Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rewatched the 19 plays of the 1st team offense
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
1st drive
1. Wentz inc pass to Jeffrey. Dbl coverage and Wentz threw it away high. He didn't look for a second option
2. Blount behind Seumalo no where to run, 2 yd gain
3. Wentz 50 yd TD pass to Smith. Blown coverage, nice pass
==========================
2nd drive
1. Wentz to Ertz 14 yds. Pass off target but exc catch by Ertz
2. Smallwood between Johnson and Brooks for 9 yards
3. Wentz stumbles, gets his balance and throws cross field to Ertz for 18 yards. Kelce was pushed back and stepped on Wentz foot.
4. Wentz hurried and throws at feet to avoid sack. Wake came in unblocked. Uncertain who blew their assignment.
5. Smallwood off Peters for 6 yds. Could have went for more if Smallwood was more patient.
6. Wentz sacked. Smallwood got pummeled in pass protection.
=========================
3rd drive
1. Wentz pass tipped at line and Miami INT it. Johnson got bull rushed into Wentz and caused the tip.
4th drive
1. Blount runs for 2 yds. Seumalo misses cross block.
2. Smallwood between Peters and Seumalo for 5 yds. Add 15 yd face mask penalty.
3. Wentz almost INT at line again. Corner blitz, Brooks missed the block
4. Smallwood between Peters and Seumalo and cutback towards Kelce for 10 yds
5. Wentz slant to Jeffrey for 20 yards. Sub par pass that Jeffrey made a great catch on.
6. Blount no gain. Kelce got blown up.
7. Wentz to Ertz for 13 yards. Wentz threw way behind, but Ertz made great catch.
8. Blount between Kelce and Seumalo for 14 yards
9. Wentz to Jefferey on slant for 15 yd TD. Nice pump fake to open it up.
============================
Eagles 1st team leaves field in early 2nd qtr, down 21-14 for a well deserved rest
rolleyes.gif
Wentz was sacked once, 2 TD'S, intercepted once should have been twice, got hit a few other times. You saw how his WR made excellent catches on balls off target. Finished 6-10, 129 yards.

Blount 4 runs for 19 yds. Had one 15 yard run and three below par runs of 2,2 and 0 yards.

Smallwood ran it 4 x for 28 yards for a nice 7.0 yds per carry.

Overall, aside from Wentz getting hit repeatedly, it looked better than it did live. Not take an early night off good, but not a catastrophe. Didn't watch the D, but 21 points in a quarter and a few minutes was not good enough at all.

Our subs pulled out the win.

Pila
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Aug 27 2017, 02:27 AM) *
1st drive
1. Wentz inc pass to Jeffrey. Dbl coverage and Wentz threw it away high. He didn't look for a second option
2. Blount behind Seumalo no where to run, 2 yd gain
3. Wentz 50 yd TD pass to Smith. Blown coverage, nice pass
==========================
2nd drive
1. Wentz to Ertz 14 yds. Pass off target but exc catch by Ertz
2. Smallwood between Johnson and Brooks for 9 yards
3. Wentz stumbles, gets his balance and throws cross field to Ertz for 18 yards. Kelce was pushed back and stepped on Wentz foot.
4. Wentz hurried and throws at feet to avoid sack. Wake came in unblocked. Uncertain who blew their assignment.
5. Smallwood off Peters for 6 yds. Could have went for more if Smallwood was more patient.
6. Wentz sacked. Smallwood got pummeled in pass protection.
3rd drive
1. Wentz pass tipped at line and Miami INT it. Johnson got bull rushed into Wentz and caused the tip.
4th drive
1. Blount runs for 2 yds. Seumalo misses cross block.
2. Smallwood between Peters and Seumalo for 5 yds. Add 15 yd face mask penalty.
3. Wentz almost INT at line again. Corner blitz, Brooks missed the block
4. Smallwood between Peters and Seumalo and cutback towards Kelce for 10 yds
5. Wentz slant to Jeffrey for 20 yards. Sub par pass that Jeffrey made a great catch on.
6. Blount no gain. Kelce got blown up.
7. Wentz to Ertz for 13 yards. Wentz threw way behind, but Ertz made great catch.
8. Blount between Kelce and Seumalo for 14 yards
9. Wentz to Jefferey on slant for 15 yd TD. Nice pump fake to open it up.
============================
Eagles 1st team leaves field in early 2nd qtr, down 21-14 for a well deserved rest
rolleyes.gif
Wentz was sacked once, 2 TD'S, intercepted once should have been twice, got hit a few other times. You saw how his WR made excellent catches on balls off target. Finished 6-10, 129 yards.

Blount 4 runs for 19 yds. Had one 15 yard run and three below par runs of 2,2 and 0 yards.

Smallwood ran it 4 x for 28 yards for a nice 7.0 yds per carry.

Overall, aside from Wentz getting hit repeatedly, it looked better than it did live. Not take an early night off good, but not a catastrophe. Didn't watch the D, but 21 points in a quarter and a few minutes was not good enough at all.

Our subs pulled out the win.

Thanks for the work.

Im a bit concerned that the only time the offense appears to get going is in the no-huddle, which looks good, but that efficiency is warped by the mere fact that defenses simply don't plan for the no-huddle in preseason. Its success could be a mirage.

That has been eating at me. I think I better get a dog. Medium size, though. Not at bear sizes yet, but I'm worried. But then I'm reminded that we have the great Agholor and my anxiety subsides a bit.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Pila @ Aug 28 2017, 05:01 PM) *
Thanks for the work.

Im a bit concerned that the only time the offense appears to get going is in the no-huddle, which looks good, but that efficiency is warped by the mere fact that defenses simply don't plan for the no-huddle in preseason. Its success could be a mirage.

That has been eating at me. I think I better get a dog. Medium size, though. Not at bear sizes yet, but I'm worried. But then I'm reminded that we have the great Agholor and my anxiety subsides a bit.

Thanks.

I hear you about the hurry up. They do look good in it.

My worry is the OL getting Wentz hit and hurried and he's been great getting out of harms way. Extrapolate the hits he took and he doesn't last three games before injury. Those yards were on Wentz. The OL gave him shitty protection. THAT is why I keep the OL in there, even if I sit Wentz.

If you are counting on Agholar, you better get a Great Dane!

Give me your best guess on yards receiving for Agholar this year.
Pila
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Aug 29 2017, 12:20 AM) *
Thanks.

My worry is the OL getting Wentz hit and hurried and he's been great getting out of harms way. Extrapolate the hits he took and he doesn't last three games before injury. Those yards were on Wentz. The OL gave him shitty protection. THAT is why I keep the OL in there, even if I sit Wentz.

I've put a lot of thought into this, studied similar situations in history and everything is pointing at this being the time a receiver breaks 200 receptions for 4-thousand yards and a conservative estimate of 26TDs. According to those numbers, Agholor will be the only player to be inducted to the HOF while still active in the NFL.

In fact, I predict he'll the only person in history to be honored with the Medal of Honor without actually serving.

I don't know if you've been keeping score but I've never been wrong.
nephillymike
biggrin.gif
QUOTE (Pila @ Aug 28 2017, 06:34 PM) *
I've put a lot of thought into this, studied similar situations in history and everything is pointing at this being the time a receiver breaks 200 receptions for 4-thousand yards and a conservative estimate of 26TDs. According to those numbers, Agholor will be the only player to be inducted to the HOF while still active in the NFL.

In fact, I predict he'll the only person in history to be honored with the Medal of Honor without actually serving.

I don't know if you've been keeping score but I've never been wrong.

biggrin.gif
Birdman420
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Aug 28 2017, 07:20 PM) *
Thanks.

Yeah but sit Peters as well because from what i saw you wrote, he's still the same reliable monster on the left side.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Birdman420 @ Aug 28 2017, 07:32 PM) *
Yeah but sit Peters as well because from what i saw you wrote, he's still the same reliable monster on the left side.

I would have been ok with that.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.