Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: DLine
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
DE: Graham, Barnett, Long, Curry, Means, McCalister and Smith. Keep 5?
Graham, Barnett, Long and Curry are locks. Smith is probably gone and the final spot will probably go to the winner of Means and McCalister. McCalister is supposed to have added a lot of weight and is expected to go to camp close to 270 - 6'6" with 36"arms he could be a surprise.
DT: Cox, Jernigan, Allen, Qualls, Walker, Vaeao and Hamilton. Keep 4?
Cox and Jernigan are locks, Allen's health is a question, Qualls and Walker have good reviews, Vaeao and Hamilton are both probably gone. If they keep 4 Allen is a probable if healthy and either Walker or Qualls probably gets hurt.
I think there could be huge improvement on the DL. Barnett will add fire, Long experience and they loved McCalister's potential last year. Curry absolutely needs to prove himself. I liked Bennie a lot, but he wasn't the pass rusher that Jernigan is supposed to be and playing along side of Cox should make Cox even better. Looking at the three DTs they signed, it looks like they never intended to bring Bennie back ... Jernigan, Qualls and Walker are more pass rushers than run stuffers which seem to fit Schwartz's scheme more.

It looks to me like the DL could be a strength of the team and make the DBs much better. This could be fun to watch.
Pila
QUOTE (Zero @ May 10 2017, 11:03 AM) *
DE: Graham, Barnett, Long, Curry, Means, McCalister and Smith. Keep 5?
Graham, Barnett, Long and Curry are locks. Smith is probably gone and the final spot will probably go to the winner of Means and McCalister. McCalister is supposed to have added a lot of weight and is expected to go to camp close to 270 - 6'6" with 36"arms he could be a surprise.
DT: Cox, Jernigan, Allen, Qualls, Walker, Vaeao and Hamilton. Keep 4?
Cox and Jernigan are locks, Allen's health is a question, Qualls and Walker have good reviews, Vaeao and Hamilton are both probably gone. If they keep 4 Allen is a probable if healthy and either Walker or Qualls probably gets hurt.
I think there could be huge improvement on the DL. Barnett will add fire, Long experience and they loved McCalister's potential last year. Curry absolutely needs to prove himself. I liked Bennie a lot, but he wasn't the pass rusher that Jernigan is supposed to be and playing along side of Cox should make Cox even better. Looking at the three DTs they signed, it looks like they never intended to bring Bennie back ... Jernigan, Qualls and Walker are more pass rushers than run stuffers which seem to fit Schwartz's scheme more.

It looks to me like the DL could be a strength of the team and make the DBs much better. This could be fun to watch.
I'm exited to see Means play. Every time he got an opportunity he made plays.

On paper, we look stacked. This is definitely the strength of the team.
Joegrane
Seth Joyner said in a recent interview that he thinks Curry was never quite healthy after his preseason injury. If that is true and we will get the old Curry this year, I agree that the DLine should be a strong unit

QUOTE (Zero @ May 10 2017, 06:03 AM) *
... Curry absolutely needs to prove himself. I liked Bennie a lot, but he wasn't the pass rusher that Jernigan is supposed to be and playing along side of Cox should make Cox even better. Looking at the three DTs they signed, it looks like they never intended to bring Bennie back ... Jernigan, Qualls and Walker are more pass rushers than run stuffers which seem to fit Schwartz's scheme more.

nephillymike
I agree with Pila on Means and Joe on Curry, I heard that too.

Concern about Means was he got less playing time than Smith. Means was a beast in the preseason but couldn't get on the field during the regular games. I was looking forward to him playing but when Smith beats you out for snaps, that doesn't inspire confidence.

The depth of this DL, it wouldn't surprise me if they kept 10 total, 5 each. That and the OL are the deepest units, which is a good place to start.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.