Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Here ya go DRock
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
http://www.phillyvoice.com/sixers-draft-sc...n-josh-jackson/

The one writer likes your guy as an alternative pick at #3.

Also, for interesting reading, check out there other scenarios they list with the 3rd pick.
D Rock
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Jun 4 2017, 10:57 AM) *
http://www.phillyvoice.com/sixers-draft-sc...n-josh-jackson/

The one writer likes your guy as an alternative pick at #3.

Also, for interesting reading, check out there other scenarios they list with the 3rd pick.

I read this a few days ago. You know I'm down with Isaac.

I've also come around on Smith, who was in my "not under any circumstances" list not just a few weeks ago. But with Dennis, you are projecting greater athleticism than the tape shows due to being another year past the 2015/16 ACL. You also have to write off the poor body language/attitude as being part of being on a shitty team in Raleigh. So, while I've come around conceptually on Smith, you still have to take somewhat of a leap on those 2 factors.

The only guy left on my "no way in hell" list is Tatum. He's just got this draft's Jahlil written all over him. Ball dominant, mid-range scorers, are simply too old-school for today's NBA. His ceiling is Demar DeRozan in my opinion.

I've also sold myself against Jackson. That shot is just too far gone IMO.

I would like to know what they plan to do in free agency. If they want (and believe they can land JJ Redick), I go Isaac or Smith at 3.

If they have info that suggests they can't get Redick, I'm putting Monk firmly at the top of my list (assuming we can't make a play for Fultz).
nephillymike
QUOTE (D Rock @ Jun 5 2017, 01:52 PM) *
I read this a few days ago. You know I'm down with Isaac.

I've also come around on Smith, who was in my "not under any circumstances" list not just a few weeks ago. But with Dennis, you are projecting greater athleticism than the tape shows due to being another year past the 2015/16 ACL. You also have to write off the poor body language/attitude as being part of being on a shitty team in Raleigh. So, while I've come around conceptually on Smith, you still have to take somewhat of a leap on those 2 factors.

The only guy left on my "no way in hell" list is Tatum. He's just got this draft's Jahlil written all over him. Ball dominant, mid-range scorers, are simply too old-school for today's NBA. His ceiling is Demar DeRozan in my opinion.

I've also sold myself against Jackson. That shot is just too far gone IMO.

I would like to know what they plan to do in free agency. If they want (and believe they can land JJ Redick), I go Isaac or Smith at 3.

If they have info that suggests they can't get Redick, I'm putting Monk firmly at the top of my list (assuming we can't make a play for Fultz).

Are there any other FA's with skills close to Reddick's that would do the trick?

Now that I'm used to it, I really do prefer FA before the draft like the NFL does. I'd prefer to attempt to fill the holes with known commodities first, then draft lottery tickets second.

Jackson has grown on me. He plays excellent D and is great around the basket. I forget who, but the talking heads were comparing him to a few guys who had similar shooting deficiencies out of college.

Smith, I'm more in your original camp. Also concerns with his attitude.

I think that ignoring free agency, my draft board for the Sixers is:

Fultz
Jackson
Ball (iffy on the Lavar show)
Monk
Isaac (maybe here, not totally sold)
Tatum ( maybe)

I don't want Smith or Fox.

If we are Ok with either Monk or Isaac, then we should trade down to #5 and get them.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Jun 5 2017, 07:33 PM) *
Are there any other FA's with skills close to Reddick's that would do the trick?

Now that I'm used to it, I really do prefer FA before the draft like the NFL does. I'd prefer to attempt to fill the holes with known commodities first, then draft lottery tickets second.

Jackson has grown on me. He plays excellent D and is great around the basket. I forget who, but the talking heads were comparing him to a few guys who had similar shooting deficiencies out of college.

Fultz
Jackson
Monk
Tatum ( maybe)

If we are Ok with either Monk or Isaac, then we should trade down to #5 and get them.

Why wouldn't you want Fox?
nephillymike
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Jun 5 2017, 08:04 PM) *
Why wouldn't you want Fox?

Poor shot.
D Rock
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Jun 6 2017, 12:33 AM) *

Fultz
Jackson
Monk
Tatum ( maybe)

Totally agree with trading down, but not past 5. If Ball gets past 2, I try to trade 3 to Sacto for 5 & 10.

2nd best pure shooting option on the free agent market looks like it'll be Korver. Or Portis in DC (who's more a 3/4 than a 2 guard). Korver is older, slower, and offers less defensively.
D Rock
My list...

Fultz
Monk
Isaac
Smith
Ball
Jackson
nephillymike
QUOTE (D Rock @ Jun 6 2017, 12:33 AM) *
Totally agree with trading down, but not past 5. If Ball gets past 2, I try to trade 3 to Sacto for 5 & 10.

2nd best pure shooting option on the free agent market looks like it'll be Korver. Or Portis in DC (who's more a 3/4 than a 2 guard). Korver is older, slower, and offers less defensively.

They were saying 5 & 10 for 3 is way too rich by the trade charts math. We'd have to give them a decent player or two 2nds to balance it out.

Looking at this another way, say we get Monk in the draft, what do you then do in FA?
D Rock
I'd toss in 2nd rounders at will. I personally don't get the "perceived value" of these picks. The hit rate for 2nd rounders is terrible. For every Draymond Green out there, you have a dozen misses.

Free agency is not the way to build a team in today's NBA. Unless you have some sort of mega deal coming because players A, B, & C are all school chums and want to make a run.

I still go for Redick in FA even if we do draft monk, with Porter as the back-up plan. I read about people liking Danilo Galinari, but I'm not with them.
nephillymike
Chad Ford of ESPN is saying this is in play, the Woolworth's for the #3. He has connections.

Stay tuned.
D Rock
?
Zero
QUOTE (D Rock @ Jun 6 2017, 07:40 PM) *
?
5 & 10?
D Rock
Seriously...

?

Woolworths?

Chad Ford is a hack, and it'll be a cold day in hell before I recognize Missouri (ESPN insider)...

nephillymike
QUOTE (Zero @ Jun 6 2017, 06:48 PM) *
5 & 10?

Z gets the gold star!

I guess D is too young or too West Coast to know the term Five and Ten store or Five and Dime as they were called back in the day. We had two in Olney, Woolworth's and Kresge's. I used to get bribed with a milkshake or baseball cards for behaving myself while my Mom shopped away. One time in the mid 70's, I behaved myself, so I got some money to buy baseball cards. When I went to buy them, I noticed they had two different kind of these odd looking packs on sale for half price. I took a chance and bought five packs each of them. Got them home and realized they were selling 1970 and 1969 packs of cards, six and seven years after for half price. Went back the next weeks and bought a bunch more.

Some fond 5& 10 memories.

Hopefully the Sixers will fare well too.
D Rock
I grew up in the 70s, in the suburbs of D.C..

Our 5 and dime was McCroury's.

tongue.gif

I remember Woolworths as a department store (another by gone brick-n-mortar retail reality).

I would trade back to 5 & 10 in a heart beat. Get Monk at 5 and BPA at 10.

I don't see Phoenix taking Monk at 4 with Booker on the roster.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.