Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pumphrey has shown nothing
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
Not one make them miss move all preseason. No speed, no power, no quickness, suspect return hands.

I think Howie has to bite the bullet and cut ties.

You look at the RB McGuire from the Jets. Picked 56 picks after Pumphrey and he comes in and shows some moves.

PS him and take the risk that someone else sees something in his pro preseason that nobody else has.

Joegrane
I agree, well said. The play where a DB got into the back field and landed a big hit on him sealed it for me. That should never happen to a guy who's game is making people miss.

In the previous game he looked good in the passing game when 1 on 1 with a LB.

In this game he had the one good punt return.

I bet they will hope to add Pumphrey and WR Gibson to the PS.

They apparently made their decision about the final DE after the contract extension.

they seem to have a difficult decision at DT. They have two very different players. I bet they will try to get Qualls onto the PS. He is not a good fit for many defensive systems. He is a good fit for Schwartz's attacking system.

QUOTE (nephillymike @ Aug 31 2017, 07:45 PM) *
Not one make them miss move all preseason. No speed, no power, no quickness, suspect return hands.

You look at the RB McGuire from the Jets. Picked 56 picks after Pumphrey and he comes in and shows some moves.

PS him and take the risk that someone else sees something in his pro preseason that nobody else has.

Reality Fan
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Aug 31 2017, 08:45 PM) *

and I think you are being kind to him...that kid looked like a beer league softball player trying his hand in the major leagues.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Aug 31 2017, 11:03 PM) *
and I think you are being kind to him...that kid looked like a beer league softball player trying his hand in the major leagues.

It is amazing how none of his college skills on tape translate.

Howie and Joe will show me something if they cut him.

There is no way he deserves to be on the 53 based on his performance. At the end of the day, you need to be able to have your team know that you are fair and put the best product out there.

Barnett, Jones, Douglas, Hollins, Gerry and Qualls all look like they belong.

If you struck out on Gibson and Pumphrey, so be it. Six of Eight is a good batting average. Cut ties and move on.

Even Gibson showed SOMETHING last night.

If you feel you owe him a shot, put him on the PS.

JeeQ
If Pumphrey makes the team and Byron Marshall doesn't I will question this organization
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.