Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wentz still needs work, but...
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Birdwatcher
To me the mark of a young player is not how many mistakes they make, but how many plays they make and the outcome, and he made enough and got the W today. He will get better, all the signs are there, just needs to polish his skills.
CT_Eagle
QUOTE (Birdwatcher @ Sep 10 2017, 09:10 PM) *
To me the mark of a young player is not how many mistakes they make, but how many plays they make and the outcome, and he made enough and got the W today. He will get better, all the signs are there, just needs to polish his skills.

The crazy thing is that Wentz was more effective when he was moving. His throws were more accurate and he made less mistakes. Most of his poor throws today came when he was standing in the pocket. If the Eagles want to beat the top teams in the NFL, Wentz is going to have to be able to pass from the pocket.
Pila
He's special.

But he has a lot of trouble with overhand, short throws.

For that reason alone, Pederson needs to throw all plays that develop behind the line of scrimmage into the fucking garbage.

Fucking Zeus, I hate WR screens.
The Franchise
QUOTE (Pila @ Sep 10 2017, 03:16 PM) *
For that reason alone, Pederson needs to throw all plays that develop behind the line of scrimmage into the fucking garbage.

Especially when he doubled down and started the next drive with one.

On that note, why not try some RB screens? I don't think I saw one. It would certainly be worth it considering the pressure they got on Wentz all day.
Pila
QUOTE (The Franchise @ Sep 10 2017, 09:18 PM) *
Especially when he doubled down and started the next drive with one.

On that note, why not try some RB screens? I don't think I saw one. It would certainly be worth it considering the pressure they got on Wentz all day.

There was one to Sproles for a good gain, which was inexplicably successful, I called it just as the previous play was over. In addition to being a WR coach, I clearly have the skills to be a defensive coordinator. How is it possible im not working in the NFL?
nephillymike
QUOTE (Pila @ Sep 10 2017, 03:16 PM) *
He's special.

But he has a lot of trouble with overhand, short throws.

If I were to keep that play, I would fake it and throw it deep to Smith in one on one coverage on the other side.

Other than that, screw it, take it out.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.