Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Is Pederson's job on the line?
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
He says his team is more talented than the Holmgren/Favre Packers. That means they should challenge for the SB, the Conference or, at least the Division ... right? And if they don't? They have some coaches here that could be in line for promotions: Schwartz as HC, DeFilippo or Staley as OC, Fipp as DC?
nephillymike
I don't know if the media knows something behind the scenes that we don't, but it sure seems he has very little respect among the media.

I like what he did last year. Not many in the media do.

His statement is taken a little out of context. Still wasn't the smartest thing to say. However, when that idiot Buddy Ryan said things like that a few times a week, it was fine.
HobbEs
I was listening to WIP the other day and they talked about this non-stop. I don't see anything wrong with what he said. In fact, I like it. Peterson knows the psyche of this team better than any of the talking heads in the media and if this gets them to believe in themselves then I'm all for it.

On a side note, I think DeFilippo would be next in line for HC. Rumor is Lurie likes him very much.
Dreagon
It's only his second year on the job, with a rookie QB. I always thought three was the general minimum range to get a feel for a coach (unless your Cleveland).
Eyrie
I think it depends on how we go this season and why. Finishing 6-10 with sloppy play will see him gone, but if it's the result of key injuries he's fine.

I'd be OK with a third year if we finish 8-8 but play well.
The Franchise
As long as he stays in Howie's good graces, he's safe.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.