Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hey D Rock
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
Based on recent events and the good chance they land Rose, do you still think their pick is top four this year?

Not that it matters as much, as we only get it if it is #1 or 6-30, but I was originally thinking getting it 4-6 last year was much better than an 8-10 spot this year. Sadly, I'm thinking the 8-10 spot may be better than actual.

Ball, Kuzma etc.

What say you?
D Rock
They haven't won squat yet beyond some headlines in summer league.

Ask Ben Simmons how meaningful that "achievement" is.

nephillymike
QUOTE (D Rock @ Jul 22 2017, 10:45 AM) *
They haven't won squat yet beyond some headlines in summer league.

Ask Ben Simmons how meaningful that "achievement" is.

True.

But if you had to guess, where do they finish in the tankathon standings?

I'm thinking 8-10, range, a spot which was less valuable than what we would have if it conveyed this year.
D Rock
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Jul 22 2017, 05:46 PM) *
True.

But if you had to guess, where do they finish in the tankathon standings?

I'm thinking 8-10, range, a spot which was less valuable than what we would have if it conveyed this year.

Too early to guess. I'm not going to waste an ounce of energy tarrying about maximizing the value of LA2018 vs. SAC2019 picks. At least not here. Not now.

We're in a new phase of "the Process."

I'm going to fully enjoy watching a starting 5 of

Embiid
Simmons
RoCo
Redick
Fultz

hit the floor in October.

Either of those picks, combined with depth, assets, stashed players, the current level of talent on this squad, the loss of numerous Eastern Confernce All-Stars, and the shit-show going on in Cleveland, all help pencil us in for a solid run at Conference Championship appearances for the foreseeable future.

If it comes together (a big IF at this point, but not beyond reasonable) it COULD happen this season.

Phuque the Lakers. Either we take their pick, or it helped us nab Fultz.

Everything I saw of Fultz's play in Utah (& half game in Vegas) confirmed all that we saw pre-draft. The kid's offensive game is legit. A 3 level scorer who can get his shot at will, and is equally adept off the catch. Despite the work-in-progress status as a defender, he's clearly got the tools and effort. The game looks easy watching him play.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.