Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mini Camp Ends
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
1. Wentz had a strong week.

2. Grymes is looking sharp

3. Agholar is playing really well

4. Barnett, Douglas and Hollins looking strong

5. Pumphrey doesn't look over matched

6. Jernigan looks like a nice upgrade

7. Jeffrey is all that.

8. N. Goode playing well.

There has only been a few concerning things:

1. J. Matthews injury must be worse than advertised for him to miss time

2. Gibson looks over matched

The good definitely out weighs the bad.

Now we got a month and. A week before camp. sad.gif

Zero
I'm really surprised there hasn't been more football talk. I realize it's still Spring, but there's a lot of positives coming out of camp, even from some of the usually critical reporters.

Wentz is a work in progress which is the importance of the upgraded WRs. We shouldn't expect pro bowl from him, but if his skill players help him he could have a good season.

Grymes is picking up where he left off before his injury. I don't think the defense is lacking in slot corners, or even talented outside corners. It looks like what they don't have is corners who have good recover speed. We need to hope the DL can help there. Jernigan, Barnett and Curry need to be beasts. This could be the most disruptive DL in the league if those guys play up to their headlines.

How serious is tendonitis in the knee? These players have access to top level medical personnel and it's puzzling how Matthews has been troubled by the knee since last year, held out of practices and yet guarantees he'll be fine for camp. Either the injury is worse than stated as you say, or the team is up to something. Agholor played well last Spring too, not as well as this year but he needs to take it into games for it to matter. If he can play up to his ability, he should be better than Matthews. I read a couple of people say that the biggest improvement at WR is Groh.

The WR corps is really intriguing. It's not that every player is a superstar, but there seems to be a nice mix of talents. Smith has the size and speed to be a good compliment to Jeffrey and either Matthews or (confident) Agholor in the middle all should create openings. Add in Ertz, then any of the combinations at RB and the offense could be a lot of fun to watch.

Bottom line, the play of Wentz and the DL should dictate how good this team is. If Wentz progresses and the DL takes pressure off of the DBs the Eagles could surprise a lot of people.
nephillymike
Do you think that the rumors of interest in Maclin is any indication that maybe Matthews injury is more severe?

I don't think they'd hold him out of OTAs and minicamp unless it was somewhat serious, especially someone with his work ethic.

I don't think they sit him for trade bait as they would need him to appear healthy.

My guess it is a valid semi serious injury that would prevent him from playing if the season started today.
Zero
I didn't think of that but it sounds reasonable. Did they get outbid due to cap restraints or think someone else could fill the void if JMatt is out?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.