Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: You Can't Make Up This Stuff
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
nephillymike
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com

Next, they'll want to challenge the policy on

Wife beaters

Hard drug addicts

and other Cowboy staples!
mcnabbulous
The Cowboys are right and you sound extremely foolish comparing those other things to marijuana.
nephillymike
Well, it was more of a statement of the benefit it would have for that team vs a commentary on the benefits of the wacky weed.

For every one guy using it for pain, there would be ten just getting high.
mcnabbulous
So what? Getting high off marijuana still isn't even remotely comparable to beating a woman.

The fact that people associate it with that is half the problem. We have an opioid epidemic in this country. The NFL should be leading the way in driving their players away from pain pills.

The only reason they aren't is because they're in bed with beer companies, who are some of the biggest lobbyists against marijuana.
Joegrane
Mcnabbulous, great point about the opioid epidemic.

Prescription opioid deaths surpass gun-related deaths… Big Pharma literally killing more people than GUNS
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-03-01-pres...-than-guns.html

While I don't think it makes any sense to smoke marijuana, clearly there are important health benefits to some of its components.
http://www.amenclinics.com/blog/marijuana-...-brain-changes/

Why does government marijuana look so weird?
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-03-23-fake...k-so-weird.html

CBD Oil for Seizures. 22 Rx pills per day to 2
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-02-28-youn...nnabis-oil.html

Cannabidiol (CBD) found to cut seizures in HALF among severe epilepsy patients, scientists find
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-04-20-cann...tists-find.html

QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ May 3 2017, 08:37 PM) *
So what? Getting high off marijuana still isn't even remotely comparable to beating a woman.

The fact that people associate it with that is half the problem. We have an opioid epidemic in this country. The NFL should be leading the way in driving their players away from pain pills.

The only reason they aren't is because they're in bed with beer companies, who are some of the biggest lobbyists against marijuana.

Pila
QUOTE (nephillymike @ May 4 2017, 02:14 AM) *
Well, it was more of a statement of the benefit it would have for that team vs a commentary on the benefits of the wacky weed.

For every one guy using it for pain, there would be ten just getting high.

I'm pretty sure that is true of all teams, not just 'pukes.
The Franchise
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ May 3 2017, 09:37 PM) *

McNabbulous!!! I'm so excited to see your return, I was worried sick about you! jumpclap.gif jumpclap.gif

Shockingly, your return marks something I'm completely in agreement with. It was disgraceful what happened to Ricky Williams, and he's devoted his post-NFL career to educating people on medical cannabis use. It's time we grow up as a nation on this issue. I've ventured into the industry myself, and can't believe the ignorant stigmas that exist from 100 years ago.
nephillymike
Geez, can't get any traction for Cowboy hate (sorry Dreagon).

You mention about CBD oils, a friend of mine at work had a 5 cm brain tumor and was given about a year to live. He went thru some CBD test group program and just finished the other day. He reports the tumor is down to 1/2 cm and is strangling itself. So I know close up some of the benefits that can be had. His prescription didn't have the stuff that makes you high in it.

I wonder how many of the benefits and exemptions people are seeking will not have the "high" ingredients.
D Rock
The only reason weed is illegal is because the likes of Pfizer, AnheiserBusch, and Winston Salem haven't figured out yet how to turn a profit on it.

Weed is safer than any of the products shilled by those fucks, and if you're still stuck in a 50s mentality on weeds industrial and medical benefits to our society and planet, it's time to get your dumbass head out of the sand.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (nephillymike @ May 4 2017, 05:16 AM) *
I wonder how many of the benefits and exemptions people are seeking will not have the "high" ingredients.

But why does it matter either way? Who cares if they want to get high.
D Rock
QUOTE (nephillymike @ May 4 2017, 11:16 AM) *

Like alcohol?

The benefits of industrial hemp are inumerable.

I'm a big fan of the biodegradable plastics that are made with it to replace those made from crude, that never decay and are choking our oceans. (Just 1 example).

Look, the hypocrisy inherent in anyone who enjoys the occasional beer decrying THC's potential "high" is obvious. THC is safer than Alcohol for the individual user AND everyone around them.
Phits
QUOTE (D Rock @ May 4 2017, 10:58 AM) *
Look, the hypocrisy inherent in anyone who enjoys the occasional beer decrying THC's potential "high" is obvious. THC is safer than Alcohol for the individual user AND everyone around them.

To be fair, one can have a drink just because the enjoy it and not for the "drunk effect". I've never heard of anybody smoking a joint without the intent of getting high or a buzz.
Joegrane
Right, it is the THC that has psychoaffective properties, not the CBD.

A guy in Detroit wrote a book about his cancer recovery--stage 3 I think. He mostly used CBD oil and dietary changes.

This video series has many similar amazing stories about cancer recoveries when using various alternative and adjunct therapies. Dave O. at the following link is interviewed. Doctors at Mayo clinic and another hospital gave him less than 6 months to live due to stage 4 cancer all over his abdomen. He is alive and well years later, no cancer, never did chemo.
http://www.hoxseybiomedical.com/patient-testimonials/

Chris and others have reported remarkable recoveries, including a few people who recovered with natural treatments after chemo and surgery failed.
http://www.chrisbeatcancer.com/category/na...rvivor-stories/

There is much more on this subject, including big studies on vitamin D, the power of supporting the related immune system activator, GcMAF, that causes macrophages to take out cancer cells in this video clip. http://www.naturalnews.com/050972_GcMAF_ca...Bradstreet.html

You won't hear about this from mainstream doctors because the system is designed to protect Pharma's profit margins.

QUOTE (nephillymike @ May 4 2017, 05:16 AM) *
Geez, can't get any traction for Cowboy hate (sorry Dreagon).

You mention about CBD oils, a friend of mine at work had a 5 cm brain tumor and was given about a year to live. He went thru some CBD test group program and just finished the other day. He reports the tumor is down to 1/2 cm and is strangling itself. So I know close up some of the benefits that can be had. His prescription didn't have the stuff that makes you high in it.

Reality Fan
QUOTE (Phits @ May 4 2017, 11:21 AM) *
To be fair, one can have a drink just because the enjoy it and not for the "drunk effect". I've never heard of anybody smoking a joint without the intent of getting high or a buzz.

Great point....not to mention you don't get second hand smoke from a beer...lol
The Franchise
QUOTE (D Rock @ May 4 2017, 10:52 AM) *
The only reason weed is illegal is because the likes of Pfizer, AnheiserBusch, and Winston Salem haven't figured out yet how to turn a profit on it.

Partially correct. They know exactly how to turn a huge profit on it, but realize they would have to compete with thousands of other companies across the nation, and people able to grow plants and make cannabis products in their own house. Pharma would rather keep the status quo.

D Rock
QUOTE (The Franchise @ May 4 2017, 06:44 PM) *
Pharma would rather keep the status quo.

Truth.

Pharma doesn't care about comfort or cure. They only care about getting us all hooked on their "products."

That's why I voted against the legalization prop here in Cali. I support the concept of decriminalization for numerous reasons, but this particular bill was written by Bayer Corporation and was little more than a money grab, and will ultimately put the "boutique growers" and mom-n-pop farms out of business, in favor of corporations that can/will grow on a macro level.

D Rock
QUOTE (Phits @ May 4 2017, 04:21 PM) *

I'm down with the flavor as much as the buzz.
Pila
Thankfully my country no longer treats this triviality as unwarrantly shunned, criminal behavior.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Pila @ May 4 2017, 02:01 PM) *
Thankfully my country no longer treats this triviality as unwarrantly shunned, criminal behavior.

Your country is just about the only one that has gotten it right.

Our country just uses it as a tool to imprison the poor and POC.
Joegrane
You guys really want people smoking weed for their health, especially athletes?!

I'm not talking about using it as an herbal remedy, especially CBD oil.

The following article cites studies presenting positive and negative effects of smoking pot. The negatives seem to outweigh the positives for young adult athletes.
Is Pot Good for Lungs? New Marijuana Study Adds to Health-Effects Debate

People who start smoking marijuana in adolescence or young adulthood are nearly twice as likely as non-marijuana smokers to develop symptoms of psychosis.

One and a half times as many current marijuana smokers as nonsmokers have asthma

People who have inhaled marijuana within the last hour are nearly five times more likely to have heart attacks as people who have not inhaled marijuana in the last hour.

Young adults who have smoked marijuana for more than six years are four times as likely as non-marijuana smokers to become delusional.

If you smoke marijuana, you’re inhaling three to five times as much hydrogen cyanide as you would inhale by smoking the same amount of tobacco

If you smoke marijuana, you’re inhaling 20 times as much ammonia as you would inhale by smoking the same amount of tobacco.

Drivers under the influence of marijuana are more than twice as likely as other drivers to be involved in motor-vehicle accidents

I think athletes who play for the Cowboys, Giants and Redskins should be allowed to smoke weed.

Pila
QUOTE (Joegrane @ May 4 2017, 11:02 PM) *
You guys really want people smoking weed for their health, especially athletes?!

I'm not talking about using it as an herbal remedy, especially CBD oil.

The following article cites studies presenting positive and negative effects of smoking pot. The negatives seem to outweigh the positives for young adult athletes.

I think athletes who play for the Cowboys, Giants and Redskins should be allowed to smoke weed.

What i want is for this goofy stigma to become a fading memory.

Abusing sugary goods is also bad for your health, as a billion and one other trivial everyday consumables.

But we don't go around putting people in jail or terminating them over it.
D Rock
QUOTE (Pila @ May 5 2017, 02:22 AM) *
What i want is for this goofy stigma to become a fading memory.

Abusing sugary goods is also bad for your health, as a billion and one other trivial everyday consumables.

But we don't go around putting people in jail or terminating them over it.

It's fucking lunacy.
Zero
QUOTE (D Rock @ May 5 2017, 12:31 AM) *
It's fucking lunacy.

It's also what happens when we allow our government to decide what's good for us and what isn't.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Zero @ May 5 2017, 04:36 AM) *
It's also what happens when we allow our government to decide what's good for us and what isn't.

That has very little to do with drugs being illegal in this country
Joegrane
Power and money-hungry government leaders will have an impact on "what is good for us"

Not too many years ago they reduced the dose of Tylenol that is available OTC. Tylenol is rough on the liver's supply of glutathione and sulfate and too many people were ending up in the ER. However, doctors can still prescribe higher doses of tylenol. The mfgr likely dumped plenty of $ into Washington to get reasonable regulation of it.

However a medication for chronic and other lead poisoning, DMSA, had been OTC for at least 15 years. However a few years ago the Obama administration changed it to prescription only. I am aware of many reports of people taking huge 500-1000mg doses of DMSA for a "provoked urine test". Some people can get messed up on those big doses. However 25-50mg doses are able to correct the lead poisoning problem.

The FDA could have done with DMSA what they did with Tylenol, lower the max OTC dose. However the FDA and CDC are in bed with Pharma that makes too much $ on psych meds. The brain is one of the most vulnerable organs to heavy metals.

Bigger, more powerful government just invites more pay-to-play. Big corps know who they have to pay off to get more favorable government policies for their products.

Autistic kids and people with a heavy metal problem don't give enough $ to politicians and don't provide enough guest speaking opportunities for FDA and CDC scientists.
http://www.healing-arts.org/children/holmes.htm#results

QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ May 5 2017, 09:04 AM) *

QUOTE (Zero @ May 5 2017, 04:36 AM) *
Zero
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ May 5 2017, 10:04 AM) *

Isn't it the government that is responsible for the enactment of law?
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Zero @ May 5 2017, 03:30 PM) *

lol...a minor point....but a killer...lol

I do love the "alcohol is legal so pot should be" argument. Next will be "pot is legal co coke should be" and so on.......we are a society of "they did so we can" so it fits.

I am not sure where to stand on this one.....it does not effect me because I am not a smoker and few of my friends have felt the need to roll a joint since they were 18....they grew out of it but I get that some love it. Most of the people I know that do it are burn outs but that is a small sample size. If they can rationalize definitively that it is no worse that cigs than I would have no issue. (of course I would outlaw smokes if I could...hate the smell....lol)

I do agree that the lobby system in the US is what drives the car.
Pila
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ May 5 2017, 08:05 PM) *

I do love the "alcohol is legal so pot should be" argument. Next will be "pot is legal co coke should be" and so on.......we are a society of "they did so we can" so it fits.

I am not sure where to stand on this one.....it does not effect me because I am not a smoker and few of my friends have felt the need to roll a joint since they were 18....they grew out of it but I get that some love it. Most of the people I know that do it are burn outs but that is a small sample size. If they can rationalize definitively that it is no worse that cigs than I would have no issue. (of course I would outlaw smokes if I could...hate the smell....lol)

Considering the supposed war on drugs has done absolutely zero to curb supply, put even a dent on price in over 3 decades... In fact, while the price has remained dirty cheap, purity has gone up... Begging the question, perhaps this obsession with the war on drug users wouldn't be more cost effective if we stopped putting them in jail and use those savings to treat and prevent instead.

Portugal is a small country, but it's been an incredible 13 years here. Our jails are almost completely empty. And even better, overdoses and usage of hard drugs are on 40 year lows.

Maybe it's time to think differently.
Zero
QUOTE (Pila @ May 5 2017, 04:28 PM) *
Maybe it's time to think differently.

It's absolutely time. We're making criminals out of juveniles, victims and the general public who don't choose alcohol. We're creating an environment of predatory crime that is costing our society $billions and enriching criminals throughout the world.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Zero @ May 5 2017, 02:30 PM) *

Yes. But they don't do it because it's "bad for us."
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ May 5 2017, 03:05 PM) *
Most of the people I know that do it are burn outs

I bet more of the people you know do it than you're aware of.
Zero
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ May 5 2017, 06:53 PM) *
Yes. But they don't do it because it's "bad for us."

No, they do it for money ... from the tobacco and alcohol lobbies probably. Most of them don't really care what's bad for us or what's good for us. They care about staying where they are, telling us what we can and can't do and getting wealthy in the process.

We should keep them out of our lives as much as much as practical, and that includes much of what they do.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Zero @ May 5 2017, 06:40 PM) *
No, they do it for money ... from the tobacco and alcohol lobbies probably. Most of them don't really care what's bad for us or what's good for us. They care about staying where they are, telling us what we can and can't do and getting wealthy in the process.

We should keep them out of our lives as much as much as practical, and that includes much of what they do.

They also do it as a means to persecute poor people and people of color.
Zero
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ May 5 2017, 08:16 PM) *
They also do it as a means to persecute poor people and people of color.

A part of our government has been doing that for decades and still does.

But this isn't a football conversation.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Zero @ May 5 2017, 07:59 PM) *
A part of our government has been doing that for decades and still does.

But this isn't a football conversation.

Fair enough. It's just one of the many reasons that Goodell's stance on the topic is outdated and disappointing. Especially considering the racial dynamics that make up the league.
Zero
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ May 5 2017, 09:58 PM) *
Fair enough. It's just one of the many reasons that Goodell's stance on the topic is outdated and disappointing. Especially considering the racial dynamics that make up the league.

Legality of pot isn't an issue with me, but I see where it could be a slippery slope for the NFL. I don't subscribe to the belief that weed necessarily leads to other drug usage, but I'll bet that parties where it's openly used also have coke, and other drugs available. Because it's illegal in most states, how does the NFL allow it? I don't think it's as easy a decision as it may appear.

What does race have to do with it?
Reality Fan
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ May 5 2017, 06:54 PM) *
I bet more of the people you know do it than you're aware of.

No...my friends are pretty open about everything....most just grew out of it and most don't like smoke. That does not mean that they don't have other pharma options....just tend to stay away from the herb.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Zero @ May 6 2017, 07:40 AM) *
Legality of pot isn't an issue with me, but I see where it could be a slippery slope for the NFL. I don't subscribe to the belief that weed necessarily leads to other drug usage, but I'll bet that parties where it's openly used also have coke, and other drugs available. Because it's illegal in most states, how does the NFL allow it? I don't think it's as easy a decision as it may appear.

I am curious about the rejection of any negative findings of any of the reports on weed use and the acceptance of all the positives by some. There are some fairly objective and exhaustive studies on it that detail the issues with it that should, at the very least, be concerning. I am not saying that you are doing this but many in the weed camp dismiss it out of hand.

It is a tough issue and I can see the argument that alcohol has similar issues.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Zero @ May 6 2017, 06:40 AM) *

Because African Americans are exponentially more likely to be arrested for marijuana possession than white people. Despite the fact that every study indicates usage rates amongst both groups is largely the same.

The NFL is influential. 70% of the players are black. They could make a difference for African Americans across the country by making a logical stand against the anti marijuana nonsense.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ May 6 2017, 09:34 AM) *
Because African Americans are exponentially more likely to be arrested for marijuana possession than white people. Despite the fact that every study indicates usage rates amongst both groups is largely the same.

The NFL is influential. 70% of the players are black. They could make a difference for African Americans across the country by making a logical stand against the anti marijuana nonsense.

Much of those arrest are because those neighborhoods experience significantly more crime hence police levels there are greatly increased. Pretty simple stuff. If there was little crime than policing would be greatly reduced.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ May 5 2017, 03:05 PM) *

This very much matches my feelings.

One thing that greatly surprises me is that there doesn't seem to be much published about the burnout effect, while my personal experience is so different.

I grew up and hung out with a group of about 25 or so in Philadelphia. All of us liked to drink, and all did it long before our legal age. All smoked pot, also at a young age, some more often than others. Most, over time, stayed with alcohol, but about ten were committed herbites. The pot heads just couldn't remember shit. Some were upper track kids that just seemingly lost their brain power. Some went to college with me and they just struggled. One of my crowd died a few years ago, and I saw many of the old crowd, and when we were busting balls, talking about the good old days, the potheads just didn't remember. It was like they didn't expect to remember.

Then while in college, a group of my teammates were potheads. Again, they just seemed to forget shit all the time. Simple stuff like baseball plays, called pickoffs, signals, really basic shit. It was just different. I have no problem with people smoking pot. They were good players, one played many years in the minors. We had a reunion a few years back and same type of thing. They just didn't remember. Hey, while I haven't done so since I was twenty one, they were and are friends and good people and most times I'm a let it be person. I just would like to reconcile that we aren't legalizing people's rights to fry their brains.

RF mentioned the burnout. Has anyone else seen this?
Reality Fan
I was always a beer person...never smoked weed....I started smoking cigs when I was 9 to be "cool" realized I hated the taste of it so not smoking weed was never a chore. That being said, the guys that were heavy into the weed ended up a mess but I think what Nabby et al are referring to are normal folks who might toke here and there and not necessarily the hardcore weed heads.

Those I knew that were really heavily into went down some bad roads.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ May 6 2017, 05:43 PM) *
I was always a beer person...never smoked weed....I started smoking cigs when I was 9 to be "cool" realized I hated the taste of it so not smoking weed was never a chore. That being said, the guys that were heavy into the weed ended up a mess but I think what Nabby et al are referring to are normal folks who might toke here and there and not necessarily the hardcore weed heads.

See that's the thing. The potheads in my crowd or on my team, never, as far as I know, got into heavier stuff or did rehab or any of that stuff. They just seemed to have lost some capability to remember shit, which I always took (and I think they did too) as a result of them hitting the wacky weed.

But I poked around, and there is article after article saying it isn't true. It wasn't like my achilles research where a simple search had a bunch of articles citing the perils of that injury.

And it was not just my crowd. I remember seeing that in rival crowds and other guys I met later in life saying the same thing of guys they knew.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ May 6 2017, 10:48 AM) *
Much of those arrest are because those neighborhoods experience significantly more crime hence police levels there are greatly increased. Pretty simple stuff. If there was little crime than policing would be greatly reduced.

Whatever helps you sleep at night.
nephillymike
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ May 6 2017, 07:47 PM) *

Hey, I posted a thread in G & G for you.
Joegrane
A guy who has seen over 50,000 functional brain scans has noticed too! These are some of the brain images in his collection. As you can imagine "holes" and Swiss cheese are not normal. They represent under-active areas.
http://www.amenclinics.com/healthy-vs-unhe...hol-drug-abuse/

The results of my brain scan at his clinic got my attention. The changes I made as a result were helpful to my career and to an important relationship.

QUOTE (nephillymike @ May 6 2017, 07:13 PM) *
See that's the thing. The potheads in my crowd or on my team, never, as far as I know, got into heavier stuff or did rehab or any of that stuff. They just seemed to have lost some capability to remember shit, which I always took (and I think they did too) as a result of them hitting the wacky weed.

But I poked around, and there is article after article saying it isn't true. It wasn't like my achilles research where a simple search had a bunch of articles citing the perils of that injury.

And it was not just my crowd. I remember seeing that in rival crowds and other guys I met later in life saying the same thing of guys they knew.

QUOTE (Reality Fan @ May 6 2017, 05:43 PM) *

Reality Fan
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ May 6 2017, 08:47 PM) *

lol...no...your right...in my quiet neighborhood where cars don't get broken into and people mugged and stores robbed there is a heavy police presence and they let all the white kids go....such silliness.....if I see a cop once in a day it is an oddity because nothing happens here so the kids smoking weed or doing other pharma don't run into the law very much but if you feel better being the social justice warrior knock it out....I don't need to feed self righteousness to nod off.
mcnabbulous
Man it's almost like your case study is irrelevant, because this "anomaly" is true for every city across the country and not just specific to your boring ass Lehigh Valley suburb.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ May 7 2017, 08:39 AM) *
Man it's almost like your case study is irrelevant, because this "anomaly" is true for every city across the country and not just specific to your boring ass Lehigh Valley suburb.

good to see you are still the same.....I do not care what city you want to discuss...I have lived in the metro DC area...I know that is not the badlands of lancaster but a somewhat larger metro area, and I have lived in Mobile, Al. and spent extensive time in Scottsdale, Pittsburgh and Chicago. The story is the same. In Chicago I was in the Lincoln Park area which had been gentrified and the only cop cars you saw were when you walked on Lincoln Ave. Crime was/is very low in that neighborhood. In DC I lived in Fairfax, Again, very little police presence except in the trouble spots, go figure.

I realize the idea that police congregate were there is trouble kind of ruins the victim mentality but such is life.
nephillymike
Ahhh...................

Those Nabby - RF tussles.

All is right with the world !!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.