Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Well written Salary Cap Summary
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
http://russellstreetreport.com/salarycap/n...alary-cap-faqs/

An important thing is, when we draft rookies, the minimum rookie salary counts immediately, however, since that is only 465K, none of them will be included in the 51 man cutoff, as the 465K is not high enough.

Then as they actually sign their deals, the year one impact counts against the cap.

Right now Barnett and a few others,as drafted but not signed, don't count. When they sign and it is reported, then they count.

As Z said, The Eagles have to make a move to probably free up another 2 million or so of cap room.

I'm guessing, trade, restructure or cut Mathews, Kendricks or Kelce. Given the poor cap management, it would seem that a potential trade partner, knowing that the team has to make a move among their top 51 cap values, would have the upper hand and would not have to give up fair value. This seems at this time to be mismanagement.

Maybe Howie has a restructure of another player up his sleeve that will give us room for now and still allow flexibility over the summer. We'll see soon enough.
Pila
QUOTE (nephillymike @ May 14 2017, 04:13 PM) *
http://russellstreetreport.com/salarycap/n...alary-cap-faqs/

An important thing is, when we draft rookies, the minimum rookie salary counts immediately, however, since that is only 465K, none of them will be included in the 51 man cutoff, as the 465K is not high enough.

Then as they actually sign their deals, the year one impact counts against the cap.

Right now Barnett and a few others,as drafted but not signed, don't count. When they sign and it is reported, then they count.

As Z said, The Eagles have to make a move to probably free up another 2 million or so of cap room.

I'm guessing, trade, restructure or cut Mathews, Kendricks or Kelce. Given the poor cap management, it would seem that a potential trade partner, knowing that the team has to make a move among their top 51 cap values, would have the upper hand and would not have to give up fair value. This seems at this time to be mismanagement.

Maybe Howie has a restructure of another player up his sleeve that will give us room for now and still allow flexibility over the summer. We'll see soon enough.

Ryan Matthews release and i think there'll be a couple off structures or extensions that push obligations forward.

That's my guess.
Joegrane
Based on the numbers I was seeing...

Restructure Matthews somewhat like J Charles' deal, release M Smith and DGB.

I'd prefer to keep Smith until the end of the preseason just in case a DE gets injured but I don't know if Howie has enough tricks up his sleeve to make that possible.

QUOTE (Pila @ May 15 2017, 07:23 PM) *
Ryan Matthews release and i think there'll be a couple off structures or extensions that push obligations forward.

That's my guess.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.