Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Interesting CB stuff
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
40 times:
Josh Norman 4.61
Jalen Mills 4.61
Rasul Douglas 4.59
I'm not suggesting either Mills or Douglas will ever be the player that Norman is. What I'm saying is that speed, more specifically lack of speed, doesn't necessarily equate to poor play.

Here’s a list of all wide receivers to see at least five targets against Norman over the past three seasons, sorted by total targets. As you can see, Beckham leads in WR rating and Jeffery leads in yards per target, while Bryant ranks near the bottom in both categories.
Linc ...
nephillymike
I still think that A. Grymes, the former CFL all star will win a starting CB job.

We have a bunch of young guys competing.

I'm not sold on Mills.

My only request is a wide open, fair competition.
Zero
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Jul 2 2017, 08:45 AM) *
I still think that A. Grymes, the former CFL all star will win a starting CB job.

We have a bunch of young guys competing.

I'm not sold on Mills.

My only request is a wide open, fair competition.

It seems the biggest knock on Mills is his speed, and that was the main point. Maybe he'll never pan out, but Norman is pretty productive and unless that 40 time was an anomaly, it opens the possibility that Mills can be a capable player and that Douglas can evolve into a capable starter.

In Norman's rookie year he played 16 games with 21 assists, 0 sacks, 7 passes defensed and 1 interception. Mills played 16 games with 10 assists, 0 sacks and 7 passes defensed. Similar, except I didn't see how many TDs each surrendered.

I agree about Grymes, and if both Brooks and Robinson can be serviceable and the DL can get consistent pressure, the secondary may not be the weakness we all think it is.
CT_Eagle
QUOTE (Zero @ Jul 2 2017, 02:30 PM) *
It seems the biggest knock on Mills is his speed, and that was the main point. Maybe he'll never pan out, but Norman is pretty productive and unless that 40 time was an anomaly, it opens the possibility that Mills can be a capable player and that Douglas can evolve into a capable starter.

In Norman's rookie year he played 16 games with 21 assists, 0 sacks, 7 passes defensed and 1 interception. Mills played 16 games with 10 assists, 0 sacks and 7 passes defensed. Similar, except I didn't see how many TDs each surrendered.

I agree about Grymes, and if both Brooks and Robinson can be serviceable and the DL can get consistent pressure, the secondary may not be the weakness we all think it is.

I have a slightly higher outlook for Mills than most. I think the key to him will be how well his play recognition and reaction develop. If he can excel in that area he will be a serviceable CB.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.