Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Eagles Defense is back!
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Birdman420
Wow guys,

A lot of talk but nothing about the defense this year. Thought I would start an official defense topic to get the ball rolling.

I think this defense looks great, It's giving me feelings of the Trotter/Dawkins era again and I'm going to be excited to watch every game even if the offense is a dud.

FWIW- Mayock predicts that it will be a top 10 defense this year and noted that since schwartz arrived that unit has risen from the ashes.
The Franchise
There's no reason we can't hang with anyone in the NFC this year, if we stay healthy and don't get Wentz killed.
Eyrie
I think you've got more faith in our CBs than I have.

And I can't find any reason for that faith.
Rick
I've said it before, I'll say it again...it's PRESEASON...can't get too excited--or pissed--at anything you see. Cautiously-optimistic about the D Line is how I feel but we'll see what happens when they start playing for real.
CT_Eagle
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Aug 26 2017, 10:52 AM) *

That was my first reaction to the post as well. Darby struggled vs Miami. It is only one game but I don't get the comparison to those great J. Johnson defenses at this point. time will tell.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (CT_Eagle @ Aug 26 2017, 08:52 AM) *
That was my first reaction to the post as well. Darby struggled vs Miami. It is only one game but I don't get the comparison to those great J. Johnson defenses at this point. time will tell.

Very much agreed. Darby was terrible last year and that may be because he was in a zone scheme but he has a a lot of things to clean up. There is no one on the team that had a double digit sack year last year. Hicks and Cox are really the only guys who have been flat out studs. Graham did well last year but his numbers were not staggering. Much of the hype is built on expectation and potential. Never a good thing.
Pila
Darby is still a very young player. His athleticism will carry him until he refines technique and timing. The capacity to be an elite player is there.
Birdman420
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Aug 26 2017, 06:52 AM) *

Well by definition there is no reasoning to have faith in the first place.

I'm more then satisfied with the body of work I've seen from him and I guess I'm projecting what I've seen and adding on the natural progression of getting better then what I've seen.
Eyrie
QUOTE (Birdman420 @ Aug 27 2017, 04:49 PM) *
Well by definition there is no reasoning to have faith in the first place.

I'm more then satisfied with the body of work I've seen from him and I guess I'm projecting what I've seen and adding on the natural progression of getting better then what I've seen.

A fair definition cool.gif

And we now have another body in the mix at CB.

All much of a muchness, with limited NFL playing time but plenty of potential. Hopefully a couple will come good.
Birdman420
Anyone have any insight on how Schwartz is doing in our organization?
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Pila @ Aug 26 2017, 02:35 PM) *
Darby is still a very young player. His athleticism will carry him until he refines technique and timing. The capacity to be an elite player is there.

Hey!!! You don't believe in faith...no backtracking...lol
Pila
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Aug 29 2017, 03:20 PM) *
Hey!!! You don't believe in faith...no backtracking...lol

You confuse faith with presumption. Ha!
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Pila @ Aug 29 2017, 11:48 AM) *
You confuse faith with presumption. Ha!

Good point....my dictionary was stolen!! laugh.gif
Pila
QUOTE (Birdman420 @ Aug 29 2017, 01:35 AM) *
Anyone have any insight on how Schwartz is doing in our organization?

Yes, they are very happy to be with The Schwartz!

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.