Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dutch Daulton Struggling with Cancer
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
After a few years of remission, he is battling for his life.

It doesn't look good.

Keep him in your prayers.

A great captain.
Reality Fan
Schilling was talking about him tonight.....said he was the greatest leader he has ever been around.

He was the reason for one of the best summers of my life....that 93 run was incredible and I listened to every game commuting home from Harrisburg.
The Franchise
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Aug 1 2017, 11:10 PM) *
Schilling was talking about him tonight.....said he was the greatest leader he has ever been around.

He was the reason for one of the best summers of my life....that 93 run was incredible and I listened to every game commuting home from Harrisburg.

Amen to that. I'm not an old timer like you guys, the '93 team was pretty much the only competitive Phillies team I saw until I was in my 20's.

Hope Dutch pulls through.
Zero
The back page of the Daily News had this photo, captioned "Who's Ugly Now?" It's hanging on my wall with ticket stubs from just behind first base.

A seat on the NAg bandwagon for the first who can identify the player in the picture.
samaroo
Danny Jackson, right? I was gonna guess Mitch "Wild Thing" Williams til I saw the letters on the jersey. I think I remember that picture? I'm pretty sure my dad had that paper hanging in the garage.
Zero
QUOTE (samaroo @ Aug 2 2017, 09:48 AM) *
Danny Jackson, right? I was gonna guess Mitch "Wild Thing" Williams til I saw the letters on the jersey. I think I remember that picture? I'm pretty sure my dad had that paper hanging in the garage.

Danny Jackson is correctamundo! You win a seat on the bandwagon! Welcome aboard!
The Franchise
QUOTE (samaroo @ Aug 2 2017, 08:48 AM) *
I was gonna guess Mitch "Wild Thing" Williams til I saw the letters on the jersey.

Seriously? Did you happen to actually watch a Phillies game in the early 90's?
Birdman420
Nolan Ryan and Curt Schilling were my favorite players of all time. I loved that team but I may be a bit young to remember jackson.

I remember:

Darren Daulton
John Kruk
Curt Schilling
Mitch williams
Lenny Dykstra( Btw you guys should listen to him on howard stern, its sickening how gross he is)
Micky Morandini

for the life of me, I can't name any outfielders from that era, I know im missing some big names on my list but those were what i could dig up.
The Franchise
QUOTE (Birdman420 @ Aug 2 2017, 07:30 PM) *
Nolan Ryan and Curt Schilling were my favorite players of all time. I loved that team but I may be a bit young to remember jackson.

I remember:

Darren Daulton
John Kruk
Curt Schilling
Mitch williams
Lenny Dykstra( Btw you guys should listen to him on howard stern, its sickening how gross he is)
Micky Morandini

for the life of me, I can't name any outfielders from that era, I know im missing some big names on my list but those were what i could dig up.

For the hell of it, I wrote down as many '93 Phillies as I could - 25 of them, including 2 that weren't around come playoff time (Davis, Bell). One of the 'major' ones I missed? That dipshit Ruben Amaro Jr., who we all wish we could erase from our memories forever.
Reality Fan
My girlfriend was at a charity auction and got me an autographed Eisy picture......he was one of my favorite Phillies. Always wondered how he got along with the rough bunch but he seemed to be a stabilizing force.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Aug 3 2017, 09:15 AM) *
My girlfriend was at a charity auction and got me an autographed Eisy picture......he was one of my favorite Phillies. Always wondered how he got along with the rough bunch but he seemed to be a stabilizing force.

They loved Eisy.

It's funny how a guy like him with terretts (sp) can get along so well with that unforgiving crew.

He was a very good hitter and a solid player. I was a fan of his.
samaroo
QUOTE (The Franchise @ Aug 3 2017, 12:30 AM) *
Seriously? Did you happen to actually watch a Phillies game in the early 90's?

I don't follow baseball very regularly, unless the Phillies are in the playoffs. I couldn't pick out Mitch Williams if he was sitting on my lap, most of those guys are just names I remember.

I do own one baseball jersey, however, a powder blue Mike Schmidt that is a cherished possession of mine. Him and Utley (and Charlie Hustle to a lesser extent) transcend baseball's "meh" factor and are two of my favorite athletes.
Zero
QUOTE (samaroo @ Aug 3 2017, 10:41 PM) *
I don't follow baseball very regularly, unless the Phillies are in the playoffs. I couldn't pick out Mitch Williams if he was sitting on my lap, most of those guys are just names I remember.

I do own one baseball jersey, however, a powder blue Mike Schmidt that is a cherished possession of mine. Him and Utley (and Charlie Hustle to a lesser extent) transcend baseball's "meh" factor and are two of my favorite athletes.
Well, Charlie Hustle ain't such a rose any more.
samaroo
Yeah, I just read that the other night. Terrible, but also not different from what was already known. Obviously, he's not a great guy, but I didn't know that when I was a kid.
nephillymike
https://mobile.twitter.com/Phillies/status/...Ctwgr%5EtweetIf

Darren passed away today.

RIP captain.
Zero
RIP, Dutch.
The Franchise
RIP Dutch.
Reality Fan
Heard a great Dutch story on the radio this evening.....He used to hand out in a bar near his home in Media if I recall the story correctly and was usually surrounded by women so this guy sees him there and wants to say hello. The guy had just gotten a cast of a hand he had broken. He goes over and introduces himself and Dutch, ever the gentleman, says hi and shakes his hand......and rebreaks it with his grip. The guy had literally just gotten the cast off. The guy was still happy telling the story.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.