Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The D was good today
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
CT_Eagle
They held Was to 10 points and iced the game at the end. The D line had consistent pressure. The secondary was shaky but did well enough. The are going to struggle against QBs with better accuracy than Cousins showed today.
The Franchise
QUOTE (CT_Eagle @ Sep 10 2017, 04:33 PM) *
They held Was to 10 points and iced the game at the end. The D line had consistent pressure. The secondary was shaky but did well enough. The are going to struggle against QBs with better accuracy than Cousins showed today.

Can't complain at all about the D today, but let's face it - without a couple drops and missed throws, Wash. easily puts up another 20 points. Darby is going to be missed.
Zero
I thought the pressure was inconsistent and didn't protect the secondary that way it will now need to.
Pila
QUOTE (The Franchise @ Sep 10 2017, 08:36 PM) *
Can't complain at all about the D today, but let's face it - without a couple drops and missed throws, Wash. easily puts up another 20 points. Darby is going to be missed.

Dropped passed are part of your overall talent degree, as we learned last season.

Fact is, the eagles were clearly the better team today in almost every single category. The score is not an anomaly or dilated. It's an accurate representation of the deterrence between the two teams. At least today, it was.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Pila @ Sep 10 2017, 03:41 PM) *
Dropped passed are part of your overall talent degree, as we learned last season.

Fact is, the eagles were clearly the better team today in almost every single category. The score is not an anomaly or dilated. It's an accurate representation of the deterrence between the two teams. At least today, it was.

Agree.

The D played very well.

I was happiest with the blitz packages.
The Franchise
QUOTE (Pila @ Sep 10 2017, 03:41 PM) *

I predicted we would win, and we did - of course we were the better team. It's just obvious that against good teams our secondary is going to have major problems. Our front 7 reminded me of our JJ days at times.
Pila
QUOTE (The Franchise @ Sep 10 2017, 10:13 PM) *
I predicted we would win, and we did - of course we were the better team. It's just obvious that against good teams our secondary is going to have major problems. Our front 7 reminded me of our JJ days at times.

Especially without Darby.

PS was Washington not regarded as a good team?
SAM I Am
QUOTE (Zero @ Sep 10 2017, 04:40 PM) *
I thought the pressure was inconsistent and didn't protect the secondary that way it will now need to.

At times they looked dominant, and at other times, not so much.

It's game one. I'll take it.
The Franchise
QUOTE (Pila @ Sep 10 2017, 05:11 PM) *
PS was Washington not regarded as a good team?

Most people had them somewhere in the middle/rear of the pack. They were 8-7-1 last year and lost DJax and Garcon.
Reality Fan
While Darby has speed he was not great last year at all so I don't think he was the answer so while he will be missed it is not catastrophic. He is decent, not a champ bailey though.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Sep 10 2017, 07:48 PM) *
He is decent, not a champ bailey though.

You have high standards.

Darby was excellent as a rookie. Which means that he has the ability to be just that. There could be many reasons why he didn't perform well last year, but he's quite obviously the best talent we have at the position.

We need him on the field to really compete this year.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 11 2017, 11:14 AM) *
You have high standards.

Darby was excellent as a rookie. Which means that he has the ability to be just that. There could be many reasons why he didn't perform well last year, but he's quite obviously the best talent we have at the position.

We need him on the field to really compete this year.

I am not saying he is horrible but he was truly horrible last year which means that just as he has the ability to be very good he has the possibility of being very bad. While my comment on Champ bailey was obviously sarcasm he can't be referred to as a superstar. Even after a good rookie season which he was not regarded as a defensive rookie of the year he came back and laid an egg in year 2. Normally great CBs don't do that. I was not counting on him to be amazing, only good enough to strengthen the position. He will miss most if not all of the season so they better get a plan in place fast. Even with the good prognosis he will not be close to 100% for a long time.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Sep 11 2017, 12:11 PM) *
He will miss most if not all of the season so they better get a plan in place fast. Even with the good prognosis he will not be close to 100% for a long time.

He's going to miss 4-6 weeks according to all the news this morning.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 11 2017, 01:52 PM) *
He's going to miss 4-6 weeks according to all the news this morning.

If that ankle is anywhere close to 100% in 6 weeks the docs are miracle workers. Having had a dislocation it does not recover quickly. I can't imagine what it is like for an ankle.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Sep 11 2017, 04:08 PM) *
If that ankle is anywhere close to 100% in 6 weeks the docs are miracle workers. Having had a dislocation it does not recover quickly. I can't imagine what it is like for an ankle.

About 8 years ago, I fractured my ankle and tore a couple ligaments. Hurt like a bitch and I irresponsibly handled the aftermath (e.g. Didn't rehab it and continued my normal routine). Suffice it to say, it was messed up for a while.

Since then, I've had similar mishaps where I'll roll it in a manner similar to what Darby did yesterday. I don't know if it's a product of having stretched out the ligaments or what, but I've always been able to avoid serious problems with my subsequent injuries.

My point is that maybe he got lucky as fuck.
The Franchise
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 11 2017, 05:20 PM) *
About 8 years ago, I fractured my ankle and tore a couple ligaments. Hurt like a bitch and I irresponsibly handled the aftermath (e.g. Didn't rehab it and continued my normal routine). Suffice it to say, it was messed up for a while.

I heard attempting a triple axel can be dangerous. Glad you recovered.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (The Franchise @ Sep 11 2017, 04:30 PM) *
I heard attempting a triple axel can be dangerous. Glad you recovered.

I love how you deny being the same douche who has been ruining this board for years with your previously banned alter-egos but then use the same, tired recycled jokes.

QUOTE (Robberson @ Oct 14 2015, 01:31 PM) *
It's a sport. Injuries happen. Injuries are preventable to a degree, such as by making sure your footing is correct when reaching for a double play ball, instead of trying to be a ballerina and ending up on sportscenter. The problem is beta males like you ruining sports to make yourselves feel better. This is why grazing a quarterback's helmet is a penalty. Stick to tennis and figure skating - oh wait, should they ban triple axels too?

The Franchise
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 11 2017, 04:48 PM) *
I love how you deny being the same douche who has been ruining this board for years with your previously banned alter-egos but then use the same, tired recycled jokes.

samaroo
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Sep 12 2017, 02:11 AM) *
I am not saying he is horrible but he was truly horrible last year which means that just as he has the ability to be very good he has the possibility of being very bad. While my comment on Champ bailey was obviously sarcasm he can't be referred to as a superstar. Even after a good rookie season which he was not regarded as a defensive rookie of the year he came back and laid an egg in year 2. Normally great CBs don't do that. I was not counting on him to be amazing, only good enough to strengthen the position. He will miss most if not all of the season so they better get a plan in place fast. Even with the good prognosis he will not be close to 100% for a long time.

I've read in several places that Buffalo started something like 6 safeties on his side last season, which would be a big possible reason for a down year. Also, if not being named the best rookie means you suck, the NFL is full of garbage players.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.