Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pussy Move by a pussy coach
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
Pulling the starters a few minutes into the second quarter.

If he's scared, get a dog.

Otherwise quit coaching.

The offense didn't earn an early exit.

Keep on setting that bar lower Doug.

I am embarrassed.
Birdman420
Not sold on Pedy either, but that's a bit harsh no?
nephillymike
You need to demand excellence and by letting a porous offensive line get off the field, you develop a culture of tolerance for failure.

That type of attitude pemits a lack of urgency.

A lack of urgency breeds complacent underachievement..

Not a good look.
Birdman420
I get that under normal circumstances, but this is pre-season and every coach yanks their squads early in fear of injury. I don't see a reason not to pull ours also.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Birdman420 @ Aug 24 2017, 09:22 PM) *
I get that under normal circumstances, but this is pre-season and every coach yanks their squads early in fear of injury. I don't see a reason not to pull ours also.

What was it, three min into the 2nd qtr?

That's unheard of around here.

Now, maybe if the offense played well, maybe you think about it late in the second.

Fact is, the OL was getting Wentz hit often, opening up holes seldom and can't even do basic things like using a punch move to keep DL hands down to prevent a tipped INT.

Hey Doug, ........ BOO!

He's the easy A teacher we all miss from high school.

The Franchise
I didn't see the game yet but Wentz connected with Jeffery and Smith for td's. What's the problem with pulling the starters after that?

Just saying, I have to watch the game later to comment.
Joegrane
It was a game with many big plays for both teams.

The Eagles O moved the ball on I think two drives. Overall the O did not look bad, although pass protection was an issue. Pedey said later that they did not game plan for some of the blitzes. I'm not sure how relevant that is.

Kendricks had an Int return for TD. It was on a tip by a DB.

There was a V Curry sighting--strip sack that Cox recovered.

R Darby deserves his own discussion.

QUOTE (The Franchise @ Aug 24 2017, 10:31 PM) *
I didn't see the game yet but Wentz connected with Jeffery and Smith for td's. What's the problem with pulling the starters after that?

Just saying, I have to watch the game later to comment.

Zero
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Aug 24 2017, 08:14 PM) *
Pulling the starters a few minutes into the second quarter.

If he's scared, get a dog.

Otherwise quit coaching.

The offense didn't earn an early exit.

Keep on setting that bar lower Doug.

I am embarrassed.

I don't think that teams normally have the intense practices before games that these teams had this week. That adds into the equation. Other than that, Pederson is the love-em-up coach and I've generally questioned that approach. He doesn't appear to have the intensity, the "Glare" that traditionally successful coaches have. I'm curious to see how this season plays out and if his style works in the new NFL. I guess I'm saying that maybe it's the way the players/league/society has gone vs. how it was that may be the difference.
Zero
And, we don't want a game of Let's Kill Our QB.

Carson Wentz has been under pressure on over 60% of his passing plays so far tonight
Rick
It's a PRESEASON game people! Why the heck do people take these games so seriously? I really don't get it. A preseason game is a glorified practice (more intense but still practice).

Lighten up Francis!
nephillymike
QUOTE (Zero @ Aug 25 2017, 04:09 AM) *
And, we don't want a game of Let's Kill Our QB.

Carson Wentz has been under pressure on over 60% of his passing plays so far tonight

Nice graphic.

So, when you practice for any sport and you can't get it right do you:

A. Keep going at it until you get it right
B. Pretend you are a success and stop the practice, forfeiting the chance to get it right until the games count
C. Make up some lame excuse about not game planning even though the other team didn't game plan either.
D. B and C, hoping that people don't care about what you did.

Seems like D works fine around here. Pedey would make one hell of an Olympic coach.

Soft and lame. Setting the bar that low will have an impact.

At a time the offense needed a public tongue lashing on the sideline by their coach, he patted them on the back pretending it was a job well done and giving his unit a well deserved early rest. The truth of the matter is that the OL sucked and should have been out there to correct those mistakes.

Lame!
Rick
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Aug 25 2017, 06:22 AM) *
Nice graphic.

So, when you practice for any sport and you can't get it right do you:

A. Keep going at it until you get it right
B. Pretend you are a success and stop the practice, forfeiting the chance to get it right until the games count
C. Make up some lame excuse about not game planning even though the other team didn't game plan either.
D. B and C, hoping that people don't care about what you did.

Seems like D works fine around here. Pedey would make one hell of an Olympic coach.

Soft and lame. Setting the bar that low will have an impact.

At a time the offense needed a public tongue lashing on the sideline by their coach, he patted them on the back pretending it was a job well done and giving his unit a well deserved early rest. The truth of the matter is that the OL sucked and should have been out there to correct those mistakes.

Lame!

I know you've been a football fan for many years like many of us. So you do understand how preseason in the NFL works right? They try to get enough reps in for the starters to get the gears greased and try NOT to get them hurt. The stats are meaningless. The performance is almost meaningless.

I really don't understand why people pay such close attention to preseason games. They are not an indicator of how a team will perform throughout the year (good or bad). You have no idea what they were doing, whether they were trying different things, looking at specific things, etc.

I'd rather NOT see starters get hurt. There is time for actual practice--where you have time to work out mistakes--between now and the regular season. During a game situation is not a good time to try and fix things...not during preseason anyway.
Pila
QUOTE (Rick @ Aug 25 2017, 01:55 PM) *
I know you've been a football fan for many years like many of us. So you do understand how preseason in the NFL works right? They try to get enough reps in for the starters to get the gears greased and try NOT to get them hurt. The stats are meaningless. The performance is almost meaningless.

I really don't understand why people pay such close attention to preseason games. They are not an indicator of how a team will perform throughout the year (good or bad). You have no idea what they were doing, whether they were trying different things, looking at specific things, etc.

I'd rather NOT see starters get hurt. There is time for actual practice--where you have time to work out mistakes--between now and the regular season. During a game situation is not a good time to try and fix things...not during preseason anyway.

Agreed. I understand that we're all starved for meaningful action, but primary concern is entering the season healthy, especially considering the lack of depth in some spots. Once coach is satisfied with what he saw, it seems prudent to take meaningless games as such and take the cautious road, even at the expense of our entertainment.

The synoptic complaint of this thread transparently smells strictly of knee-jerk disappointment for entertainment's sake. Understandable, but knee-jerk nonetheless.
mcnabbulous
I think Wentz reasonably was pulled and the OL should have stayed on the field until it looked like they had played football together.
D Rock
If Carson had gotten hurt, this would be a very different conversation today.
Birdman420
QUOTE (D Rock @ Aug 25 2017, 03:28 PM) *
If Carson had gotten hurt, this would be a very different conversation today.

Bingo, or any of our starters for that matter.
nephillymike
Carson seemed to have his game down as well as his run for his life routine behind a shitty line.

The OL and RB group needed to play into the 3rd qtr.

Play McGloin with the other starting OL and RB
Rick
QUOTE (Pila @ Aug 25 2017, 11:30 AM) *
Agreed. I understand that we're all starved for meaningful action, but primary concern is entering the season healthy, especially considering the lack of depth in some spots. Once coach is satisfied with what he saw, it seems prudent to take meaningless games as such and take the cautious road, even at the expense of our entertainment.

The synoptic complaint of this thread transparently smells strictly of knee-jerk disappointment for entertainment's sake. Understandable, but knee-jerk nonetheless.

Well-said....
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Pila @ Aug 25 2017, 11:30 AM) *

I am not even worthy to read your clips of genius....lol

Very well said.
nephillymike
Sadly, it wasn't said for entertainment purposes.

Disappointment would have been the team playing really well and them pulling them early.

Concern, the reason for my post, is them playing poorly and Pedey pulling them early.

If it was the former, you would have heard me say something like, damn, it sucks we won't see them until the opener.

My venom is born of a genuine concern for this team being unprepared and a coach who is seemingly showing too much unwarranted "love". Up until now, I have been more of a Pedey supporter than most.
mcnabbulous
Lane Johnson has looked like shit and should probably have played more. Get JP, Wentz, Alshon, Smith, and Blount out of there.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.