Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: It's done...
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Phits
Jason Peters and the Philadelphia Eagles have signed a one-year contract extension, according to an official announcement from the team. Peters is now under contract through the 2019 season.

Linc
The Franchise
QUOTE (Phits @ Jun 14 2017, 10:35 AM) *

jumpclap.gif
Eyrie
QUOTE (Phits @ Jun 14 2017, 04:35 PM) *

Delighted by this. We need Wentz to rise to the next level if we are to improve as a team, and Wentz needs an elite OL to make that move. Extending Peters gives us a strong and more importantly stable group to protect him.
Zero
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Jun 14 2017, 03:09 PM) *
Delighted by this. We need Wentz to rise to the next level if we are to improve as a team, and Wentz needs an elite OL to make that move. Extending Peters gives us a strong and more importantly stable group to protect him.
I'm happy about it too, but there's no guarantee Peters will be the player he has been or that he needs to be ... either this year or next year. There's a few LTs who have performed at a very high level into their late 30's, I hope JP is one of them.

Note ... this is not an application for Axis membership!
Birdwatcher
QUOTE (Zero @ Jun 14 2017, 03:27 PM) *
I'm happy about it too, but there's no guarantee Peters will be the player he has been or that he needs to be ... either this year or next year. There's a few LTs who have performed at a very high level into their late 30's, I hope JP is one of them.

They could slide him to guard if he loses a step and with less terrain to protect we could get a somewhat longer ride, and I'm pretty sure he and the team knows it.
Eyrie
QUOTE (Zero @ Jun 14 2017, 08:27 PM) *

I've been wanting us to draft his eventual replacement for about four years now, and he's still playing at an elite level. Even a decline to very good over the next couple of seasons won't be a problem.

There's plenty of room on the Axis bandwagon, mainly because the driver won't let anyone on!

QUOTE (Birdwatcher @ Jun 14 2017, 09:15 PM) *
They could slide him to guard if he loses a step and with less terrain to protect we could get a somewhat longer ride, and I'm pretty sure he and the team knows it.

I could see that happening for his last season (2019).
nephillymike
I like it.

I am hoping the team got a discount for the add on year for more guaranteed money.

I will try to track down the differences in the cap.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.