Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sorry for another Sixers post...
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
D Rock
WOJ, and all the big media dogs reporting the Celts and Sixers are in "deep talks" about trading picks. No players would be involved. Reports suggesting Ainge wants Jackson, and the Sixers could get Fultz for #3 and "a future 1st round pick (not specified)."

I've been on record saying I'd trade #3, next yr's Lakers 1st, & Dario for Fultz. But it looks like it wont take that much.

Ainge is motivated by an apparent belief that Jackson fits their needs better and Fultz's presence could cause "issues" for Isaiah Thomas.

Man-oh-man, I would be a pig in slop if this happened.

nephillymike
My post was time stamped at 7:45.

This 7:46 post is so yesterday!

I would do this for #3 and one future 1st, and I would allow them to pick at the end of next year whether they want either our Pick, the LAL pick or the 2019 SAC pick.

I would throw a 2nd rounder or two if needed, or a bench player veteran.

No way I give them another 1st or Saric.
D Rock
For me, I like Fultz enough with Joel and the Ben we saw in Summer League last year to give up just about anything. I'm not as sold on Dario as some. Great story, seemingly nice guy, but his game is too "below the rim" for me to see as a building block. On a legitimately good team, he's a rotation guy off the bench. His perceived value around the league will never be higher than it is right now.

Check out this tweet from the Celts team twitter account. Note a curious absence in the image.

Getting Fultz would be a huge coup, and I don't believe any price too high (within reason of course).
D Rock
Seriously, he's the perfect fit. Great shooter off the dribble or the pass. Can be either primary or secondary ball handler. Great handle. Can run off screens and excel without the ball, score from all 3 levels, and defend either guard.

You get any other guy and you need to look to free agency for shooting or defense. He represents the only complete 2 way player in this draft.
nephillymike
Looks like it's the LAL pick plus a sweetener

https://sports.yahoo.com/sources-76ers-adva...-215225362.html

Also, they say they'd be surprised if it didn't happen at this point.

Wow.

If this happens, I think we'd all be in agreement as to who we should select.
Zero
How to the LeBron to Lakers rumors affect this?
James is much bigger than just basketball at this point in his career with countless off-court endeavors. This has led multiple folks to surmise James may leave the Cavs for a second time in favor of Los Angeles, where he owns a home 30 minutes away from Staples Center. James can become a free agent after the 2017-18 season.

"Not only is there no guarantee he's coming back, I'm not sure there is an expectation he's re-signing there,” Yahoo NBA reporter Adrian Wojnarowski said on his podcast Wednesday. “I think within Cleveland and around the league they feel that he is very much in play to leave again and likely head out West to one of the two LA teams. The Lakers could very well be a target.”

Wojnarowski, arguably the most connected NBA reporter in the business, said James got the monkey off his back when he brought a championship to Cleveland in 2016, freeing himself to focus more on other facets of his life.
Linc ...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.