Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How many wins for the Eagles this year?
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
Was curious, now that the free agent signings are likely over.

What do you think?
Zero
I say 19. biggrin.gif
Joegrane
9. assuming key players are reasonably healthy-- J Peters, CW, A Jeffries, CBs Sproles. I could see them doing a little better than that if the rookie CBs are able to contribute more than we could reasonably expect and if other teams in the NFC east suffer major injuries.

Having so many players playing for new contracts normally would help but at WR they are competing for balls. I wonder if there will be a negative effect there since essentially all of the top 3 WRs are playing for their next contract.

QUOTE (nephillymike @ May 19 2017, 05:14 AM) *
Was curious, now that the free agent signings are likely over.

What do you think?

Pila
I'm convinced we're a playoff team. We might make the conference championship, but we don't have enough yet to go beyond that. Our weaknesses in the secondary will be exploited once the competition stiffens.
The Franchise
There's no reason we can't get 10, which will get us into the playoffs. My biggest worry is the kid playing Madde- I mean, our coach.
Eyrie
I like our offense but think that our defence is still a year away and we're in a very competitive division, so put me down for 8-8.

I wouldn't be surprised by 7-9 or even 10-6 with the division title.

QUOTE (Zero @ May 19 2017, 11:50 AM) *
I say 19. biggrin.gif

I've known you for close to 20 years and that post could have been made at this time in any of those years! tongue.gif
Zero
QUOTE (Eyrie @ May 19 2017, 02:23 PM) *
I've known you for close to 20 years and that post could have been made at this time in any of those years! tongue.gif

Probably every year.
Eyrie
QUOTE (Zero @ May 19 2017, 09:10 PM) *
Probably every year.

Only probably?

Hope springs eternal at this time of year, although we do have legitimate reasons for Optimystic to be excited cheers.gif
Joegrane
I have 5 good reasons they won't get 10 Ws, the 5 CBs who make the team, not one of whom will be better than well below average among NFL CBs.

QUOTE (The Franchise @ May 19 2017, 11:45 AM) *
There's no reason we can't get 10, which will get us into the playoffs. My biggest worry is the kid playing Madde- I mean, our coach.

Zero
QUOTE (Joegrane @ May 19 2017, 06:06 PM) *
I have 5 good reasons they won't get 10 Ws, the 5 CBs who make the team, not one of whom will be better than well below average among NFL CBs.

If I had your crystal ball I'd trash it.
Phits
QUOTE (Zero @ May 19 2017, 07:14 PM) *
If I had your crystal ball I'd trash it.

laugh.gif
Dreagon
With a year under Wentz's belt, and upgrades at WR, I think you guys should find yourselves back on the right side of .500.
The Franchise
QUOTE (Joegrane @ May 19 2017, 05:06 PM) *

Last year we should've had at least 9 wins. Then we added Jeffery, Smith, and Blount. I'm pretty confident that will lead to 10+
nephillymike
Not one person selected under 9 wins.

What this means is that everyone should see their sports investment advisor and bet the Eagles and over 8 wins.

It cost $125 to win $100.

8 wins is a push.

9 or more you win $100

7 or less you lose $125.

Get it now before it goes up to 8.5 and increases the downside risk.

Eagles over 8: Bet the House!
Eyrie
QUOTE (nephillymike @ May 20 2017, 03:32 AM) *
Not one person selected under 9 wins.

What this means is that everyone should see their sports investment advisor and bet the Eagles and over 8 wins.

It cost $125 to win $100.

8 wins is a push.

9 or more you win $100

7 or less you lose $125.

Get it now before it goes up to 8.5 and increases the downside risk.

Eagles over 8: Bet the House!

American CPA training obviously focuses more on "creative accounting" than Scottish CA training. It's the only explanation for why you think that 8 wins is not under 9 ohmy.gif
nephillymike
QUOTE (Eyrie @ May 20 2017, 05:24 AM) *
American CPA training obviously focuses more on "creative accounting" than Scottish CA training. It's the only explanation for why you think that 8 wins is not under 9 ohmy.gif

The Scots are notorious for voting late and skewing the data.

BTW, I just put a few bucks on Eagles over 8 wins. I have to believe that line goes up to 8.5 before the season.

Was tempted th put some on NE under 12.5.
Eyrie
QUOTE (nephillymike @ May 20 2017, 07:35 PM) *

BTW, I just put a few bucks on Eagles over 8 wins. I have to believe that line goes up to 8.5 before the season.

I now have two reasons to want ten wins.
The Franchise
QUOTE (nephillymike @ May 20 2017, 01:35 PM) *

I'd bet the farm on us getting over 8 wins.

Then again, one injury at the wrong position.....
Joegrane
I hear you about the injury, but who other than CW could devastate the team if he's out for the season? Alshon or Cox would be #2 but the loss of one of them would not really devastate the team because the backups are not terrible. I fear Daniel would be terrible.

QUOTE (The Franchise @ May 20 2017, 03:05 PM) *
I'd bet the farm on us getting over 8 wins.

Then again, one injury at the wrong position.....

The Franchise
QUOTE (Joegrane @ May 20 2017, 07:04 PM) *
I hear you about the injury, but who other than CW could devastate the team if he's out for the season? Alshon or Cox would be #2 but the loss of one of them would not really devastate the team because the backups are not terrible. I fear Daniel would be terrible.

I was specifically talking about Wentz of course.

8 wins is obvious for us to bet the over, but remember Vegas isn't necessarily about 'nailing it,' they're about maximizing commission by getting half the public on one side, and the other half on the other.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.