Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Surprised by the silence
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
Not just here, basically the Eagles are a quiet subject a week before TC and that surprises me. My SIL and I were talking yesterday about the team and what we thought of them. I'm an optimist, but still, this team could be either very good, good or just ok depending largely on Wentz and Pederson.

I love the Jeffrey signing, but his best years were playing alongside Marshall and he declined when Marshall left. Blount has me stoked for some smash mouth, but he wasn't all that until he played in NE. Jernigan sounds like he could be a stud on this D, especially playing beside Cox, but why did B'more let him go for so little? Why did NE let Long walk? Will Ertz play up to his talent or just be a stud in meaningless games? How about the local boy, Curry or Peters, Matthews or anybody for that matter?

I'm more reserved about this season than I have been in a long time. I'm finding it hard to accept that the team will be as good as it looks on paper. Been burned too often and the scars haven't healed, like most Eagle fans, we just tough it out and dish it out.
Birdwatcher
QUOTE (Zero @ Jul 16 2017, 02:10 PM) *
Not just here, basically the Eagles are a quiet subject a week before TC and that surprises me. My SIL and I were talking yesterday about the team and what we thought of them. I'm an optimist, but still, this team could be either very good, good or just ok depending largely on Wentz and Pederson.

I love the Jeffrey signing, but his best years were playing alongside Marshall and he declined when Marshall left. Blount has me stoked for some smash mouth, but he wasn't all that until he played in NE. Jernigan sounds like he could be a stud on this D, especially playing beside Cox, but why did B'more let him go for so little? Why did NE let Long walk? Will Ertz play up to his talent or just be a stud in meaningless games? How about the local boy, Curry or Peters, Matthews or anybody for that matter?

I'm more reserved about this season than I have been in a long time. I'm finding it hard to accept that the team will be as good as it looks on paper. Been burned too often and the scars haven't healed, like most Eagle fans, we just tough it out and dish it out.

I look at the Jeffrey signing as a huge key to the season, whether or not his stats have dropped overall, he has one skill that has remained constant...he catches the damn ball! His stats in percentage of targets to catches has been one of the highest in the league, and even better, he is a guy who can usually win a jump ball battle with any CB. If he and Wentz develop chemistry this offense could take off big time. I am more optimistic about Wentz and the upgrades, but Pederson's play calling worries me. Hopefully in year two they let Wentz make a few more adjustments at the line, I think he is the kind of guy who will steadily improve and given what he was working with last season, I think he played pretty well. It appears his OLine and skill position players have been upgraded, so he has the tools, I'm optimistic about what he will do with them.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Zero @ Jul 16 2017, 01:10 PM) *
I love the Jeffrey signing, but his best years were playing alongside Marshall and he declined when Marshall left.

This is kind of a misperception. When on the field, he was statistically at his best in 2015 after Marshall had left. He was just plagued by hammy injuries that year.
The Franchise
Signing Jeffery, Smith, and Blount means our offense should be able to hang with anyone in the league. Injuries aside, the only thing that can fuck this up is Pederson.

nephillymike
It is silent around here.

Not so much on the airways this past week.

It seems that everyone is convinced Pederson is the next Kotite and we are doomed.

I don't think so.

I fully expect this team to compete for a playoff spot.

Jeffery will be a stud.
Joegrane
Pedie has some veteran coaches around him. I don't expect him to win them any games but I don't expect him to be terrible either.

Jeffrey will be a stud in part because CW will trust him to win jump ball situations. In contrast, recall CW throwing a deep ball to N Agholor while driving to win a game last year. NA let some little CB intercept the ball. Jeffrey probably makes that catch and they kick the FG to win.

QUOTE (nephillymike @ Jul 16 2017, 08:13 PM) *
It is silent around here.

Not so much on the airways this past week.

It seems that everyone is convinced Pederson is the next Kotite and we are doomed.

I don't think so.

I fully expect this team to compete for a playoff spot.

Jeffery will be a stud.

Birdman420
I just want my Young QB to throw to NFL caliber WR's who set the bar for what to expect from the position.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.