Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Smith's absence from OTAs is a concern
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
... when Doug Pederson listed the players opting to miss OTAs, he listed only Fletcher Cox, Jason Peters, and Donnie Jones. It would appear Pederson didn't even know Smith would be missing.
Linc ...

Just to be clear, who cares if Smith is absent? Not me. What is a bit disconcerting though is that the team apparently didn't know one of their players was MIA. About the only thing that would make this acceptable is if Pederson has already crossed him off his list and intentionally left him out of his comments. Other than that, I'll take the roughly $1.5 mil cap relief, thank you.
Reality Fan
Well it is simply foolish to assume that that they did not know he was not there......it is painfully obvious, and I think that was their intent, that his omission from the list was a glaring statement on their part. He is not in their future plans.
Joegrane
Could it be that he knows he is going to get cut at the end of preseason and wants to be released now? Maybe they are just keeping him until the end of preseason in the event someone else gets hurt. Maybe they are shopping him but who is going to give up something for him when they can get him for nothing but $ later?

QUOTE (Reality Fan @ May 26 2017, 08:52 AM) *
Well it is simply foolish to assume that that they did not know he was not there......it is painfully obvious, and I think that was their intent, that his omission from the list was a glaring statement on their part. He is not in their future plans.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.