Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How much has been Roseman?
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
Roseman regained football power last year when Kelly became the plop of a turd hitting the water. Roseman eluded the splash and went to work dumping most all of Kelly's mistakes/headaches in route to climbing almost to the top of the draft and getting a kid we hope will be our franchise QB for more than a decade. But he also seemed to sidestep temptation for ego like Wentz shedding a Clay Matthews sack when he hired a personnel guru named Joe Douglas. My question is, how much of this year's rebuilding has been Roseman, how much Douglas and how much has been joint effort?

Douglas doesn't seem to like the bright lights and he hasn't been mentioned in many of the moves. I didn't see his name at all in this Darby trade. But he's the evaluator, the man who is supposed to know talent and how to match a player's strengths with a system. We're seeing quite a bit of complimentary reports on late round and FA players. Picking up Darby looks to be a great fit of player strengths with system need.

Is it possible the Eagles have found a good mix of talent evaluation and acquisition chutzpah?
The Franchise
QUOTE (Zero @ Aug 16 2017, 08:24 PM) *
Douglas doesn't seem to like the bright lights and he hasn't been mentioned in many of the moves.

It looks like he knows how to keep his job under Howie. laugh.gif

It's impossible to know who is more responsible for this or that move, but I can't imagine being happier with this offseason. Massive upgrades at WR, RB, CB, while getting rid of Ryan Mathews? I want more of this.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.