Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I know tihs is early
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
bwc2112
Pre -predictions for 2017 , been very busy and laying low. I've been watching and reading. If all goes well I see a 10-6 team. We have been under rated before and look what happened.
Dreagon
That's a reasonable prediction. Wentz has a year under his belt and upgrades at wide receiver. That should up your scoring this year.
Pila
I have much more lofty expectations. I think 10-6 would be disappointing outside scenarios with some critical injuries to key players. I'm a 12 - 4 kinda guy. I'm also listening to a lot of classic punk rock again, so perhaps this is mid life crisis optimism talking...
Eyrie
Hmmm ....

If Pederson improves, if Wentz progresses, if Jeffery and Smith settle in, if Hollins/Agholor/Smallwood provide good depth, if Barnett/Curry/Long can step up opposite Graham, if Cox plays at the level of his salary, if Hicks stays healthy, if Douglas and Mills are even average then we could go 11-5. Remember this is a tough division we're in.

Being realistic, I think 8-8 or 9-7 is more likely.

PS: I approve of Pila's musical choice, although my own is more UK based (Pistols, Clash, Stiff Little Fingers, Anti Nowhere League).
Zero
Wentz and the receivers need to get to know each other and that'll take some time. The big factor is going to be how effective the pass rush is to protect the secondary and contain the Dallas and Washington offenses. They have the players to win 10 or 11, but it may take time to mesh so 9 may be a safer bet. I'm not a betting man though, so I'll say 11-5 but I'll take 19 - 0. biggrin.gif

More like the British invasion with the Beatles and Stones. Sprinkle in some Byrds, Bob Dylan, Jefferson Airplane, Jimi Hendrix and Santana. POW!
Aitkens
Young team that certainly has a 10-6 possibility in them. They're going to probably be a team that could steal a wild card spot and be that one team that nobody wants to meet in the playoffs. Ultimately it will be depth or young team mistake that costs them though.
Zero
QUOTE (Aitkens @ Jul 9 2017, 06:30 AM) *
Young team that certainly has a 10-6 possibility in them. They're going to probably be a team that could steal a wild card spot and be that one team that nobody wants to meet in the playoffs. Ultimately it will be depth or young team mistake that costs them though.

Yeah. I think the vet additions at key positions could be a big factor as will Pederson. The team needs to find an identity ... I think adding Long and Jernigan will provide some attitude, and having a WR who can win the contested passes with some regularity and a thumper at RB will do the same for the offense. It'll be interesting watching JP ... he knows he's on limited time and he wants a ring. The OL could set the tone for the O just like the DL should for the D.

What's Pederson's vision for the team? I'm not buying that he's just Andy-light. I want these guys to have an intimidating attitude and I hope the coaches can get that out of them.
Joegrane
I agree, although 9Ws probably more likely in a tough division and with questions at CB. If the young CBs develop more quickly than expected, CW develops good chemistry with his new WRs and J Peters stays healthy, this could be a good, hungry team at the end of the year.

QUOTE (Aitkens @ Jul 9 2017, 05:30 AM) *

Pila
QUOTE (Zero @ Jul 9 2017, 01:59 PM) *
Yeah. I think the vet additions at key positions could be a big factor as will Pederson. The team needs to find an identity ... I think adding Long and Jernigan will provide some attitude, and having a WR who can win the contested passes with some regularity and a thumper at RB will do the same for the offense. It'll be interesting watching JP ... he knows he's on limited time and he wants a ring. The OL could set the tone for the O just like the DL should for the D.

What's Pederson's vision for the team? I'm not buying that he's just Andy-light. I want these guys to have an intimidating attitude and I hope the coaches can get that out of them.

He's a ball control kind of guy. That's a pretty good attitude to have.

While I appreciate classic rock, I'm still a young mid-life crisis guy. But my grandpa agrees with your music choices! tongue.gif
The Franchise
10-6

The wild card is Pederson. If his gameday coaching improves we certainly have the personnel to win 11 or 12 games and go deep in the playoffs.

How many combined pass attempts do you think we'll see in Week 2? I'm setting the over/under at 100. Wasted timeouts/challenges at 4.5.....
Zero
QUOTE (Pila @ Jul 9 2017, 02:33 PM) *
He's a ball control kind of guy. That's a pretty good attitude to have.

While I appreciate classic rock, I'm still a young mid-life crisis guy. But my grandpa agrees with your music choices! tongue.gif
ka.gif jumpclap.gif
The Franchise
Vegas has our current over/under at 8 wins. I'd bet the house on the over, and hope for no Wentz injuries.

On a side note, if you bet $1 on the Phillies to win the World Series this year, you'll come away with $5,000 - but who would be dumb enough to waste that dollar?
Dreagon
QUOTE (The Franchise @ Jul 9 2017, 03:10 PM) *
10-6

The wild card is Pederson.

I think the wild card is Lane Johnson. You guy's won/lost percentage when you had him, compared to when you didn't, speaks for itself. He makes Wentz a lot more comfortable back there.
nephillymike
Prediction is 9-7.

The hope is 10-6 and playoffs.

I need 8-8 to avoid losing my over/under bet, 9-7 to win it.

A concerning thing is that I think with looming FA of guys and age factor, we may end up having more talent this year than next. If that is the case, 10-6 and playoff win is a must to tide us over until 2019.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Jul 10 2017, 06:24 AM) *
Prediction is 9-7.

The hope is 10-6 and playoffs.

I need 8-8 to avoid losing my over/under bet, 9-7 to win it.

A concerning thing is that I think with looming FA of guys and age factor, we may end up having more talent this year than next. If that is the case, 10-6 and playoff win is a must to tide us over until 2019.

I am shocked by you and Z...this is clearly a 15-1 team and that is only because they will rest their guys the last game..Carson becomes king and Barnett has 27 sacks....

lol

Honestly I would be a little shocked if they are not 10-6. Trying to look at it as evenly as possible and in light of what has happened to the rest of the division I think they are positioned to improve their record considerably. One thing lost in all the "Doug is not a great coach" talk is the fact that the Eagles were in a position to win several games they lost and players lost the game such as Wentz's bizarre decision to throw a hail mary interception in the Detroit game if I recall correctly. Pederson had a shaky moment or 2 but that was to be expected just like you can excuse a bad decision by Wentz. I think both will be better this year and I think the offense will be a bit more prolific this year. The defense was actually pretty decent last year when you look at the numbers. First year in the system with lousy corners and underperforming D line and they still were ranked in the top half of the league in total yards and passing and rushing yards against.

I think they should do rather well. Maybe not a SB contender but getting there.
BisonEagleFan
I'm thinking 11-5
Joegrane
I bet L Johnson learned his lesson. I'm more concerned about J Peters on the other side. He was unusually healthy last year.

QUOTE (Dreagon @ Jul 9 2017, 08:50 PM) *
I think the wild card is Lane Johnson. You guy's won/lost percentage when you had him, compared to when you didn't, speaks for itself. He makes Wentz a lot more comfortable back there.

Reality Fan
QUOTE (Joegrane @ Jul 17 2017, 11:26 PM) *
I bet L Johnson learned his lesson. I'm more concerned about J Peters on the other side. He was unusually healthy last year.

Not unusually...he has missed 2 games in the last 4 years...granted he was dinged up 2 seasons ago but he usually answers the bell.
Dreagon
QUOTE (Joegrane @ Jul 17 2017, 10:26 PM) *

Gotta love players that learn their lesson. We could use a few more of those *cough* Randy Gregory *cough*
bwc2112
Ok, Music ,
At Woodstock at 6 yrs of age. Thats a starting point. The Who, Black Sabbath, Deep Purple , ect. Also a fan of Folk Music Gordon Lightfoot , Jim Croce, James Taylor , ect. I rarely watch Television until Football season. And to top off my youngest son (28) co-owns a recording studio in Atlanta.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.