Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What player are you pulling for?
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
We all want players like Wentz, Jernigan and Ertz to succeed. What about the bubble players, who do you want to surprise everyone and be a solid contributor? For me, it's Agholor.

Most people seem to have written him off as a bust, but he showed real talent in college and has had a good spring. That means exactly what you paid to read it, but with the puzzling status of JMatt I'm really hoping that Agholor gets his head straight and finds a way to play like he did in college.

Runner up is Pumphrey. He's not a big guy, but he could be a dangerous weapon moving around the formations and creating mismatches. I'm really excited to see him play in a game.

BTW, what's up with Matthews? Is he trade bait or will that knee end up being a permanent problem for him?
Joegrane
Matthews isn't going anywhere unless they are blown away by an offer. He is insurance in the event one of the other WRs don't work out. Otherwise that Chip guy is out of here at the end of the year. He's a nice guy and a solid WR but nothing spectacular.

Matthews is not going to want to risk reinjury. He is in a contract year and needs to be healthy.

Pumphrey's job is to learn, drink lots of protein shakes and get used to being inactive unless there is an injury. We'll probably get to see lots of him during preseason games.

QUOTE (Zero @ Jul 25 2017, 05:55 AM) *
We all want players like Wentz, Jernigan and Ertz to succeed. What about the bubble players, who do you want to surprise everyone and be a solid contributor? For me, it's Agholor.

Most people seem to have written him off as a bust, but he showed real talent in college and has had a good spring. That means exactly what you paid to read it, but with the puzzling status of JMatt I'm really hoping that Agholor gets his head straight and finds a way to play like he did in college.

Runner up is Pumphrey. He's not a big guy, but he could be a dangerous weapon moving around the formations and creating mismatches. I'm really excited to see him play in a game.

BTW, what's up with Matthews? Is he trade bait or will that knee end up being a permanent problem for him?

nephillymike
A. Grimes CB (sp)

M. Hollins WR

Walker LB

Gordon OT

Turner WR

Those are my bubble babies. We have a need at their positions and each has shown something.

How's about that Elijah Thurmon, aka the prophet, Eyrie's boy from back in the day?
Pila
QUOTE (Zero @ Jul 25 2017, 11:55 AM) *

You are calling our future Hall-of-famer a "bubble " player?

Heathen!

Uhh, talk to the hand. I'll remember that. Hmph.

I'm going with Walker. He was really making plays before his injury last year. I think he's going to kick some serious ass. 1st least i hope so.

I
Eyrie
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Jul 26 2017, 12:36 AM) *
A. Grimes CB (sp)

M. Hollins WR

Walker LB

Gordon OT

Turner WR

Those are my bubble babies. We have a need at their positions and each has shown something.

How's about that Elijah Thurmon, aka the prophet, Eyrie's boy from back in the day?

I wasn't the only one that bought into Bill Walsh's praise of an UDFA with all the physical tools! ohmy.gif

I'd agree on Hollins and Walker, and would add Smallwood to that. He showed some nice flashes last season, so it's now a case of being able to build on those and show that he can be part of a three headed monster with Pumphrey and the big back that we need to draft next year.
Zero
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.