Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: You Could Be Watching All-Time Greatness Tonight in Gold State
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
If the Warriors win tonight, they will be just the 9th team in NBA history to sweep the championship series.

Furthermore, they would have swept the defending champs, a feat done two times previously, by the 83 Sixers and the 89 Pistons. If they win by four or more points, they will have the biggest point differential in the finals among the sweepers.

I know I probably just put the nephillymike jinx on them, but here is my ranking of the all-time sweepers assuming they win tonight:
#..Yr........Team.............Beat.......P/O Record......Pt. Dif Finls.....Win % RS
1. '17....Warriors.........Cavs...........16-0...............46+?..................817
2. '83....Sixers............Lakers.........12-1...............40.....................793
3. '89....Pistons...........Lakers.........15-2...............27.....................768
4. '71....Bucks.............Bullets........12-2...............49.....................805
5. '02....Lakers............Nets...........15-4...............37.....................707
6. '59....Celtics............Lakers.........8-3................41.....................722
7. '07....Spurs.............Cavs...........16-4...............24.....................707
8. '75 ...Warriors.........Bullets.........12-5..............16......................585
9. '95....Rockets..........Magic..........15-7...............28.....................573

More years are needed to determine the longer term greatness of this team, but win tonight, and they are the greatest of the sweepers.

BTW, all this talk about James not being great. Stop. Swap James with anyone on GS and it's a greater blowout that it's been. That's a fact. GS is just the better team.

Just enjoy the greatness on display.
nephillymike
Bwah!

The nephillymike jinx has no sport boundaries.

The good news?

The Sixers are still #1 !

Reality Fan
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Jun 9 2017, 11:53 PM) *
Bwah!

The good news?

Oddly the Cavs may be on to something...they are playing very physical on guys who drive....and hitting every 3 they can. Even without the 3s they would be winning but a much closer game. The question is can they play that physically bruising style for 3 more games...I kind of doubt it. If they can Golden State has no way to match it, Durant, Curry and friends are great shooters but are not physical.
D Rock
Yeah, RF. They won by 21, but their 24 three pointers had nothing to do with it.

Math-ing is hard.

The Cavs were given gift and gift from the refs. For a team that averages 26 free throw attempts per game this post season, they shot 29 free throws in the first frame.

Easily the most one sided officiating job I've ever witnessed.

nephillymike
QUOTE (D Rock @ Jun 10 2017, 11:09 AM) *
Yeah, RF. They won by 21, but their 24 three pointers had nothing to do with it.

Math-ing is hard.

The Cavs were given gift and gift from the refs. For a team that averages 26 free throw attempts per game this post season, they shot 29 free throws in the first frame.

I actually thought the ref assist would be in heavily for game three. They waited a game longer than I thought.
The Franchise
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Jun 9 2017, 11:53 PM) *
Bwah!

The good news?

The NBA makes the UN look wholesome. The refs were told to make sure the series went back to California, and they did.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (D Rock @ Jun 10 2017, 12:09 PM) *

Math-ing is hard.

of course....because the Warriors got no help in the fist 3 games. Like Irving being ripped to the ground in game 1 while it was still close and no call.....there are a ton of examples. And yes, the 3 pointers helped but cut that in half and there is still a reasonable margin of victory. Th Cavs came out playing physical and taking the ball to the cup and then shooting 3s when the Warriors backed off to prevent the drives to the basket. Forcing contact from the start and playing physical all night was the difference. I doubt they can continue to push that but if they had done it from the start they would not be in the situation that they are in. The Warriors are not a physical team except for Green who is just dirty.
Reality Fan
Funny how no one said a word when Cleveland repeated shot well below their season average from 3 in the first 3 games....odd...very odd...
The Franchise
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Jun 11 2017, 05:39 PM) *
Funny how no one said a word when Cleveland repeated shot well below their season average from 3 in the first 3 games....odd...very odd...

I thought the series would go 7 games prior to it starting. The Cavs really should've won Game 3, and pissed it away, which would've kept my prediction likely. If they somehow steal one tomorrow in GS I think it'll end up going 7 again.

But, as it stood, they were trailing 3-0 - and let's not pretend the NBA wouldn't nudge the officials to make sure it wasn't a sweep.
D Rock
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Jun 11 2017, 09:39 PM) *

They're not a 3 point shooting team. They are about middle of the league in attempts per game.

It's a far cry from shooting 20% more FT attempts in a single quarter, than you average on a per game basis. Cleveland can't hang with these dubs unless they get significant help from the refs.

Reality Fan
QUOTE (D Rock @ Jun 11 2017, 06:48 PM) *
They're not a 3 point shooting team. They are about middle of the league in attempts per game.

It's a far cry from shooting 20% more FT attempts in a single quarter, than you average on a per game basis. Cleveland can't hang with these dubs unless they get significant help from the refs.

see... this is what makes me smile....they are not a 3 point shooting team but they were ranked 2nd in 3 point attempts (2 full attempts per game ahead of the Warriors) this year...too funny.....by the way...they also are ahead, though only slightly, of the Warriors in 3 point %

http://www.basketball-reference.com/leagues/NBA_2017.html

Check your facts slappy...
Reality Fan
QUOTE (The Franchise @ Jun 11 2017, 05:55 PM) *
I thought the series would go 7 games prior to it starting. The Cavs really should've won Game 3, and pissed it away, which would've kept my prediction likely. If they somehow steal one tomorrow in GS I think it'll end up going 7 again.

But, as it stood, they were trailing 3-0 - and let's not pretend the NBA wouldn't nudge the officials to make sure it wasn't a sweep.

I thought they would lose but win a few games...they need to play physical and I don't think they can for 4 wins...they are not as athletic across the board. But they are every bit the 3 point shooting team that the Warriors are...they just are not the athletes the Warriors are.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (D Rock @ Jun 11 2017, 06:48 PM) *

and did I mention that the Warriors actually attempted more FTs...36 vs 31?.....next?
D Rock
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Jun 12 2017, 03:02 AM) *
and did I mention that the Warriors actually attempted more FTs...36 vs 31?.....next?

Jesus fucking Krist, you're dense.

They (cavs) shot 29 free throws in the first fucking quarter! After averaging 26 per GAME.

Get a clue, numb nutz.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (D Rock @ Jun 12 2017, 12:06 AM) *
Jesus fucking Krist, you're dense.

They (cavs) shot 29 free throws in the first fucking quarter! After averaging 26 per GAME.

Get a clue, numb nutz.

Me?..I wasn't the one who made the dumbest fucking statement of the year that said that they Cavs were a middle of the pack 3 point shooting team...I was the one who PROVED WITH FACT that your statement was pure and absolute stupidity.

And I am dense? I also proved, again with actual facts, that the Warriors ended up shooting MORE FTs for the game...and I am the dense one?

And to further show you what a blowhard you are..the Warriors were called for 3 more fouls than the Cavs....

So lets recap...YOU said the Cavs are "middle of the league" in 3 point attempts per game and I provided the link to the stats that show they are indeed 2nd in the league ahead of even the Warriors. YOU said the refs gave them the game yet the Warriors shot MORE FTs.

It is one thing to to make fucking stupid statements but another to be a dick when confronted with the facts that totally disprove the fucking idiocy you blabber. Now if you have facts to refute what I said feel free but last time I played games lasted 4 quarters...well, actually in college they were 2 halfs but even a dolt like you gets the picture.

And no matter how condescending you try to be you can't argue with facts...you can only seem like more of a dumbass....something you seem to be very comfortable with.
D Rock
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Jun 12 2017, 04:59 AM) *
Me?..I wasn't the one who made the dumbest fucking statement of the year that said that they Cavs were a middle of the pack 3 point shooting team...I was the one who PROVED WITH FACT that your statement was pure and absolute stupidity.

And I am dense? I also proved, again with actual facts, that the Warriors ended up shooting MORE FTs for the game...and I am the dense one?

And to further show you what a blowhard you are..the Warriors were called for 3 more fouls than the Cavs....

So lets recap...YOU said the Cavs are "middle of the league" in 3 point attempts per game and I provided the link to the stats that show they are indeed 2nd in the league ahead of even the Warriors. YOU said the refs gave them the game yet the Warriors shot MORE FTs.

It is one thing to to make fucking stupid statements but another to be a dick when confronted with the facts that totally disprove the fucking idiocy you blabber. Now if you have facts to refute what I said feel free but last time I played games lasted 4 quarters...well, actually in college they were 2 halfs but even a dolt like you gets the picture.

And no matter how condescending you try to be you can't argue with facts...you can only seem like more of a dumbass....something you seem to be very comfortable with.

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Reality Fan
QUOTE (D Rock @ Jun 12 2017, 12:05 PM) *
laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Exactly how I felt reading your silliness....facts are just a click away...
police.gif police.gif police.gif
D Rock
LMAO

Like the FACT that a team that averages 26 free throws PER GAME shot 29 of em in the first quarter.

But sure. You're right.

You're the king of offering dip shit opinion as "fact."

'ta
Reality Fan
QUOTE (D Rock @ Jun 12 2017, 06:04 PM) *
LMAO

Like the FACT that a team that averages 26 free throws PER GAME shot 29 of em in the first quarter.

But sure. You're right.

You're the king of offering dip shit opinion as "fact."

'ta

and how many did they shoot for the entire game dumbass? That is the fact...the Warriors shot more free throws for the GAME. See how that works? Now is that opinion of FACT? You are too damn funny.

Instead of just realizing you siad 2 idiotic things you double down....I guess the Cavs really didn't finish 2nd in bith 3 point attempts per game and 3 point shooting % either? Let me guess....the league lied about the stats but you are right?...They really were "middle of the league"?

So just so everyone here can realize what an blowhard really is answer just 2 questions.
1. Did the Warriors shoot more or less FTs than the Cavs in game 4?
2. Did the Cavs not finish 2nd in the NBA in 3 point attempts and 3 point %?

The FACTS are easy to find but somehow your OPINION carries more weight? Hypocrisy is a funny thing....some people are too damn dumb to realize it as they do it...funny how you offer your opinion and when it is disproven with, you know, actual facts you call that opinion.

Hysterical...
D Rock
Piss Off.

You do this all the time. Refute a simple statement "a team (the cavs) that averaged 26 free throws PER GAME, shot 29 of em in the first quarter" with some irrelevant nonsense that has nothing to do with the price of tea in china, then jump up and down declaring yourself righteous and correct.

That no one EVER agrees with your dip shit content or tact, that lacks in both logic and relevance is completely lost on you.

Then you follow the performance up with your insidious need to garner the last word. It's a real fucking treat.

So have at it, slappy. I'll cede to you the last word, then move on from your meaningless tripe.

I've had more intelligent and pleasant discussions with a salad bar.

'ta
Reality Fan
QUOTE (D Rock @ Jun 13 2017, 01:25 PM) *
Piss Off.

You do this all the time. Refute a simple statement "a team (the cavs) that averaged 26 free throws PER GAME, shot 29 of em in the first quarter" with some irrelevant nonsense that has nothing to do with the price of tea in china, then jump up and down declaring yourself righteous and correct.

That no one EVER agrees with your dip shit content or tact, that lacks in both logic and relevance is completely lost on you.

Then you follow the performance up with your insidious need to garner the last word. It's a real fucking treat.

So have at it, slappy. I'll cede to you the last word, then move on from your meaningless tripe.

I've had more intelligent and pleasant discussions with a salad bar.

'ta

It is pretty simple...don't make idiotic statements...you were the asswipe that had to make a smug comment about the 3 point issue. No worries, I don't expect you to say you were wrong which you generally are.

You answered neither question because you no the answer...the facts...and would have to admit you were wrong, something anathema to you.

I don;t doubt you have conversations with a salad bar, I imagine it is tough for you to find anyone or anything else that would actually have a conversation with you more than once after they see what blowhard you are.

Can;t wait to see what you make up next.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.