Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Conspiracy theories
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
Journalists write and, especially this time of year, create. There's been a lot of questions about Jordan Matthews not practicing and even some about Kendricks. Is it coincidental that both of these guys have been talked about in trade scenarios and both have some value? Roseman loves to trade and this is developing into a pretty good team with a couple of notable exceptions.

LB is a concern that isn't mentioned often. They play two about 75% of the time I think, Bradham and Hicks are fine. But what if Bradham is suspended for terminal stupidity and/or Hicks is injured (again)? Depth is the real concern but Kendricks strengths don't dovetail with Schwartz's system. Can they rely on Walker, Goode, Gerry and Grugier-Hill?

WR has evolved into some potential, unproven, untested depth for the team. Matthews will be a FA next year and the guessers are mostly saying Jeffrey will be an expensive keeper. Matthews plays the slot and both Agholor and Pumphrey are seeing a bunch of practice time there while JMatt is being precautioned ... even Mack is playing some slot.

I think they think the team may be good at CB looking down the road with Jones, Douglas, et al. But, a reclamation project from somewhere could be possible in a trade to bolster them this year.

Despite everything they say and what logic may tell us, I think they have set winning the East as an attainable goal for this season and NFC Championship for 2018. They need to develop continuity at key spots plus they don't have a second rounder next year. Jeffery, Jernigan, Matthews, Blount and Bradham are notable FAs. Of those, probably Jeffery and Jernigan will be expensive keepers, Blount and Bradham maybes and Matthews ... ?

Are they keeping Matthews and Kendricks healthy because there's trade talks?
Joegrane
insurance policies for a team in win-now mode. Kendricks knows multiple LB roles and has some talent. J Matt is insurance in the event the two FA veterans don't work out. I don't expect either to be traded and don't expect either to be back next year--a rebuilding year without Sproles, Celek, Blount, maybe Peters, Kelce, Barbre, C Long, P Robinson. It will be a different team next year.

QUOTE (Zero @ Jun 10 2017, 06:32 AM) *
Are they keeping Matthews and Kendricks healthy because there's trade talks?

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.