Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What could go wrong?
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
On paper, this team has all the ingredients for us to be very optimistic ... very optimistic has little limits.

Wentz is having a very good preseason and actually has solid receivers to actually catch the passes he throws. The OL looks to be very good and very deep. They have what looks like a viable running game and a power back who should make defenses honor the run. The defense seems solid with questions at CB and depth at LB and DB.

So, besides the I-word, what can go wrong that will derail the Optimystics ruling the world?
nephillymike
QUOTE (Zero @ Jul 30 2017, 06:56 AM) *
On paper, this team has all the ingredients for us to be very optimistic ... very optimistic has little limits.

Wentz is having a very good preseason and actually has solid receivers to actually catch the passes he throws. The OL looks to be very good and very deep. They have what looks like a viable running game and a power back who should make defenses honor the run. The defense seems solid with questions at CB and depth at LB and DB.

So, besides the I-word, what can go wrong that will derail the Optimystics ruling the world?

Did you REALLY just tempt the football gods with this question?

How many years did you get the answer to this very question?

Z, I love you man, but go figure out some penance to calm down the football gods.

Please, before it's too late!
Eyrie
Never mind THAT question, what about the green coloured specs?

We have no proven CBs, no proven depth on the OL, are thin at S, LB and DT, and have yet to see the WRs or RBs in a game situation. Throw in a HC who's still learning to play call on top of everything else with a QB who could have a sophomore slump and opponents having had an entire offseason to picks holes in our defensive scheme. Factor in that the NFC East is the most competitive division in football.

There are plenty of ways to derail Opti Mystic!
nephillymike
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Jul 30 2017, 01:16 PM) *
Never mind THAT question, what about the green coloured specs?

We have no proven CBs, no proven depth on the OL, are thin at S, LB and DT, and have yet to see the WRs or RBs in a game situation. Throw in a HC who's still learning to play call on top of everything else with a QB who could have a sophomore slump and opponents having had an entire offseason to picks holes in our defensive scheme. Factor in that the NFC East is the most competitive division in football.

There are plenty of ways to derail Opti Mystic!

Damn Eyrie, there's a lot in there for the Axis to like.

True about the CB.

I think our OL depth is a strength. WR's looking good.

We have good DT depth. Curry can move inside at times.

The vast majority of QB do not have 2nd year slumps, but the vast majority don't improve that much.

Agree on S and LB, but Goode and Walkervhave looked good.

True about a Pedey.

Overall, I feel more "optimistic" today then four months ago.

I'm liking my OVER 8 wins bet more and more.

The Franchise
There's no reason this team can't win 10+ games and contend for the NFC title. I've said it before, I'll say it again, and I'll be saying it throughout the season after every game, whether good or bad.....gameday coaching.
Pila
QUOTE (The Franchise @ Jul 30 2017, 11:21 PM) *
There's no reason this team can't win 10+ games and contend for the NFC title. I've said it before, I'll say it again, and I'll be saying it throughout the season after every game, whether good or bad.....gameday coaching.

Game day coaching and good daily reminders. I think Ben Franklin said that as one of his keys to success according to a meme I saw the other day.
The Franchise
QUOTE (Pila @ Jul 31 2017, 10:12 AM) *
Game day coaching and good daily reminders. I think Ben Franklin said that as one of his keys to success according to a meme I saw the other day.

I wonder what 18th century slang would translate to 'run the damn ball' and 'when it's 4th and 3 on your opponent's 12, kick the fucking field goal?'
nephillymike
What could go wrong?

Chico Ruiz steals home

Gary Maddox drops a fly ball

We keep J. Martin on the bench while Luzinski plays LF with a lead

Joe Carter.

Sixers up on Portland, Doc owes us one.

Celtics come back down by 2 games

Magic the rookie plays Center

Jeff Ruland

Andrew Bynum

Leon Stickell (sp)

Lindros concussions

Mike Michel as a kicker

Rod Martin, Kenny King, Jaws deer in headlights

Wally Henry fumbles

Fog in Chicago

Bryce Paup

Flipper Anderson

Peete gets hurt, Randall clueless

Fredex runs the wrong route

Joe Jeruvicious (sp)

Ricky Manning

Super Bowl clock mgt

Sit-ups in the Driveway

Lose as favorites at ARI

Aaron Rodgers

Dream Team

Chip the GM

That's a few off the top of my head.

As a lifelong Philly sports fan, that is an easy question to answer.

Next question!
Pila
QUOTE (The Franchise @ Jul 31 2017, 09:50 PM) *
I wonder what 18th century slang would translate to 'run the damn ball' and 'when it's 4th and 3 on your opponent's 12, kick the fucking field goal?'

Do not toss that watermelon shaped air entrapment, rather carry securely and be fleet of foot, and crouch low to the ground, like a messenger in the night under a convergence of Red Coats! Or simply kick it between those two lightening rods.

And fer fvcks sake, get a good daily reminder!
The Franchise
QUOTE (Pila @ Jul 31 2017, 07:38 PM) *
Do not toss that watermelon shaped air entrapment, rather carry securely and be fleet of foot, and crouch low to the ground, like a messenger in the night under a convergence of Red Coats! Or simply kick it between those two lightening rods.

And fer fvcks sake, get a good daily reminder!

laugh.gif

Dreagon
Hmmm... what could go wrong?

Lurie could sell the team to a narcissistic used car salesman who uses it as his personal playtoy as he keeps trying to prove to the world that he knows football better than you. He spend every years second round draft pick on players who fell out of the first round with character of injury issues, just to show how smart he is with bargain shopping. Then you could spend every offseason wondering which idiot is going to get suspended for part or all of the season.
Pila
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Aug 1 2017, 04:35 PM) *
Hmmm... what could go wrong?

Lurie could sell the team to a narcissistic used car salesman who uses it as his personal playtoy as he keeps trying to prove to the world that he knows football better than you. He spend every years second round draft pick on players who fell out of the first round with character of injury issues, just to show how smart he is with bargain shopping. Then you could spend every offseason wondering which idiot is going to get suspended for part or all of the season.

Man, why are you revisiting Eagles history? Thought you were cool for a cowpuke fan, but now you you've resorted to kicking us in the delicate regions... ouch.
Dreagon
QUOTE (Pila @ Aug 1 2017, 12:42 PM) *
Man, why are you revisiting Eagles history? Thought you were cool for a cowpuke fan, but now you you've resorted to kicking us in the delicate regions... ouch.

Dude, I was pointing out my team's CURRENT history sad.gif
The Franchise
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Aug 1 2017, 10:35 AM) *
Lurie could sell the team to a narcissistic used car salesman who uses it as his personal playtoy as he keeps trying to prove to the world that he knows football better than you.

One thing is for sure, Lurie will never sell this team.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Aug 1 2017, 03:15 PM) *

Forgive him...he is a soccer fan.... devil03.gif devil03.gif devil03.gif
Pila
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Aug 1 2017, 08:23 PM) *
Forgive him...he is a soccer fan.... devil03.gif devil03.gif devil03.gif

Jogo bonito, in our parts. That speaks for itself. Hmpf.
Pila
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Aug 1 2017, 08:15 PM) *

Norman Braman bought the 'pukes?

That sucks (for you)!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.