Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Darby has dislocated ankle
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Eyrie
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/...ed-right-ankle/

Let's hope it's nothing too serious.
mcnabbulous
Probably best case scenario given the video. Maybe a return someone around week 10.
Birdwatcher
I saw how his foot was twisted inward and knew it was dislocated, but even if there is no break or major ligament or tendon damage, he is going to be out for a while, if not the entire season. Guessing Douglass gets his chance starting next week.
Pila
Swelling is gonna be terrible for a few weeks.

But way better than a break. P

Provided no significant ligament damage, he'll be back this year.
SAM I Am
We should have a much clearer picture on the extent of the injury after he gets a MRI on Monday.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Pila @ Sep 10 2017, 06:13 PM) *
Swelling is gonna be terrible for a few weeks.

But way better than a break. P

Provided no significant ligament damage, he'll be back this year.

I don't know that it is better. First there is the question of nerve damage, then there is the issue of laxity of the tendons. I dislocated my thumb playing volleyball 30 years ago and I can still nearly pull my thumb out of the socket. Going to be interesting to see how much damage there is and to what. Nerves, blood vessels, tendons all are at risk. Not good and then there is an issue as to what effect it will have on his speed when he returns.
Joegrane
I am SO disappointed. The injuries to Peters and especially Darby probably end the Eagles' chances for the playoffs this year. I think he was that important to what Schwartz wants to do. Now they'll be more limited in pressure schemes.

After seeing Agholor making plays, Smith getting open deep against a quality opponent, the D Line as good as advertised and CW working his magic my hopes were getting up for the playoffs.

It seemed the Skins' O was able to move the ball more consistently after Darby was lost.

Big V was not terrible in place of Peters but it seemed the Eagles could no longer run the ball to that side. They had to rely on a passing attack. We'll likely have to get used to that.

I fear the injury to Peters could be a lingering problem. I'd rather see them sit Peters against KC, an unlikely W anyway; however, after the game he said he'll be ready for KC.

QUOTE (Eyrie @ Sep 10 2017, 04:40 PM) *
Zero
QUOTE (Joegrane @ Sep 10 2017, 08:59 PM) *
I am SO disappointed.

To a degree, I get the doom and gloom. This was the first game of the season. The defense looked inconsistent but good and if the DL can get consistent pressure on the QB it will help the secondary coverage a lot ... I don't see the defense as being a major problem and still much better than last year. The OL had their issues but the talent is there and there's reason to believe they'll improve which will help both the running game and the QB. BigV is the question, and the receiver talent is improved to the point that they can use a TE there to help. That said, Peters said he'd play Sunday. Wentz and the receivers are so much better than last year there's a pile of hope there too. STs looked like they may be heading back to the top of the pile again.

Don't worry. Be happy. We're tied for #1. wink.gif
mcnabbulous
Out 4-6 weeks. No major ligament damange. Literally the best news possible.
Joegrane
Wow, that's amazing considering how mangled his foot looked.

QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 11 2017, 09:49 AM) *

nephillymike
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 11 2017, 09:49 AM) *

Nice news!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.