Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pumphrey
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
D Rock
I can't get my head around picking a 170 lbs RB to play in the NFL.

But, the more I read about this kid, the more I can't wait to see him play.

Apparently, he has over 2800 yards AFTER CONTACT over the past 3 seasons. In fact, he averaged more yards AFTER CONTACT than Leonard Fournet.

Most of the highlites I see online, have him running the stretch play, off tackle, or sweeps. But there are a few where he's sticking it up between the tackles. It's going to be interesting to see how the scheme him the ball, how many touches, and whether or not they can keep him in one piece.

Zero
And apparently he's never been injured.
Pila
QUOTE (D Rock @ May 2 2017, 03:43 PM) *
I can't get my head around picking a 170 lbs RB to play in the NFL.

But, the more I read about this kid, the more I can't wait to see him play.

Apparently, he has over 2800 yards AFTER CONTACT over the past 3 seasons. In fact, he averaged more yards AFTER CONTACT than Leonard Fournet.

Most of the highlites I see online, have him running the stretch play, off tackle, or sweeps. But there are a few where he's sticking it up between the tackles. It's going to be interesting to see how the scheme him the ball, how many touches, and whether or not they can keep him in one piece.

He looks like a real exciting player. But may not be a good idea to pound 20 carries again into him.
Joegrane
I'd be inclined to essentially Red Shirt him this year. Don't activate him unless one of the other RBs gets nicked up.

I too am excited to see him play but I'd rather have him get bigger and stronger to protect himself, and better protect CW!

I'd rather have a big back be activated who can contribute on STs and be available on 4th and 1.

QUOTE (Pila @ May 3 2017, 04:37 PM) *
He looks like a real exciting player. But may not be a good idea to pound 20 carries again into him.

The Franchise
I'm pretty sure he'll be put on a strict diet to bulk up a bit.

I didn't realize this, but he's the NCAA all-time leading rusher. Most of the top college rushing leaders were taken in the first round, while his size dropped him a few rounds this could be another steal in the making. A guy I never heard of named Damion Fletcher, currently #8 in college rushing yards, didn't get drafted at all a few years ago. It's a cruel business.

Joegrane
We see that in college basketball as well. Not too many years ago Nova's Scottie Reynolds was All American but did not get drafted. He did not have the quickness to play NBA PG or the length to play SG.

QUOTE (The Franchise @ May 3 2017, 07:34 PM) *
I'm pretty sure he'll be put on a strict diet to bulk up a bit.

I didn't realize this, but he's the NCAA all-time leading rusher. Most of the top college rushing leaders were taken in the first round, while his size dropped him a few rounds this could be another steal in the making. A guy I never heard of named Damion Fletcher, currently #8 in college rushing yards, didn't get drafted at all a few years ago. It's a cruel business.

The Franchise
QUOTE (Joegrane @ May 3 2017, 10:31 PM) *
We see that in college basketball as well. Not too many years ago Nova's Scottie Reynolds was All American but did not get drafted. He did not have the quickness to play NBA PG or the length to play SG.

I get it, but the comparison isn't really fair. In the NBA, you're talking about a sport where each team can have a max of 15 roster spots, and the draft is 2 rounds.

In the NFL you have 90 guys suiting up post-draft (7 rounds) before eventually cutting down to 53, along with a practice squad. Also, with the myriad of injuries in the game, you see constant transactions during the season. For the leading rusher in history to not get a crack at a roster spot? That's some tough shit.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.