Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: This doesn't sound good
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
One Eagles staffer said the only coach who probably doesn’t think Schwartz is trying to undercut Pederson is Pederson. Three players, who requested anonymity, said that it’s become well-known in the locker room that Schwartz is waiting to usurp power.

“He walks around the building like he thinks he’s the head coach,” one player said.
Linc ...
mcnabbulous
McLane blows
nephillymike
And the piling on continues, as does the seemingly disfunctional owner- GM- coach setup.

Let's hope we win tomorrow to put it on the back burner for a week.
Eyrie
It's difficult to understand why Schwartz would want to do this, so I'm sceptical.

He won't get the head coach job here if he's seen to be part of the reason that Pederson fails, nor would he get a head coach job anywhere else.

Schwartz's best move is to concentrate on making sure that the defence is seen as the strength of the team, so that it would be the struggles of Pederson's offense that would create a vacancy at the top and Schwartz would then be able to offer himself as the in-house candidate with a track record of success.
Joegrane
J Peters said in his post game interview, "We had to get this win for Doug."

Clearly a coach who has the support of his future HoF OT is in a good position in the locker room. All of the talk about Pedey this past week had be a bit nervous; however, after the Peters comment, I'm not concerned.
One Eagles staffer said the only coach who probably doesn’t think Schwartz is trying to undercut Pederson is Pederson. Three players, who requested anonymity, said that it’s become well-known in the locker room that Schwartz is waiting to usurp power.

“He walks around the building like he thinks he’s the head coach,” one player said.
QUOTE (Zero @ Sep 9 2017, 07:52 PM) *
Linc ...

nephillymike
QUOTE (Joegrane @ Sep 10 2017, 08:43 PM) *
J Peters said in his post game interview, "We had to get this win for Doug."

Clearly a coach who has the support of his future HoF OT is in a good position in the locker room. All of the talk about Pedey this past week had be a bit nervous; however, after the Peters comment, I'm not concerned.

I think the Gatorade bath at the end had something to do with it.

I'd be curious to know how many defensive guys were in on it. Hopefully a few.
samaroo
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Sep 11 2017, 11:59 AM) *

I'm pretty sure I saw Grugier-Hill in on the bath.
Zero
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Sep 10 2017, 10:59 PM) *

I want Pederson to succeed because he's the HC of the Eagles. I want to be wrong about thinking he's not a HC. If Schwartz is pining for the job, I don't like that or him for doing it. It may also be that Pederson isn't acting like what people think a HC should act like and Schwartz is. It may not be a coup attempt, it may just be recognition of who the Alpha dog is and the guys who like Pederson are showing support for the nice guy who isn't the Alpha.
Zero
I just know the way that Doug outlined the job to me. And it had nothing to do with anything but having my personality and he embraced that. You know, look, I can be brash. Check. I can be in your face. Check. It’s the only way I know to coach defense. As long as Coach Pederson is fine with it, I’m going to continue that. And he is.
Denial ...
nephillymike
QUOTE (Zero @ Sep 13 2017, 05:00 AM) *
Denial ...

Schwartz did an excellent job addressing it, I thought.

He's either a really good liar or he was sincere.

I choose to believe the latter.
Joegrane
well said.

The other possibility is he is being a good soldier. I can imagine Lurie & Company wanting to nip this in the bud.

It is not good for Schwartz's reputation either.
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Sep 13 2017, 05:19 AM) *
Schwartz did an excellent job addressing it, I thought.

He's either a really good liar or he was sincere.

I choose to believe the latter.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.