Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: J-Mac
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
El Cubano
Chiefs release WR Maclin after two seasons http://es.pn/2szcVf0
via @ESPN App http://es.pn/app

Any chance we could see a return for our boy Maclin?
Zero
I'm surprised. I'm sure he'll land somewhere ... I'd be more surprised if it were here.
Phits
QUOTE (El Cubano @ Jun 2 2017, 07:59 PM) *
Any chance we could see a return for our boy Maclin?

Apparently, their cap Guru couldn't make it work

The Chiefs have been struggling with the salary cap for few years, and they had just $3.5 million available before the move. By releasing Maclin after June 1, they saved about $10 million that they can use to sign their three remaining draft picks and any additional free agents.

Maclin was due a base salary of $9.75 million this season. His cap hit was $12.4 million.

Maclin was entering the third year of a $55 million, five-year contract with Kansas City. It was a deal that became even more costly when the Chiefs were found guilty of tampering in their pursuit of him and were subsequently stripped of two draft picks and dealt hefty fines.
Zero
It still baffles me why a team that is the victim of tampering wouldn't be the recipient of the lost draft picks.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Zero @ Jun 3 2017, 05:11 AM) *
It still baffles me why a team that is the victim of tampering wouldn't be the recipient of the lost draft picks.

Good point.

Or the team victimized by cheating in the Super Bowl wouldn't get sililar relief.
El Cubano
QUOTE (Zero @ Jun 2 2017, 06:24 PM) *
I'm surprised. I'm sure he'll land somewhere ... I'd be more surprised if it were here.

No doubt he'll get signed before the start of the season, a starting role as well. I don't expect to see him back in the midnight green, but a guy can hope. Wherever he lands, I just hope it isn't to another NFC East team.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (El Cubano @ Jun 3 2017, 12:45 PM) *
No doubt he'll get signed before the start of the season, a starting role as well. I don't expect to see him back in the midnight green, but a guy can hope. Wherever he lands, I just hope it isn't to another NFC East team.

hmmmmm...can you imagine him in the slot, say goodbye to Matthews who you won't pay big bucks to next year anyway or on the outside opposite Jefferies and Smith in the slot...I am sure Howie is going crazy trying to figure something out.
The Franchise
I can't imagine Maclin is willing to take the kind of pay cut necessary to get on this team as a #3, the Browns would be more likely. You heard it here first, he's going to land on the Saints.

I understand the cap situation for the Chiefs, but I'm pretty surprised Andy cut him loose. Alex Smith only has two or three more shots at an early heartbreaking playoff loss before he has to develop another QB into a no-ringer.....

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.