Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: No shows at OTA's
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
Peters, D. Jones and Cox.

A little concerning.
D Rock
Concerning? Really? Cox perhaps, being that he sucked balls last year after the big contract. But JP & the punter? 😂
Eagle2720
Marcus Smith was also a no show
Reality Fan
The thing I don't get is that this is a thing the NFLPA negotiated and got and is every players right....so why the angst? If a player does not have to be there and chooses not to go I am good with it.....I don't get the surprise.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ May 24 2017, 08:57 AM) *
The thing I don't get is that this is a thing the NFLPA negotiated and got and is every players right....so why the angst? If a player does not have to be there and chooses not to go I am good with it.....I don't get the surprise.

If they are voluntary, then they are voluntary for all and if nobody showed, then there would be no OTA.

Dick move by Cox. Off six months of the year and can't fit a vacation in some other time? The three day work week in country club environs too much to handle?

Fuck em.

When the real practice starts, I'd have his overpaid 5 sack ass out there almost all the plays.

Do you think he does this in a contract year? No.

Then why is it ok to do it after you get paid $100M?

It ain't.
Zero
It's not that it's a huge negative, it's the absence of a positive that bothers me. This team is trying to break the seal, so to speak, and to do that they need leaders. Especially if we want a nasty-ass defense. Who's the leader on the DL? Cox may not be natural in that role, but it would be nice if he made the effort. It's disappointing, that's all.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Zero @ May 26 2017, 05:10 AM) *
It's not that it's a huge negative, it's the absence of a positive that bothers me. This team is trying to break the seal, so to speak, and to do that they need leaders. Especially if we want a nasty-ass defense. Who's the leader on the DL? Cox may not be natural in that role, but it would be nice if he made the effort. It's disappointing, that's all.

So, I normally DVR quick slants and PHilly Sports Talk every day. I try to watch them all by the end of the week, normally b/c of time constraint, I may only get to watch the Eagles stuff on PST.

So this AM, I watch Wed's PST.

Barkaan says that Cox went to a wedding in Missouri. The DN guy says must have been some wedding, OTA's were Tue!

Then Barkaan says that Maclin got married this past weekend and postponed his honeymoon so that he could make KC OTA's!

That's leadership. Just like Cox, both are coming off disappointing seasons, both got paid.

I didn't hear him say that Cox was at Maclin's wedding. Missouri, could be! Maybe he couldn't say it and was just letting us fill in the blanks.

So one guy postpones a honeymoon, the other goes fishing and tweets about it.

I reiterate: fuck em.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (nephillymike @ May 25 2017, 10:05 PM) *
If they are voluntary, then they are voluntary for all and if nobody showed, then there would be no OTA.

Dick move by Cox. Off six months of the year and can't fit a vacation in some other time? The three day work week in country club environs too much to handle?

Fuck em.

When the real practice starts, I'd have his overpaid 5 sack ass out there almost all the plays.

Do you think he does this in a contract year? No.

Then why is it ok to do it after you get paid $100M?

It ain't.

You are seriously mistaken....it is not a question that they are voluntary...they are. Now you can argue that borderline players do not view it as such but the CBA is clear. All players should not show up, PFT had a good snippet on it, to protect those borderline players but it is a union of convenience.
D Rock
I think the point is that because COX sucked ass last season after getting paid, it's bad optics to miss this regardless of it's voluntary status.

Had he done even just a little more than completely SUCK ASS after getting paid, it'd be no big deal.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.