Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Was it me or was GB blitz crazy on Thursday night?
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Birdwatcher
I remember when no DC would tip his hand about blitz packages during PS games, and I think that is one reason the OL looked so bad. On the positive side, it provided us with plenty of film to study those blitzes. I'm not saying it was the only issue with the OL, but it had something to do with it. I think GB made a mistake, providing plenty of examples of how they will blitz and giving opposing DCs film to use against them. I don't remember a single blitz from our side. I am not complaining about what GB did, I just think it was foolish to reveal their blitz packages before the regular season.
mcnabbulous
I also thought it was strange
nephillymike
by people in the business, it was bad form.

Some went as far to say that Capers had a bone to pick with someone on the Eagles for him to do that.

By doing all of those blitzes, everyone knows it would make it virtually impossible for the opposing offense to grade their players since thy don't practice for that in game 1 of the PS.

Dickhead move
CT_Eagle
It is odd for pre-season but it is a sign of things to come.

You always blitz the young QB until he proves he can make you pay for it. Until Wentz gets to that level, we will see more than the average number of blitzes.
Reality Fan
The difference is that when you game plan for it you are ready for those blitz packages. It was ridiculous when I watched it a 2nd time.
Birdwatcher
QUOTE (CT_Eagle @ Aug 12 2017, 03:38 PM) *
It is odd for pre-season but it is a sign of things to come.

You always blitz the young QB until he proves he can make you pay for it. Until Wentz gets to that level, we will see more than the average number of blitzes.

Uh, Wentz won that duel on his only drive, blitzing the rest of the game was ridiculous
CT_Eagle
QUOTE (Birdwatcher @ Aug 13 2017, 02:33 AM) *
Uh, Wentz won that duel on his only drive, blitzing the rest of the game was ridiculous

Uh, obviously he is going to have to beat the blitz regularly before DCs around the league dial it back a bit. Scoring a TD in the opening drive of the 1st preseason game is not going to be enough to sway the DCs.
Birdwatcher
QUOTE (CT_Eagle @ Aug 12 2017, 09:36 PM) *
Uh, obviously he is going to have to beat the blitz regularly before DCs around the league dial it back a bit. Scoring a TD in the opening drive of the 1st preseason game is not going to be enough to sway the DCs.

From what I saw, the kid is as slippery as 5 was back in the day, and I think he will make Ds pay for sell out blitzes. Put some real weapons on the field with him and this will be fun to watch. He didn't play much, but he looked sharp, even under constant duress.
Zero
QUOTE (Birdwatcher @ Aug 12 2017, 09:40 PM) *
From what I saw, the kid is as slippery as 5 was back in the day, and I think he will make Ds pay for sell out blitzes. Put some real weapons on the field with him and this will be fun to watch. He didn't play much, but he looked sharp, even under constant duress.

Yep, Wentz wasn't the problem, the OL was. They probably didn't prepare for that and got embarassed. Wentz stepping out of Matthews' tackle and connecting with Mack was pretty.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.