Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Big RB the Eagles Drafted
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Joegrane
You forgot to give carries to the really big RB the Eagles drafted this year, a guy who rushed for over 1100 yards and 13 TDs. He is so big that maybe you thought he was a DT.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XlRlG-c-OM

So after watching the video, how many snaps does he get at RB?

Frig II?

QUOTE (nephillymike @ May 21 2017, 09:31 AM) *
We had about 24.5 non QB rushes per game last year. Figure a slight increase in plays, resulting in a few more rushes, so I'll use 26.0 non QB rushes per game.

Last year, Smalls and Sproles had about 6 carries each in the games they played, with the other deep backup RBs combining for about 3.5.

So, here's a stab at the distribution:

Blount. 12
Smalls 6
Sproles 5
Pumphrey 3

Pumphrey has no say, but I don't see how any of the others would be happy with this.

Anyone?
D Rock
They didn't "draft" a "big running back."

Unless of course you think 5'7" 176 lbs is big.

You may be referring to the undrafted rookie out of Wisconsin.

Wisconsin RBs have typically done little in the league. Their system inflates their numbers.

He's a LOOOONG shot to make the team, let alone in the discussion for touches per game.

D Rock
Reality Fan
QUOTE (D Rock @ May 24 2017, 10:35 AM) *
They didn't "draft" a "big running back."

Unless of course you think 5'7" 176 lbs is big.

You may be referring to the undrafted rookie out of Wisconsin.

Wisconsin RBs have typically done little in the league. Their system inflates their numbers.

He's a LOOOONG shot to make the team, let alone in the discussion for touches per game.

watch the video...it was tongue in cheek about Qualls...the DE they drafted
Joegrane
DRock it is a great video! You have to check it out!

QUOTE (Joegrane @ May 23 2017, 11:12 PM) *
You forgot to give carries to the really big RB the Eagles drafted this year, a guy who rushed for over 1100 yards and 13 TDs. He is so big that maybe you thought he was a DT.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XlRlG-c-OM

So after watching the video, how many snaps does he get at RB?

Frig II?

D Rock
QUOTE (Joegrane @ May 24 2017, 08:54 PM) *
DRock it is a great video! You have to check it out!

Ive seen it. It looks great.

I just know that historically, a lot of Wisconsin RBs have come in with a ton of hype, and few have amounted to much.
Joegrane
I'm not suggesting that he will primarily be a RB but you may remember "The Frige" Wm Perry.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Perry...essional_career

After this year, the Eagles might save a roster spot by utilizing Qualls as the FB.

QUOTE (D Rock @ May 25 2017, 10:02 AM) *

I just know that historically, a lot of Wisconsin RBs have come in with a ton of hype, and few have amounted to much.

Eagle2720
QUOTE (D Rock @ May 25 2017, 11:02 AM) *

He's not talking about Corey Clement...
D Rock
Shit, my bad. I thought we were talking Clement.

The fridge? Really?

laugh.gif
Joegrane
There is a clip of him throwing a 30 yrd TD pass. He was making defenders miss better than Smallwood!

Of course I don't really expect that type of performance now that he is playing at 300+ lbs but it will be interesting to see what he can do.

QUOTE (D Rock @ May 25 2017, 02:10 PM) *
Shit, my bad. I thought we were talking Clement.

The fridge? Really?

laugh.gif

Zero
Not very fast, but he's amazingly athletic for his size and nice balance.
Joegrane
Some say his very short arms caused him to drop to round 6.

QUOTE (Zero @ May 26 2017, 05:04 AM) *
Not very fast, but he's amazingly athletic for his size and nice balance.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.