eli has simply lost it. Even with being hurried, he still faced a defensive backfield full of rookies he could take advantage of... except he didn't. He even got baited and intercepted by a second year player. Oh, and their entire rushing attack came to about thirty yards.

So unless the Giants fix a lot of things in a hurry (and I don't think just getting Odell back will do it). the race for the East may end up being between Philly and Dallas.
Zero
I didn't watch much of your game last night. What's your take on how Dak did and how do you see his season unfolding? And, do you think Zeke will be affected by all the sideshows he has to deal with?
Dreagon
QUOTE (Zero @ Sep 11 2017, 05:19 AM) *
I didn't watch much of your game last night. What's your take on how Dak did and how do you see his season unfolding? And, do you think Zeke will be affected by all the sideshows he has to deal with?

Dak started off a little inaccurate, but then he settled down and things were pretty much a continuation from last year. He's not as entertaining to watch as Romo, but takes what's there and avoids mistakes. As far as Elliot goes, I think the sideshows have just given him something to prove. He didn't bust any long ones against the Giants but consistently ran hard and ground out yardage. Offensively, we are pretty much identical to last year.

Defensively, we'll just have to wait and see. We are awful young in our backfield...although the guys these youngsters are replacing were hardly All-pros.
D Rock
Fuk dak and women beating running backs. And especially cowboys.
Eyrie
I like the sound of that NJ VaGiants OL. Can't wait to play them.
SAM I Am
QUOTE (D Rock @ Sep 11 2017, 10:03 AM) *
Fuk dak and women beating running backs. And especially cowboys.

I'll second that.
Joegrane
I would agree with you if not for the Eagles' injuries.

The Eagles lost their most important DB for 6 weeks. OT Peters tweaked his groin in week 1 causing their running game to get thrown off the bus. At his age that could be a lingering problem. The kicker is out for a few weeks and RB Smallwood did not see much action after getting tackled by a DT's helmet in the balls

The Skins did not look impressive.

The Giants were a disappointing surprise, even without OB.

It may be that the NFC East won't be as tough as many predicted.

The Eagles probably would need to win 3 out of 4 from the Giants and Skins and spit with Dallas to be in contention for the NFC East. There are too many other tough games on the schedule.

QUOTE (Dreagon @ Sep 11 2017, 05:10 AM) *
I really wasn't surprised you guys beat the Redskins. I figured y'all would because, like I said earlier, I think that overall the Eagles were simply the better team.

What surprised me was the anemic performance put on by New York. I thought we could beat them, but I didn't figure on it being like that. They have some real problems they need to fix quick or they are hosed. Our defensive line doesn't scare a lot of people, but the Giants O-line made them look like pro-bowlers... and that was with two of our starters suspended! What's gonna happen when they run into teams with a real pass rush? And I'm beginning to wonder if Eli has simply lost it. Even with being hurried, he still faced a defensive backfield full of rookies he could take advantage of... except he didn't. He even got baited and intercepted by a second year player. Oh, and their entire rushing attack came to about thirty yards.

So unless the Giants fix a lot of things in a hurry (and I don't think just getting Odell back will do it). the race for the East may end up being between Philly and Dallas.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.