Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: LeGarrette Blount signs with Eagles!!!!
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
GroundedBird
per Rapport -> Link
nephillymike
Assuming that Mathews can't play, then he's better than nothing.

Not crazy about his sub 4.0 ypc.

The low level free agent I liked at RB was Rex Burkhead, but Bellicheat got him.

Zero
QUOTE (nephillymike @ May 17 2017, 07:28 PM) *

Not crazy about his sub 4.0 ypc.

The low level free agent I liked at RB was Rex Burkhead, but Bellicheat got him.

Zero
Blount joins the Eagles after rushing for an NFL-high 18 touchdowns last year. He ranked second in carries (299), a league-high 24 of which came inside the opponent's 5-yard line. Blount averaged 3.9 yards per carry, which comes in below league average, but that number is driven down a bit by the fact that he faced a league-high average of 8.3 defenders in the box. Blount had averaged at least 4.3 YPC during his previous three seasons. Similarly, Blount averaged a pedestrian 1.7 yards after contact last year, but topped the entire NFL at 2.27 during the 2013-15 seasons.
Here ...

Plus, some fluff ...
Philadelphia quietly sports one of the league's best teams on paper. The defense is terrific (aside from the cornerback position) and the offense is much improved following the additions of Blount, Pumphrey, Alshon Jeffery and Torrey Smith to a unit that also includes Sproles, Jordan Matthews and Zach Ertz. Carson Wentz, meanwhile, is entering his second year after a promising rookie campaign, and will be protected by one of the league's best and deepest offensive lines.

Pila
QUOTE (Zero @ May 18 2017, 11:16 AM) *
Here ...

Plus, some fluff ...

18 TDs from the most difficult part of the field to run the ball on.

Man, some people are just natural cynics. lol

We're gonns hafta stick together to hold our hopes up, brah!
The Franchise
QUOTE (nephillymike @ May 17 2017, 07:28 PM) *

huh.gif

Umm, if Matthews ever sees a snap on the field now, I would be disappointed. This is a phenomenal signing. Not only can we stop wasting time talking about dumbass never-happening trades with the Saints, but we have an actual beast of a running back to complement Sproles and Co.

Get Matthews the fuck off the roster - NOW!
Pila
QUOTE (The Franchise @ May 18 2017, 08:19 PM) *
huh.gif

Umm, if Matthews ever sees a snap on the field now, I would be disappointed. This is a phenomenal signing. Not only can we stop wasting time talking about dumbass never-happening trades with the Saints, but we have an actual beast of a running back to complement Sproles and Co.

You know where this really helps, having a hammer we can reduce the number of plays that develop behind the line of scrimmage on short-yardage situations. Imagine that.

I'm so drinking the fucking koolaid right now.
Zero
QUOTE (The Franchise @ May 18 2017, 03:19 PM) *

Ryan Mathews, right? unsure.gif
The Franchise
QUOTE (Zero @ May 18 2017, 04:32 PM) *
Ryan Mathews, right? unsure.gif

Correct.
JeeQ
For the first time since we gave away a Top 10 RB for nothing the Eagles have signed an RB I truly like

Bless you Howie wub.gif
The Franchise
QUOTE (JeeQ @ May 18 2017, 05:06 PM) *
For the first time since we gave away a Top 10 RB for nothing the Eagles have signed an RB I truly like

Bless you Howie wub.gif

He was a top-3 back when that college fraud started pissing away our offensive weapons, and last year he had the best yd/carry of any featured back in the league.

But yeah, this is great.
Zero
It'll be interesting to see how Pederson uses his RBs. Sproles isn't a bell cow, but he's a weapon when used right. Smallwood is supposed to be a good receiver and has some nice giddy-up through the hole and Pumphrey is a TBD rookie. Blount is the hammer, but I was worried about the age/use factor and the simple fact that NE let him go ... then again, they also let Asante go.
Yes, Blount is 30 years old, and probably near the end of his career. But remember: He has a relatively clean injury history and has averaged only 12.1 touches per game throughout his career. For comparison's sake, Matt Forte, 31 years old, has averaged 20.6 touches per game. Adrian Peterson has averaged 21.6 touches per game. Not a lot of wear and tear on Blount's body. He could have several years left.
Here ...
Zero
The Franchise
QUOTE (Zero @ May 19 2017, 04:47 AM) *
It'll be interesting to see how Pederson uses his RBs. Sproles isn't a bell cow, but he's a weapon when used right. Smallwood is supposed to be a good receiver and has some nice giddy-up through the hole and Pumphrey is a TBD rookie. Blount is the hammer, but I was worried about the age/use factor and the simple fact that NE let him go ... then again, they also let Asante go.

Hopefully he's had some sort of intervention since last season. At face value there's no reason we can't have an explosive offense.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.