Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Veteran CB Joe Haden Released by Browns!
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Joegrane
The former Pro Bowl CB was set to make $11 mil this year but PFF had his 2016 performance rated roughly the same as our Mills!

Furthermore he has been injured quite often.

He is only 28 yrs old but maybe he'll benefit from the remnant of Chip's sports science program.

I bet he'd benefit from being with a playoff contender.

Eagles are something like 12$mil under the cap after releasing CB Ron Brooks.

I bet Howie is making a play for Haden since they are trying to win this year.

However I bet someone offers Haden a multi-year deal. He knows he only has one year here due to the young CBs.

If the team offering a multi-year deal is not a playoff contender, maybe he comes here feeling that he'll put the Eagles into the playoffs, something that he may not have experienced in his career.

I would over-pay him for one year even assuming he'll be dinged up at times and they'll have to rely on Mills, etc for a number of games. He might not even be ready to play in Game 1.

ESPN is saying the Cowboys are a good fit but Steelers are the most likely to land him.
Eyrie
And it was the Steelers that got him.

Wasn't a free agent for very long.
Zero
97.5 interviewed a sports writer from Cleveland this morning who said that Haden had not only lost a step, but was ineffective as a press, man-to-man corner and is now an average zone corner. From what I understand, that kind of player would be incompatible with this defense. They were saying he reminded them of Nnamdi.

If this is true it was a good non-move.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.