Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Eagles sign WR Keevan Lucas
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Eyrie
Three year deal for the new man, which implies that they don't have the confidence in the existing WRs that was being claimed.
Birdwatcher
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Aug 12 2017, 05:17 PM) *
Three year deal for the new man, which implies that they don't have the confidence in the existing WRs that was being claimed.

Really? An UDFA was brought in to add a WR for the balance of PS and a D player was cut to balance it back out. The years mean nothing, other than if he is something special we have him locked up, but I doubt it is for much and has no guarantees. I'll bet he is an early cut.
Eyrie
QUOTE (Birdwatcher @ Aug 13 2017, 02:55 AM) *
Really? An UDFA was brought in to add a WR for the balance of PS and a D player was cut to balance it back out. The years mean nothing, other than if he is something special we have him locked up, but I doubt it is for much and has no guarantees. I'll bet he is an early cut.

Then why give him a three year deal? He's still a UDFA despite the fact that training camp is already underway. A one year deal would be fine, as there's no reason to expect that he will turn out to be a stud worthy of a longer deal.

I'd be surprised if Lucas makes the roster, but my original point about a lack of confidence in the WRs remains valid.
Zero
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Aug 13 2017, 05:12 AM) *
... but my original point about a lack of confidence in the WRs remains valid.

I don't agree. The WRs have performed much better than expected throughout OTAs and camp and the fact that they traded away their most consistent performer from last year and camp would indicate that they think they've got the right guys. With them backing off of Jeffery and Smith slightly dinged they needed a WR to fill the reps. The kid sounds like a camp body, nothing more.
Birdwatcher
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Aug 13 2017, 05:12 AM) *
Then why give him a three year deal? He's still a UDFA despite the fact that training camp is already underway. A one year deal would be fine, as there's no reason to expect that he will turn out to be a stud worthy of a longer deal.

I'd be surprised if Lucas makes the roster, but my original point about a lack of confidence in the WRs remains valid.

Again, length of contract means NOTHING if it isn't guaranteed. The kid did have some decent stats in college, so there is a chance he could be productive. I just think you are reading far too much into it. Camp body with a chance to hang on if he really shines, but no more.
The Franchise
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Aug 12 2017, 04:17 PM) *

That's ridiculous. He likely has little or no guaranteed money, and why wouldn't they bring in a few WR's to compete for roster spots? If he makes it great. More likely he won't.

For more perspective, the Saints signed Adrian Peterson to share carries with Mark Ingram, a couple days before drafting Kamara in the 3rd. And they still brought a couple more RB's to camp. That's how the NFL works buddy.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.