Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pumphrey
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
When he was drafted I remember quite a bit of frustration. A little guy who wouldn't be able to stand the rigors of the NFL. He was the 132nd pick of the draft by a team that had an obvious need for a RB. Why not either move up to take a Perine who was taken at 114 or use one of the #4s? The frustration morphed into excitement when we kept hearing he's be another Sproles and how versatile he would be. He did well in OTAs and not bad in camp but he looks totally overmatched in games.

Surprised?
Joegrane
No let the kid learn and bulk up for a year while being inactive on game day.

Next year they can decide if they will draft a feature RB or trade for Shady

I think smallwood will be their leading rusher this season.

QUOTE (Zero @ Aug 20 2017, 07:39 AM) *
When he was drafted I remember quite a bit of frustration. A little guy who wouldn't be able to stand the rigors of the NFL. He was the 132nd pick of the draft by a team that had an obvious need for a RB. Why not either move up to take a Perine who was taken at 114 or use one of the #4s? The frustration morphed into excitement when we kept hearing he's be another Sproles and how versatile he would be. He did well in OTAs and not bad in camp but he looks totally overmatched in games.

Surprised?

mcnabbulous
If we walk away from another loaded RB draft having our only RB upgrade be a trade for a 30 year old with 2000+ career carries, this franchise should be fired into the sun.
Pila
Im not sure he's overwhelmed so much as the OL had been underwhelming.

The Franchise
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Aug 20 2017, 11:09 AM) *
a 30 year old with 2000+ career carries

You're off by over 800 carries chief - but hey, at least you got his age right.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (The Franchise @ Aug 20 2017, 01:51 PM) *
You're off by over 800 carries chief - but hey, at least you got his age right.

I'm talking about Shady, dipshit. Try to keep up.
The Franchise
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Aug 20 2017, 04:30 PM) *
I'm talking about Shady, dipshit. Try to keep up.

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

another loaded RB draft having our only RB upgrade be a trade for a 30 year old with 2000+ career carries

2017 was a famous RB heavy draft. We upgraded at RB by signing Blount (in case you haven't noticed, Shady hasn't been here for 2 years). Besides that, Shady is also 29, and has 100 less than '2000+ career carries.' Wow, the things you beta cucks tell yourselves. I truly missed kicking you around last year before you ran away with your tail between your legs, it's great to have you back!

*BTW, just for fun, I looked up your thoughts on when Kelly got rid of Shady - not surprisingly, you praised the move and said Shady was done. Care to admit you were dead wrong about that, as always? Or are you going to respond that you were talking about DeMarco Murray? laugh.gif laugh.gif
nephillymike
He has been disappointing.

He hasn't made anyone miss.

He was drafted around where projected, but his production and film were much better than that. Perrine was rated higher, but no idea how he is doing.

Put him on the 53, practice squad Marshall and Clements for insurance.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (The Franchise @ Aug 20 2017, 04:03 PM) *
laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

2017 was a famous RB heavy draft. We upgraded at RB by signing Blount (in case you haven't noticed, Shady hasn't been here for 2 years). Besides that, Shady is also 29, and has 100 less than '2000+ career carries.' Wow, the things you beta cucks tell yourselves. I truly missed kicking you around last year before you ran away with your tail between your legs, it's great to have you back!

*BTW, just for fun, I looked up your thoughts on when Kelly got rid of Shady - not surprisingly, you praised the move and said Shady was done. Care to admit you were dead wrong about that, as always? Or are you going to respond that you were talking about DeMarco Murray? laugh.gif laugh.gif

Are you a fucking moron? Why don't you try reading a thread before banging away at your keyboard trying to sound intelligent.

My post was immediately following and in response to this:
QUOTE (Joegrane @ Aug 20 2017, 09:58 AM) *
Next year they can decide if they will draft a feature RB or trade for Shady

Next year, which is going to be another (a word I used previously and means "an additional thing of the same type) historically good RB class.

We "upgraded" after the historically good 2017 draft class by signing a used up 30 year old.

Shady, if traded for next year (as alluded to by Joegrane) would be 30 and have over 2000 carries, pending an injury this year.

And yeah, I was fine with trading Shady, who had two back-to-back poor seasons after Chip overworked him. Pretty amazing that Shady's three best seasons followed years where he had 207, 200, and 203 carries, respectively. It's almost like he's not cutout to have season after season of high carry totals. Who could have guessed it.
The Franchise
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Aug 20 2017, 04:40 PM) *
Are you a fucking moron? Why don't you try reading a thread before banging away at your keyboard trying to sound intelligent.

My post was immediately following and in response to this:

Next year, which is going to be another (a word I used previously and means "an additional thing of the same type) historically good RB class.

We "upgraded" after the historically good 2017 draft class by signing a used up 30 year old.

Shady, if traded for next year (as alluded to by Joegrane) would be 30 and have over 2000 carries, pending an injury this year.

And yeah, I was fine with trading Shady, who had two back-to-back poor seasons after Chip overworked him. Pretty amazing that Shady's three best seasons followed years where he had 207, 200, and 203 carries, respectively. It's almost like he's not cutout to have season after season of high carry totals. Who could have guessed it.

You can hit 'reply' to respond to other posters, in case you're new here. Your response was to OP. But a valiant effort, I'll give you that.
mcnabbulous
Don't sweat it, dude. If this dipshit president has taught us nothing, it's that there is nothing more "self-declared alpha" as being embarrassingly wrong online.

There is no one who could possibly read the previous sequence of posts and not think you're anything other than a complete fucking dipshit.
The Franchise
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Aug 20 2017, 05:21 PM) *
Don't sweat it, dude. If this dipshit president has taught us nothing, it's that there is nothing more "self-declared alpha" as being embarrassingly wrong online.

There is no one who could possibly read the previous sequence of posts and not think you're anything other than a complete fucking dipshit.

Reality Fan
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Aug 20 2017, 05:29 PM) *
He has been disappointing.

He hasn't made anyone miss.

He was drafted around where projected, but his production and film were much better than that. Perrine was rated higher, but no idea how he is doing.

Put him on the 53, practice squad Marshall and Clements for insurance.

I am suprised at his lack of burst. I thought he was supposed to be really quick but I don't see any of that.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Aug 20 2017, 05:40 PM) *

Actually his 3rd best year was after his best year where he rushed 314 times. (1319 yds in 2014 though I am sure you look at his YPC) That being said, I agree it would be tragic if they traded for him.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Aug 21 2017, 01:20 AM) *
Actually his 3rd best year was after his best year where he rushed 314 times. (1319 yds in 2014 though I am sure you look at his YPC) That being said, I agree it would be tragic if they traded for him.

You think his 2014 season was better than 2016? Just because he had a few more rushing yards? Or 2011, when he had 15 more total TDs?

I would argue that 2014 was actually his worst season, all things considered (ypc, TDs, receiving)
D Rock
Blount looks disinterested and done.
Joegrane
One writer said he looked good vs Dolphins. Hopefully he is just disinterested in training camp.

QUOTE (D Rock @ Aug 21 2017, 07:30 PM) *
Blount looks disinterested and done.

Reality Fan
I am still trying to figure out where Blount looked tired or disinterested. I went back and watched the game again. On his first run Lane Johnson got blown back into the backfield and Blount had to avoid a tackle as soon as he got the ball. On his second run he had to break a tackle as soon as he got the ball just to get a yard and on his 3rd run he got 3 up the middle with no hole. On his 4th run there was literally nowhere to go on a sweep, something Mike Mayock called out right after the play. On his first reception he had a terrific run after catch for a big gain. On his next carry he got 8 off tackle. Then he fumbled after his next catch...really his only bad play but he only has 46 receptions in 6 seasons for a reason.

The only thing looking tired or disinterested is the O line.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Aug 22 2017, 12:41 AM) *
I am still trying to figure out where Blount looked tired or disinterested. I went back and watched the game again. On his first run Lane Johnson got blown back into the backfield and Blount had to avoid a tackle as soon as he got the ball. On his second run he had to break a tackle as soon as he got the ball just to get a yard and on his 3rd run he got 3 up the middle with no hole. On his 4th run there was literally nowhere to go on a sweep, something Mike Mayock called out right after the play. On his first reception he had a terrific run after catch for a big gain. On his next carry he got 8 off tackle. Then he fumbled after his next catch...really his only bad play but he only has 46 receptions in 6 seasons for a reason.

The only thing looking tired or disinterested is the O line.

Now don't go muddying the waters by looking at game film.

We were on a roll........
nephillymike
https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2017/8/...y-football-news

Speculation gaining steam.
Zero
Wow, sports reporters apparently do similar things as political reporters do to attract clicks.

Thursday should tell us more, but our young HC seems to be either experimenting with camp approach or taking lessons from a CIA operative. Unless I'm mistaken, Blount, especially at 30, is a physical, downhill, power runner not an outside sweep kind of guy. Let's see what he and the OL do on Thursday before we get caught up in a meh reporter's attempt at getting readers.

Eliot Shorr-Parks was the guy who started all of this and it was based on a preseason game where Pederson said he was just trying to find out certain things. OTOH, everyone is saying that Smallwood is looking really good. Running with power, running decent routes and catching the ball well and doing a decent job in pass pro. If true, Blount doesn't have to be any more than a hammer, and he does that pretty well.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Zero @ Aug 22 2017, 08:14 AM) *
Wow, sports reporters apparently do similar things as political reporters do to attract clicks.

Thursday should tell us more, but our young HC seems to be either experimenting with camp approach or taking lessons from a CIA operative. Unless I'm mistaken, Blount, especially at 30, is a physical, downhill, power runner not an outside sweep kind of guy. Let's see what he and the OL do on Thursday before we get caught up in a meh reporter's attempt at getting readers.

Eliot Shorr-Parks was the guy who started all of this and it was based on a preseason game where Pederson said he was just trying to find out certain things. OTOH, everyone is saying that Smallwood is looking really good. Running with power, running decent routes and catching the ball well and doing a decent job in pass pro. If true, Blount doesn't have to be any more than a hammer, and he does that pretty well.

Absolutely agree....it is very much a "follow the leader" type thing. a week ago it was Smallwood who was on the outs because he has a real problem staying healthy which is why he has 0 carries this preseason.
The Franchise
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Aug 22 2017, 06:18 AM) *

I think it's a great sign for our team that this non-story is being 'speculated' on, it shows just how little concern we have overall. The guy scored 18 fucking td's last year, more than all of our receivers combined, and all of our backs combined. We're getting him dirt cheap. He still looks good on plays where our blockers do their job, and he isn't even meant to be an outside runner.

Unless he starts sitting down and jacking off during the national anthem, he's as much of a lock to make the roster as Wentz. Move on.
Reality Fan
and it seems like Doug put it to rest today at his presser
Zero
Although I didn’t see too much of Blount today it sounded like the pep in his step was back again for the second day in a row. From asking around NovaCare and also Doug Pederson comments praising Blount today, it sure seems like him not being on this team was a little overstated. He’s a vet, he knows what he has to do to get ready for the season. And as Pederson pointed out today, sometime these preseason games do a disservice to the player because they just want to see the play run. They aren’t game planning for Blount or anyone else to succeed. The big man will be here Week 1.
---->
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.