Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Phillies Suck Ass
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
The Franchise
I've been so busy that I haven't been able to follow much baseball (fortunately). But wow, I checked in a couple times over the last week to watch the Phillies play - not only do I recognize like 3 names on the roster, they are absolutely terrible.

Checking out the roster, I see we have Mark Leiter Jr. on the team! We started out in the 90's with the wrong Leiter, so naturally we have to double down and give his son a shot. Mark Sr. of course, if you care to remember the dark ages of Philly baseball known as the late 90's, was notorious for leading the league with 17 losses and 115 Earned Runs his full year here. At least Mark Jr. has an ERA of almost a run less, at 4.74.....

We're on pace for over 100 losses. Based on Phillies history, we should have a nice string of playoff appearances beginning in another 17 or 18 years. Bring on some football.

Zero
QUOTE (The Franchise @ Jun 5 2017, 04:40 PM) *
Bring on some football.
jumpclap.gif
The Franchise
We drafted a 21 year old with the 8th pick - all the comments on Facebook and elsewhere are some variation of 'see you in 7 years when you get called up.'

laugh.gif laugh.gif

I thought we permanently exited the dark ages of baseball with the Gillick years. Goddam this could be the worst Phillies team of my life, and the people who run the organization are unbelievably incompetent.

Ruben Amaro Jr. did to this franchise what Chip Kelly did to the Eagles - but in football you can bounce back quickly. Wow.

The Franchise
44 games left - these losers have to go 20-24 in order to avoid becoming the first 100 loss Phillies team over a 162 game season.

Frankly, I hope they keep losing for a few years so I can buy some ownership for pennies on the dollar in a few years. wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.