Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Where are the weaknesses now?
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
The trade for Darby seems to fill THE major hole. He's not an interception machine, but he looks to otherwise be a perfect fit for Schwartz's scheme. Mills has looked pretty good so far, Jones is in the wings as a potential significant contributor for the future and there is some decent depth. CB doesn't seem to be the problem it was. Safety looks to be very good with Jenkins and McLeod having a year of working together and both Brooks and Graham playing well ... isn't Brooks injured again though?

There looks to be some pretty athletic and promising depth at LB behind Hicks and Bradham and Kendricks looks to have made his presence known. There's questions here, but not serious issues.

I'm a little worried about Jeffery, but his presence seems to have lighted a fire of competition in the WR group. Smith looks like he'll be a good #2, Agholor needs to prove himself but has looked good, and the depth is far better than we've seen recently ... at least what we see in camp. Both Ertz and Burton are playing well, Celek is declining but either of the two younger guys can step up we should be good there too.

Wentz looks like he's taking the next step and on his way to being the franchise QB. Not happy about Foles and there's not much behind him. OL looked bad Thursday but GB threw stuff at them that doesn't normally happen in the first preseason game. Jury is out but they look strong on paper. Not sure what happened to the running game, is Blount over the hill? Was it just the OL problem? Does Smallwood have injury concerns?

Will Sturges be a problem or will he be as consistent as he was last year? ST in general didn't do well Thursday, but we'll see how they rebound this week.

The team's not perfect, but they look to be pretty solid across the board. Where's the weaknesses that can't be found on most teams?
Pila
QUOTE (Zero @ Aug 15 2017, 11:30 AM) *
The trade for Darby seems to fill THE major hole. He's not an interception machine, but he looks to otherwise be a perfect fit for Schwartz's scheme. Mills has looked pretty good so far, Jones is in the wings as a potential significant contributor for the future and there is some decent depth. CB doesn't seem to be the problem it was. Safety looks to be very good with Jenkins and McLeod having a year of working together and both Brooks and Graham playing well ... isn't Brooks injured again though?

There looks to be some pretty athletic and promising depth at LB behind Hicks and Bradham and Kendricks looks to have made his presence known. There's questions here, but not serious issues.

I'm a little worried about Jeffery, but his presence seems to have lighted a fire of competition in the WR group. Smith looks like he'll be a good #2, Agholor needs to prove himself but has looked good, and the depth is far better than we've seen recently ... at least what we see in camp. Both Ertz and Burton are playing well, Celek is declining but either of the two younger guys can step up we should be good there too.

Wentz looks like he's taking the next step and on his way to being the franchise QB. Not happy about Foles and there's not much behind him. OL looked bad Thursday but GB threw stuff at them that doesn't normally happen in the first preseason game. Jury is out but they look strong on paper. Not sure what happened to the running game, is Blount over the hill? Was it just the OL problem? Does Smallwood have injury concerns?

Will Sturges be a problem or will he be as consistent as he was last year? ST in general didn't do well Thursday, but we'll see how they rebound this week.

The team's not perfect, but they look to be pretty solid across the board. Where's the weaknesses that can't be found on most teams?

Not sure it can be overstated just how much better the teams is with a legitimate corner.

Season couldn't start fast enough.
GroundedBird
I'm not entirely sold on the LBs, but my thoughts are:
* LB - still want a nasty hitter
* RB - would love a breakaway threat, not have to rely on Blount
* RT - is Vaitai really the answer?
mcnabbulous
Why is Vaitai relevant? What am I missing?
CT_Eagle
QUOTE (GroundedBird @ Aug 15 2017, 02:48 PM) *
I'm not entirely sold on the LBs, but my thoughts are:
* LB - still want a nasty hitter
* RB - would love a breakaway threat, not have to rely on Blount
* RT - is Vaitai really the answer?

Did I miss something? Where is Lane Johnson? That is your RT.
GroundedBird
QUOTE (CT_Eagle @ Aug 15 2017, 10:47 AM) *
Did I miss something? Where is Lane Johnson? That is your RT.

I meant that I'm not sure that Vaitai is the long term answer after Peters retires and Johnson has to move over. It would be nice to have the replacement process started. With Peters' bad back, you never know when if it will cause him to retire. It is a risk.
mcnabbulous
I think very few teams have 3 reliable OTs on their roster at any given time. Finding 2 is hard enough. Be thankful for what we have.
CT_Eagle
QUOTE (GroundedBird @ Aug 15 2017, 03:33 PM) *
I meant that I'm not sure that Vaitai is the long term answer after Peters retires and Johnson has to move over. It would be nice to have the replacement process started. With Peters' bad back, you never know when if it will cause him to retire. It is a risk.

That is a bit over the horizon right now. You are right though, it will have to be dealt with but I don't think it is worthy of any concern this season.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.