Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hoskins deserves a thread
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
mcnabbulous
This is unreal. 11 in his first 18 games. No one had previously hit 10 in their first 20. The future really does seem bright with the likes of him, Williams, Alfaro, Crawford and Kingery.
Birdwatcher
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Aug 27 2017, 05:19 PM) *
This is unreal. 11 in his first 18 games. No one had previously hit 10 in their first 20. The future really does seem bright with the likes of him, Williams, Alfaro, Crawford and Kingery.

It is actually more impressive considering he didn't get a hit until his fourth game? or was it the fifth? Never seen a tear like this even from some of the known sluggers, anyone have any stats about HR streaks like this?
nephillymike
He's been unreal.

Seems like a level headed kid too.
The Franchise
If he only hit one on the 22nd he'd currently be tied for the most consecutive games with a HR in MLB history. He'd be in pretty good company.

He's currently at 4 games in a row. Even DraftKings is showing him respect, his salary tomorrow is $4,700, 10th of all outfielders and 4th of all 1st basemen.

As for the future, seeing is believing. I'm still reeling from Vance Worley and Domonic Brown dropping off the face of the earth after showing promise.
Birdman420
I was there last night(saturday) and it was a home run derby into the bullpen area all night.
Joegrane
Some high praise from an opposing coach including:

“I don’t think I’ve ever seen a young guy look that profound at home plate,” Cubs manager Joe Maddon said. “Look at his walks to strikeouts. That’s the part that tells me he can sustain — not necessarily this pace — but he can sustain it because he doesn’t strike out. He will accept his walks. He doesn’t expand the strike zone. He uses the whole field. He’s a big guy with short movements to the ball. Pretty impressive.”
http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/philli...n-20170827.html

Can anyone show a copy of those comments to M. Franco? : (

We just have to hope he has not been shopping for performance enhancing supplements with Lane Johnson.

QUOTE (nephillymike @ Aug 27 2017, 05:55 PM) *
He's been unreal.

Seems like a level headed kid too.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Birdwatcher @ Aug 27 2017, 05:15 PM) *
It is actually more impressive considering he didn't get a hit until his fourth game

Good call.
mcnabbulous
Bump
The Franchise
I was just about to bump this.

He's played in 100+ less games than Joseph and Franco, and in all likelihood will end up as the Phillies home run leader this year. Half his hits go out of the park.

And who was the last one off? Vance Worley of course. Putting Hoskins on your draft kings team today was an easy call.
nephillymike
I wonder what the record is for HRs from the day he started through the end of the year.

Not by a rookie, but by anyone.
The Franchise
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Sep 14 2017, 08:55 PM) *
I wonder what the record is for HRs from the day he started through the end of the year.

Not by a rookie, but by anyone.

He started August 10th, and didn't hit one for a few games. Stanton just tied the record for home runs in August with 18, and doesn't look to be slowing down much.

It's exciting to watch, I'm just waiting to see what kind of sophomore year he has.
CT_Eagle
It has been a blast watching him this past month. It kind of rekindled my interest in the Phillies.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.