Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What do you want to see tonight?
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
Preseason #2. Healthy ending. Wentz connecting with Jeffery, Smith and Agholor. Agholor playing well. OL blocking well. Running game successful. Healthy ending.
Dreagon
Well, if Wentz has lost his favorite target, then what you want to see is him beginning to develop a rapport with that next guy...whoever that might be. It might be interesting to watch and see if you can see enough to predict who that guy might be in the upcoming season.
nephillymike
A hell of a lot more than what I saw in the first two offensive series!

Make that, first three series!
Birdwatcher
Not what I am watching, apart from Darby looking real good, Dougy's O is worrying me. He has the players, he needs to design better plays for them.
Zero
Clement looked good. Did the starters running woes reflect more on the OL or on Blount? The D was in the backfield, but Blount also looked slow.
CT_Eagle
That was a dumb time out by Pederson.
Birdwatcher
QUOTE (Zero @ Aug 17 2017, 08:34 PM) *
Clement looked good. Did the starters running woes reflect more on the OL or on Blount? The D was in the backfield, but Blount also looked slow.

With JP and Brooks still out, the shuffled line looks like crap. He better play the real starters for a half next week.
Joegrane
The frightening point is that you could expect Peters and someone else to be out for some games this season.

QUOTE (Birdwatcher @ Aug 17 2017, 07:49 PM) *
With JP and Brooks still out, the shuffled line looks like crap. He better play the real starters for a half next week.

Pila
Ground game looks pathetic. Is it simply a case where defenses aren't scared of Wentz and so play the run as a priority read? It might be a bit of that, I hope.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Pila @ Aug 18 2017, 12:36 PM) *
Ground game looks pathetic. Is it simply a case where defenses aren't scared of Wentz and so play the run as a priority read? It might be a bit of that, I hope.

No. The problem is that we are trying to run an old, tired ass RB to the outside with Zach Ertz setting the edge. It's a recipe for disaster.

Blount looks smoked. Why the hell do we keep signing old RBs?

The overthrows are a bit concerning for Wentz, but he's going to miss some of those. That's simply what he is. He definitely makes more than he misses, but he's not Brady from an accuracy standpoint.

The fact that he continuously looks good in the face of shitty OL play is all I really care about. His pocket presence is next level at this point.
Rick
I must say it always cracks me up when people start to freak about their team after watching a preseason game. Basically, NFL preseason games are glorified practices. Why everyone gets super-concerned over what happens is beyond me. Personally, I don't even really pay much attention to the preseason games because I know they basically mean nothing.

I get it, trying to get your football fix and all but, we--as Eagles fans--are very passionate. I learned long ago not to pay much attention to preseason games because I don't need the stress...especially over a game which means nothing.

Now, come September 10, I go right into frantic Eagles' Fan mode.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Rick @ Aug 18 2017, 02:52 PM) *
I must say it always cracks me up when people start to freak about their team after watching a preseason game. Basically, NFL preseason games are glorified practices. Why everyone gets super-concerned over what happens is beyond me. Personally, I don't even really pay much attention to the preseason games because I know they basically mean nothing.

I get it, trying to get your football fix and all but, we--as Eagles fans--are very passionate. I learned long ago not to pay much attention to preseason games because I don't need the stress...especially over a game which means nothing.

Now, come September 10, I go right into frantic Eagles' Fan mode.

This is the correct opinion. Blount still looks like shit though.
Rick
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Aug 18 2017, 04:58 PM) *
This is the correct opinion. Blount still looks like shit though.

I'll take everyone's word for it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.