Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hinkieites and Colangelones
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
Enjoy tonight.

It is good for the squad.
Reality Fan
It is a silly argument to be honest. I don't think anyone or at least not a significant % disagreed with Hinkie's theorem that you had to blow up the team and tank and I don't think many even worried about a 2nd year. Amassing assets was a good strategy. The disconnect with Hinkie and his acolytes is whether he had clue one as to the next step and that is picking the right guys and that is where I think people are confused. Hinkie is a brilliant administrator and should have stayed to work with BC. His ego did not allow that.
D Rock
Yes, RF. We know. If any disagree with you and your self perceived brilliance, they're simply "confused." wacko.gif

Player evaluation is not an exact science. I think in the end, we'll see roughly similar rates for hits and misses between most GMs not named Vlade. At any rate, of the current roster, Fultz and Bolden are the only guys BC can claim as "his." OK, we'll give him TLC and Furkan too. Simmons was a Hinkie pick to me, as we "earned" that top pick under his watch. What Hinkie did very well IMO was reading the tea leaves and knowing when a players perceived value was higher than his actual value (see MCW & Jrue Holiday trades for example).

I don't think many would have stayed at their post after the indignation Hinkie was handed. To have the league step in and force Colangelo the elder in place to hold your hand, then see him install his son without even the pretense of a due diligence and demote you to a role beneath him. Nope. I'm out.

I'm not a fan of Bryan. But I loved the trade up to #1. He traded a 2nd round pick for cash however, and that to me is huge red flag philosophically.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (D Rock @ Jun 23 2017, 11:21 AM) *
Yes, RF. We know. If any disagree with you and your self perceived brilliance, they're simply "confused." wacko.gif

Player evaluation is not an exact science. I think in the end, we'll see roughly similar rates for hits and misses between most GMs not named Vlade. At any rate, of the current roster, Fultz and Bolden are the only guys BC can claim as "his." OK, we'll give him TLC and Furkan too. Simmons was a Hinkie pick to me, as we "earned" that top pick under his watch. What Hinkie did very well IMO was reading the tea leaves and knowing when a players perceived value was higher than his actual value (see MCW & Jrue Holiday trades for example).

I don't think many would have stayed at their post after the indignation Hinkie was handed. To have the league step in and force Colangelo the elder in place to hold your hand, then see him install his son without even the pretense of a due diligence and demote you to a role beneath him. Nope. I'm out.

I'm not a fan of Bryan. But I loved the trade up to #1. He traded a 2nd round pick for cash however, and that to me is huge red flag philosophically.

I am not the one who who repeatedly trots out something as fact and than acts like a petulant child when actual facts prove the opposite. I don't think you are confused, I think sometimes you speak before you actually check the facts because you believe strongly that you are correct. I do wonder about what drove you to those conclusions at times but I don't think it is confusion. Unlike another poster I don't ignore your posts because sometimes you have valuable insight regardless of your condescension. I only ignore those I find useless.

I have opinions at times and sometimes they are right and sometimes wrong but I don't say thye are facts. For example, I think a good deal of luck played out in "THE PROCESS". You disagree. That luck was both good and bad. I find it shocking and amazing that the Celtics, a division rival (at one time anyway) would ever trade with us much less the number one pick. The injuries over the last 3 years, the real reason we not only got to pick where we did this year but in each of the last 2 years which also allowed for the Sac trade that got us Fultz.

Now a few questions for you.
Wasn't Holiday traded so MCW could be drafted and play? He was traded 2 weeks after MCW was picked if I recall.
How many roster spots do you think wise for the team to provide for rookies? They are pushing to bring over Furkan now and he is 19. Simmons will be a rookie again. Fultz is 19-20. Bolden is a rookie. That is a lot of kids to teach.

I can understand your angst at how BC got the job even though I think your dislike of him is almost a fetish. That being said I don't think it surprising that they got rid of some of their 2nd round picks. I think, and purely guess work here, that guys like BC trade of give them away for cash as a form of bridge building. Favors now for favors later. I would have a higher opinion of Hinkie if I had not read his manifesto he left when he departed. He is a weird guy who never realized the basketball side of the franchise equation. He only saw the science experiment side of his work.

D Rock
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Jun 23 2017, 05:57 PM) *
I am not the one who who repeatedly trots out something as fact and than acts like a petulant child when actual facts prove the opposite. I don't think you are confused, I think sometimes you speak before you actually check the facts because you believe strongly that you are correct. I do wonder about what drove you to those conclusions at times but I don't think it is confusion. Unlike another poster I don't ignore your posts because sometimes you have valuable insight regardless of your condescension. I only ignore those I find useless.

I have opinions at times and sometimes they are right and sometimes wrong but I don't say thye are facts. For example, I think a good deal of luck played out in "THE PROCESS". You disagree. That luck was both good and bad. I find it shocking and amazing that the Celtics, a division rival (at one time anyway) would ever trade with us much less the number one pick. The injuries over the last 3 years, the real reason we not only got to pick where we did this year but in each of the last 2 years which also allowed for the Sac trade that got us Fultz.

Now a few questions for you.
Wasn't Holiday traded so MCW could be drafted and play? He was traded 2 weeks after MCW was picked if I recall.
How many roster spots do you think wise for the team to provide for rookies? They are pushing to bring over Furkan now and he is 19. Simmons will be a rookie again. Fultz is 19-20. Bolden is a rookie. That is a lot of kids to teach.

I can understand your angst at how BC got the job even though I think your dislike of him is almost a fetish. That being said I don't think it surprising that they got rid of some of their 2nd round picks. I think, and purely guess work here, that guys like BC trade of give them away for cash as a form of bridge building. Favors now for favors later. I would have a higher opinion of Hinkie if I had not read his manifesto he left when he departed. He is a weird guy who never realized the basketball side of the franchise equation. He only saw the science experiment side of his work.

Holiday was traded for Noel & Dario, if memory serves. They drafted MCW, increased his value, and traded him for a bundle.

Reality Fan
QUOTE (D Rock @ Jun 23 2017, 04:44 PM) *
Holiday was traded for Noel & Dario, if memory serves. They drafted MCW, increased his value, and traded him for a bundle.

You are almost right...it got them Noel and allowed them to draft MCW. The Orlando trade got them Saric. I do give him credit for getting rid of MCW while he had value.

By the way...I love the Jonah Bolden pick
D Rock
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Jun 23 2017, 10:46 PM) *
By the way...I love the Jonah Bolden pick

Look at that! We agree on something. Even broken clocks....
Reality Fan
QUOTE (D Rock @ Jun 23 2017, 07:36 PM) *
Look at that! We agree on something. Even broken clocks....

probably more than you realize....
Joegrane
G. Henderson Released.

F Korkmaz appears to be coming this year.
http://www.csnphilly.com/philadelphia-76er...erald-henderson

Who will be the veteran to provide some leadership, a former All Star who has one more year left in the tank?

Are they going to rely on Bayless for that?

Does Elton Brand still live in the area and have a role behind the scenes?

QUOTE (nephillymike @ Jun 22 2017, 06:30 PM) *
Enjoy tonight.

It is good for the squad.
nephillymike
Good move on Henderson.

He gets a mill to walk, cost 9 mill to keep him and he would be our 4th string SG behind

Fultz
Free Agent
Stauskas

Not worth it at those prices.

The one or two FA they sign will provide that and play at a higher level.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.