Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hey Mikey
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
D Rock
We clearly have a disconnect on the definition of "success" for "the process."

What would you think about this, as a halfway point.

I would posit that next season's ROY is a lock to be a Sixer. And the team would up their win rate by 20%. Were that to happen, could you see yourself coming around to the dark side?
Joegrane
You forgot that according to the Sixers' Process high picks spend their rookie year on crutches.

QUOTE (D Rock @ Jun 22 2017, 01:45 AM) *
We clearly have a disconnect on the definition of "success" for "the process."

What would you think about this, as a halfway point.

I would posit that next season's ROY is a lock to be a Sixer. And the team would up their win rate by 20%. Were that to happen, could you see yourself coming around to the dark side?

mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Joegrane @ Jun 22 2017, 08:55 AM) *
You forgot that according to the Sixers' Process high picks spend their rookie year on crutches.

That's irrelevant to their ability to win Rookie of the Year in the NBA.
Joegrane
Replied to " next season's ROY is a lock to be a Sixer."

Not if he is on crutches.
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Jun 22 2017, 09:13 AM) *
That's irrelevant to their ability to win Rookie of the Year in the NBA.

nephillymike
No.

Start with results.

I said one finals appearance and three conf finals appearances over the next seven years.

Use that and issue a counter.

Maybe two playoff appearances over the next seven? cool.gif

By the way, if you meant an increase in win% by 20%, that would put them at .541 win %, 5th in the East. I don't think you meant that. If you meant a 20% increase in wins, well that's a 12th place whopping 34 wins.

And ROY?

Memories of MCW taint that for me.
D Rock
By using the term "win rate" I was clearly talking about win %.
nephillymike
.541 = 45 wins.

That would be an impressive first step and would have an interesting 4-5 playoff matchup.

For next year, I would be happy with a few wins less than that, say 42-43 with a 6th seed to create a challenging 3 vs. 6 matchup.

A few years later, I expect to be regulars in the conf finals or better.

D Rock
The only thing that could derail everything is injury.

Bring in JJ Redick for more shooting and veteran leadership, and this squad should reach 40-45 wins.

Fultz, JJ, RoCo, Simmons, & Embiid would be a pretty devestating lineup with Simmons as primary ball handler and facilitator. I can see the P&R action with Ben and Embiid with shooting all around the perimeter. Fultz as a secondary ball handler running P&R with Ben or Joel as well. That would be a solid defensive group too. Now you've got Bayless, Dario, Holmes, Stauskas, TJ, TLC coming off the bench. We need some help at the 4, though...
nephillymike
QUOTE (D Rock @ Jun 22 2017, 09:55 PM) *
The only thing that could derail everything is injury.

Bring in JJ Redick for more shooting and veteran leadership, and this squad should reach 40-45 wins.

Fultz, JJ, RoCo, Simmons, & Embiid would be a pretty devestating lineup with Simmons as primary ball handler and facilitator. I can see the P&R action with Ben and Embiid with shooting all around the perimeter. Fultz as a secondary ball handler running P&R with Ben or Joel as well. That would be a solid defensive group too. Now you've got Bayless, Dario, Holmes, Stauskas, TJ, TLC coming off the bench. We need some help at the 4, though...

Just got help at the 4.

We got the 25th pick, the 7-2 Latvian for our 1st and 2nd round picks in 2020.

Well, not bad I guess. The Latvian wasn't that high on the compilation. 47th.

He is Porzingas very light. Seen as a role player.

Okafor still a Sixer sad.gif
D Rock
That's an odd move. I would think he's still gotta another year or 2 in Europe. And he's already 22.
D Rock
OK. They didn't give up much. The 2020 1st rounder is top 20 protected. IF it doesn't convey, it becomes 2 second rounders.
D Rock
There's our help at 4.

Jonah Bolden is a great 6'10" 4 that shots 40% from 3. Nice pick there.
nephillymike
QUOTE (D Rock @ Jun 22 2017, 10:10 PM) *
OK. They didn't give up much. The 2020 1st rounder is top 20 protected. IF it doesn't convey, it becomes 2 second rounders.

NBA is strange.

Why would a team draft him at 25, then turn around and trade him minutes later for what should ba a very similar pick three years from now. They couldn't draft someone they wanted?
nephillymike
QUOTE (D Rock @ Jun 22 2017, 10:20 PM) *
There's our help at 4.

Jonah Bolden is a great 6'10" 4 that shots 40% from 3. Nice pick there.

They got #4 on the sharpshooter list with Bolden, then they come back and get Brown, the #1 sharpshooter.

Nice.

I'm surprised we made the five picks and traded for another! I'd be disappointed if we Eurostashed all three Euro players. We need one of the PF on the roster as we have weak depth there.
nephillymike
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Jun 23 2017, 04:52 AM) *
They got #4 on the sharpshooter list with Bolden, then they come back and get Brown, the #1 sharpshooter.

Nice.

I'm surprised we made the five picks and traded for another! I'd be disappointed if we Eurostashed all three Euro players. We need one of the PF on the roster as we have weak depth there.

Never mind.

https://www.libertyballers.com

Traded #46 Brown and #39 Evans.

Supposedly one was traded for 100K cash!

unsure.gif

And they're probably stashing #25, and probably #50 too!

So it looks like Fultz and maybe Bolden as the draft class who will participate this year. I can see Evans, but why trade the sharp shooter.

Weird league.

sad.gif
D Rock
Trading for cash is lazy. I hate that move.
nephillymike
$100,000?

WTF is that?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.