Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: NBA Free Agency -Players of Interest for Sixers
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
The Sixers need good long distance shooters to loosen up the coverage and give Embiid and others room to operate underneath.

Here are nine players at SG, SF, and PF who could help.

Rnk,Name,Team,..Type ..Pos, Sal,.. Age,3pt att/g,3pt%,Pt/g,Min/g,WS48,BPM,VORP
1.Porter,.....WAS..,RFA.....SF,..5.9M,...24,....4.3,...434,..13.4,...33,..173,..3.9,.3.9
2.Gallinari,..DEN,..UFA,....SF..15.1M,..28.....5.1,...389,..18.2,...34,..158,..0.8,..1.5
3.Reddick....LAC...UFA.....SG...7.4M...33.....6.0,....429,..15.0,..28,..105...0.0...1.1
4.CJ Miles....IND...UFA.....SF....4.6M...30.....5.4.....413,..10.7...23...109..(0.5).0.7
5.Korver.......CLE...UFA....SG...5.2M...36..... 5.4....451,..10.1....26...101..(0.2).0.8
6.Cald-Pope..DET...RFA....SG....3.7M..24......5.8....350,...13.8,..33...086..0.9...1.9
7.Hardaway...ATL...RFA....SG....2.9M..25......5.3....357...14.5...27...107..(0.3).0.9
8.Ilyasova.....ATL...UFA....PF.....8.4M..30......4.9....353....13.1..26....091.(0.5).0.8
9.Ibaka........TOR...UFA....PF....12.2M.27......4.0....391....14.8..31....085.(2.1).0.0
10.Snell........MIL...RFA....SF.....2.4M..25......4.4....406....8.5....29...071.(0.8).0.7

- Stauskas..PHI....N/A....SG...3.8M...23.....4.5....368....9.5....27...031..(2.4).(0.2)
-Henderson.PHI...N/A.....SG...9.0M...29.....2.4....353....9.2....23...059..(3.1).(0.5)

League Average 3pt % = .358

All of these players have Bird rights, which means that their existing teams can sign them and get a salary cap exemption for the money they use to sign them. There still is the cash flow issue of really paying them, but they can fit them under the cap.

Another advantage their existing teams have, is they can offer a max contract that can be 4-7M more in total for the first four years of the deal than new teams can bid. However, their current team can offer a five year deal, whereas new teams can only offer four years. Since they are guaranteed, on max deals, the difference between the four year new team deal and five year current team can be anywhere from 38- 53 million. Not all of these guys are max contract worthy, but many are. Again, the team still has to have the funds. Not all teams can sell 14,000 season tickets coming off four tank seasons!

The advanced stat definitions are as follows:

WS/48 - win shares per 48 minutes. Est. wins contributed by a player per 48 mins. League average is approx .100.

BPM - box plus/minus. East pts per 100 possessions that a player contributes above league average, translated to an average team.

VORP - value over replacement player- points per 100 team possessions that a player contributes over a replacement player. Note that Henderson and Sauce are rated below replacement players, which are non starter quality players.

D Rock
Awesome post!

Me, I'm all in on Redick. I like Porter, but he's RFA, and his age will demand too long a contract.

I think in addition to shooting, we need an elder statesman in the locker room. A guy that is unrestricted, will see $15 mil as greater than a 100% raise, and isn't looking for more than 4 years.

I offer Redick 4 years at $15 (willing to go up to 18) per. So it's 60 over 4, or 40 over 2.

Our competition for his services will be the Nets. I read that JJ bought a 4.2 mil pent-house in Brooklynn last year. But I don't think they can afford to pay him what we can, especially after taking on the Mosgov contract.

JJ is literally the perfect fit.

Imagine a starting 5 of

Embiid
Simmons
RoCo
Redick
Fultz

With Simmons as primary ball handler, you've got shooting all over the perimeter and a wide open floor.

On defense you can switch everything around the perimeter, help from the weak side, and have Joel protecting the rim.

Bam
HobbEs
QUOTE (D Rock @ Jun 27 2017, 01:54 AM) *
Imagine a starting 5 of

Embiid
Simmons
RoCo
Redick
Fultz

With Simmons as primary ball handler, you've got shooting all over the perimeter and a wide open floor.

On defense you can switch everything around the perimeter, help from the weak side, and have Joel protecting the rim.

Bam

Embiid
Ilyasova
Roco
Fultz
Simmons

Fultz can play off ball and I still think Brett Brown will play Simmons at point until he decides it doesn't work.
D Rock
QUOTE (HobbEs @ Jun 27 2017, 01:12 PM) *
Embiid
Ilyasova
Roco
Fultz
Simmons

Fultz can play off ball and I still think Brett Brown will play Simmons at point until he decides it doesn't work.

Time to get over the idea of position titles as they pertain to the offensive side. On offense, we essentially have ball handlers, shooters, and Joel. Traditional position designations really only apply here as to define who they defend.

Fultz is playing off ball in either scenario. JJ does more for the offense than Ersan, who doesn't move as well, doesn't come off screens, or work in a motion offense. All he does offensively is stand in the corner (not without value, but not nearly as valuable as JJs motion).

So too, he's a major tick down from JJ defensively.

I like Ilyasova, but I would put the chances of his return to philly at about 5%.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (D Rock @ Jun 27 2017, 12:54 AM) *
I read that JJ bought a 4.2 mil pent-house in Brooklynn last year.

I also would love for us to land Redick. FWIW, he recently sold a similarly priced home in Austin so it might not be something he's thinking about as a primary residence.
nephillymike
I realized that for some reason I neglected Serge Ibaka. He should definitely be on this list.

I will add him when I get a chance as well as the real cap numbers for the teams.
HobbEs
I'm just curious...why isn't anyone talking about Gordon Hayward? He would be a great fit on this team.
D Rock
I personally think he's over-rated.

Plus I think it's a bit of a long shot that he leaves the Jazz. If he does, it would likely be to reunite with his college coach in Boston.
nephillymike
Revised to include Ibaka.

Comes in at #9.

Not a top choice. Surprised at the poor BPM, negative on D and O.
nephillymike
QUOTE (D Rock @ Jun 27 2017, 12:54 AM) *
Awesome post!

Me, I'm all in on Redick. I like Porter, but he's RFA, and his age will demand too long a contract.

I think in addition to shooting, we need an elder statesman in the locker room. A guy that is unrestricted, will see $15 mil as greater than a 100% raise, and isn't looking for more than 4 years.

I offer Redick 4 years at $15 (willing to go up to 18) per. So it's 60 over 4, or 40 over 2.

Our competition for his services will be the Nets. I read that JJ bought a 4.2 mil pent-house in Brooklynn last year. But I don't think they can afford to pay him what we can, especially after taking on the Mosgov contract.

JJ is literally the perfect fit.

Imagine a starting 5 of

Embiid
Simmons
RoCo
Redick
Fultz

Bam

I too love Reddick.

For the match of skill/money/age/fit

I go:
1. Porter
2. Reddick
3. Miles

If I can get Reddick for 18M or less per year for two years plus team option in year 3, give me my pen and a Sixers hat for the new guy.

The sale starts in 90 minutes. I got my coupons and a shitload of cash and a desire to make this team a legitimate playoff team THIS year, and a place that top free agents want to come NEXT year. In order to do the latter, we need to sign TWO guys this year.

Get'R done!
nephillymike
A little dated and doesn't have impact of last few days moves but

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2704121...-2017-offseason

In order of probable cap space:

Sixers 46.7
Miami 30.9
Brooklyn 22.6
Dallas 22.0
LA Lakers 17.5
Orlando 15.8
Boston 15.4
Chicago 14.8
Sacramento 14.8
New York 14.0
Indiana 13.6
Denver 11.7
Phoenix 11.3
Minnesota 10.6
Houston 5.7
---------------------
San Antonio (1.9)
Charlotte (6.3)
New Orleans (8.0)
Washington (12.4)
Atlanta (12.8)
Milwaukee (13.2)
Utah (22.4)
Detroit (23.1)
Golden State (25.4)
Memphis (29.3)
Oklahoma City (32.4)
Toronto (35.4)
LA Clippers (37.7)
Cleveland (38.4)
Portland (39.4)

This team has no reason to not get two free agents this year. They've been pauper for too long now.

After adding Fultz, removing Henderson, Rodriguez and Splitter, we are well over 50 mill available.

Get busy Brian!
nephillymike
http://nba.nbcsports.com/2017/06/30/report...money-is-right/

Houston, us and Brooklyn.

Better not be out bid!

Get busy!
mcnabbulous
Redick deal is done. 1/$23M. Perfect.
nephillymike
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Jul 1 2017, 03:34 PM) *

Agree.

Do you sign a stretch four?

Need to get to the cap floor.

We can extend Covington.

I wouldn't do anything with Embiid until the end of next season and we can more accurately gauge his health.
Joegrane
The SG spot seems rather congested. Maybe the young SG Korkmaz should stay in Europe for another year to develop physically. However if he is here, he'll have someone to learn from in Redick.

Maybe they'll use the remaining $ to the cap floor to pick up a 2nd round pick in exchange for taking on a contract.

QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Jul 1 2017, 03:34 PM) *

nephillymike
How did we do?

1. Porter 24 yrs old RFA 4yrs, 106M
2. Gallinari, 28 yrs old, UFA, 3 yrs, 65M
3. Redick, 33 yrs old, UFA, 1 yr, 23M
4. Miles, 30 yrs old, UFA, 3yrs, 25M sign & trade
5. Korver, 36 yrs old, UFA, 3yrs, 22M
6. Cald -Pope, 24 yrs old, RFA, 1 yr, 18M
7. Hardaway, 25, RFA, 4yrs, 71M
8. Ilyasova, 30, UFA, 1 yr, 6M
9. Ibaka, 27, UFA, 3 yrs, 65M
10. Snell, 25, RFA, 4 yrs, 46M

We got our guy for the second highest per year amount and the fourth lowest committed dollars.

In hindsight, trading for Miles may have been the best deal, but I can't complain with Reddick on the one year deal. If he works out, I don't think we'll get a discount, so it may end up costing us more.

Still not a bad deal.
Joegrane
And Korkmaz and Fultz get to learn from a vet who is quite good at his position.

Hopefully it works out like Saric learning from Ersan Ilysova.

QUOTE (nephillymike @ Jul 15 2017, 07:49 PM) *
... I can't complain with Reddick on the one year deal. If he works out, I don't think we'll get a discount, so it may end up costing us more.

Still not a bad deal.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.