Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 97.5 Fanatic Had this Eagles topic tonight
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
1. Excluding Wentz and Pederson, name the three Eagles players or coaches that are most important that they have good years for this year's team to be a success.

2. Excluding OJ, name the athlete or celebrity that has had the biggest fall from grace.

#2 is easier. Joe Paterno. No question.

#1.

A. Torrey Smith - I think Jeffery will be as advertised and Matthews will be productive. It is Smith who will be the difference maker. If he is the near worst WR that he was last year, then we have problems. If he is close to that guy in Baltimore, then playoffs are probable.

B. Aaron Grymes - he is our best CB and we need him to get a fair shot and make the best of it. If he's the above average starting CB I think he is, then he and the other CB should be good enough to be average and combined with our stellar safeties, should make our DB's be better than average. That with a very good Dline and solid LB and we could have a top 8 D.

C. Jason Peters - we need the big guy to be what he was last year; healthy and Close to Pro Bowl caliber. He's the rock that the OL is built upon.

Anyone?
Eyrie
1 - Lane Johnson's value was underlined by his stupidity last year, Malcolm Jenkins has to look after an unproven secondary and my third choice is whoever starts opposite Brandon Graham.

2 - Lance Armstrong was the cancer survivor who won seven TDFs, only to be exposed as the drugs cheat he had always denied being.
The Franchise
#1 - Lane Johnson, LaGarrette Blount, Jim Schwartz

#2 - Michael Vick

Armstrong is a great one, and I'd also say Barry Bonds except nobody ever liked the prick to begin with.
Zero
1. Jeffery, Blount, Pederson
2. The Answer
mcnabbulous
1) Peters, Alshon, Barnett
2) Tiger
nephillymike
QUOTE (Zero @ Jul 21 2017, 02:20 PM) *
1. Jeffery, Blount, Pederson
2. The Answer

Read the fine print of the rules for #1 !!
Zero
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Jul 21 2017, 05:45 PM) *
Read the fine print of the rules for #1 !!

I don't follow rules. tongue.gif
Joegrane
The team is fragile at a number of positions where they have a big fall-off in talent when a backup has to play. These are a few:

J Peters. You can't expect him to be as healthy as last year but it would be nice if he only misses 3 or 4 games.

One of the two FA WRs needs to be as good as advertised.

One of the outside CBs has to be solid but I don't think it will play out that way. I see CB by committee and creative use of the various talents.

Blount is not on my list. They'd be okay without him as long as the O Line is healthy. I'd pick Sproles before Blount.

Normally I'd pick Cox or someone on the D Line but they have good depth there.

LB might be a spot since they don't have much depth there.

QUOTE (nephillymike @ Jul 20 2017, 08:51 PM) *
1. Excluding Wentz and Pederson, name the three Eagles players or coaches that are most important that they have good years for this year's team to be a success....

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.